[NEohioPAL]Come see Sing On! @ Hathaway Brown!!

Justin Brenis masterchu2076 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 8 09:28:45 PST 2006

Tired of sitting around with nothing to do during the weekend?

Need a good laugh to help finish off the work week?

Do you just love a good night out with great entertainment?

Then come see "Sing On!" at Hathaway Brown this weekend!

Sing On!, by Rick Abbot, and wonderfully directed by Molly Cornwell, is a
farcical comedy with music about a local community theatre group trying to
rehearse and produce a ridculous musical about none other than Queen
Elizabeth I.

The script written by an eccentric and flighty playwrite named Phyllis
Montague, with score and lyrics by her equally eccentric nephew Monte,
attempts to boost a more positive image of Elizabeth I.  Led by their
director Geraldine Dunbar, the group, desperate to save their theatre from
closing down, agrees to produce the “musical” because it comes with a
$10,000.00 endowment from an organization called "The Bess Boosters Society"
(a club of Elizabeth I enthusiasts).

Rehearsal interruptions, unexpected arrivals, technical complications, and
relationship intrigues combine to keep the theatre group on its toes and
racing to keep everything under control. Oh, and did we mention all the
songs in the show are by Stephen Foster (Oh Susannah, Camptown Races, et
al), but with new lyrics?

It's hard to act on a sinking ship, but can they sing while the water rises?

Don't miss your opportunity to see this hilarious show, and to support this
wonderfully talented group of young actors!

Location:
Bradley Auditorium
Hathaway Brown School
19600 Northpark Blvd.
Shaker Heights, OH 44122

Show Dates:
Nov 9th - 7:00pm
Nov 10th - 7:30pm
Nov 11th - 7:30pm
Nov 12th - 2:30pm

Tickets:
$6/Students and Seniors
$8/General Admission

Call 216.320.8796 Ext.7186 for reservations

For more information or to see a copy of our playbill visit
http://69.1.196.133/news.php?id=778