[NEohioPAL]Borat doesn't pay.

James Smith gladlyplaid at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 08:59:49 PST 2006

On Nov 14, 2006, at 9:45 AM, Marta Perez-Stable wrote:

I want to know why it's so awful to make fun of Jews
and peasants pulling plows in Kazakhstan but it's
perfectly fine to sweep people who tend to vote
Republican or watch Fox News into some negative
stereotyped group?
<<<

I realize I let my politics unnecessarily slip into my
missive, but I believe the thrust of my argument still
stands: I'm not worried so much about a couple racist
Americans who got caught on film, but rather with the
poor Romanians that Sacha Baron Cohen took advantage
of, and is profiting immensely from. They clearly
didn't know what they were getting into when they took
their $6 and agreed to be taped.

It's perhaps ironic, then, that Cohen himself is
extremely private when it comes to *his* personal
life: "He guards his privacy so fiercely that,
according to the U.K. press, his publicists denied not
only that he attended a party for "Borat"'s recent
London premiere, but also that a party even occurred.
(It did.)"
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15560972/site/newsweek/

-Jim