[NEohioPAL]Seeking advice - woman near end of life wishes to be published

Noah Budin nbudin at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 30 15:00:51 PST 2006

--0-1701696931-1162249251=:63816

Hello authors and published writers --

  Sorry for the email blast, but I know this community of writers will come through with excellent suggestions and advice.

  I'm writing in my professional capacity as Assistant Director of Activities at an assisted living residence. We have a program here called "Second Wind Dreams." Residents submit "dreams" -- something they'd like to be able to do -- and, in any way that's possible, we make them come true. Dreams can be big or small, anything from shopping to flying. You get the idea.

  One of my residents wrote a manuscript a number of years ago and she'd like it published. It's a memoirs of growing up in Cleveland in the 20's and 30's. It's actually not bad, in my opinion. The prose is clear, the stories are interesting and the tone is a little poetic.I had her typewritten manuscript transcribed and converted to a Word document and I have it on my computer.

  She's on hospice. We'd like to get this done ASAP. What's my best course of action?

  We can just take it to Kinko's and get it "bound." and self published. We can send it around to actual publishers and see what happens (but I fear we may not have the resources or time to do that), or I can "publish" it on one of those websites that will bind it and sell it to you. I've been looking into a site called lulu.com. Anyone heard of it?

  Anyone have any suggestions?

  Thanks,
Noah
  nbudin at sbcglobal.net
  www.noahbudin.com

--0-1701696931-1162249251=:63816

<DIV>Hello authors and published writers --</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>Sorry for the email blast, but I know this community of writers will come through with excellent suggestions and advice.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>I'm writing in my professional capacity as Assistant Director of Activities at an assisted living residence. We have a program here called "Second Wind Dreams." Residents submit "dreams" -- something they'd like to be able to do -- and, in any way that's possible, we make them come true. Dreams can be big or small, anything from shopping to flying. You get the idea.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>One of my residents wrote a manuscript a number of years ago and she'd like it published. It's a memoirs of growing up in Cleveland in the 20's and 30's. It's actually not bad, in my opinion. The prose is clear, the stories are interesting and the tone is a little poetic.I had her typewritten manuscript transcribed and converted to a Word document and I have
 it on my computer.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>She's on hospice. We'd like to get this done ASAP. What's my best course of action?</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>We can just take it to Kinko's and get it "bound." and self published. We can send it around to actual publishers and see what happens (but I fear we may not have the resources or time to do that), or I can "publish" it on one of those websites that will bind it and sell it to you. I've been looking into a site called lulu.com. Anyone heard of it? </DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>Anyone have any suggestions?</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>Thanks,<BR>Noah</DIV>  <DIV><A href="mailto:nbudin at sbcglobal.net">nbudin at sbcglobal.net</A></DIV>  <DIV>www.noahbudin.com</DIV>
--0-1701696931-1162249251=:63816--