[NEohioPAL]Borat vs. Flat Earth Society Artists

Anthony Weishar a_weishar at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 13 06:17:28 PST 2006

--0-631859723-1163427448=:6691

  It  appears that the Flat Earth syndrome has hit the arts community. (For  those not following politics, it is the notion that there is only one  really important country, and what our news media tells us is all  true.) Borat is a British (He comes from England which is across the  water by New York) comedian who is really thinking outside the box and  pushing the edge. His creativity just earned him a bundle. Almost all  of what he does is an act, as was Ali G.

 Of course folks  tend to think of Mr. Bean as some fop from England, not knowing he is  an established actor named Rowan Atkinson. Let's face it many in this  country are not educated enough to understand British humor and its  nuances. Now we have added Mr. Cohen taking it to a new level visually  and verbally. The joke is on those who miss the subtlety in his words.  It appears that some in our community have been duped. Wake up, he is a  comedic actor.

 I personally don't care for the continuous  grossness in his routines, but I do enjoy watching Leno and Letterman  squirm. They have no idea what he will do next. That's how original he  is. Creativity in comedy is art. We just need to understand that it can  come from other countries. There are a bunch of them all around us.

--0-631859723-1163427448=:6691

<hr size=1>Everyone is raving about <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42297/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta">the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.</a>
--0-631859723-1163427448=:6691--