[NEohioPAL]Borat doesn't pay.

GMG gigihellas5555 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 11:02:24 PST 2006

--0-2013099943-1163530944=:77998

It's just how it is...  all over the world in fact...  People can make fun of Europeans... Whites...  any type of 'majority'... and nobody says ANYTHING. The minute anyone makes fun of a 'minority', i.e. Jews, Blacks, Hispanics...  They are castrated.

  I thought the movie was hysterical.  No, I'm not Jewish.  I'm Greek/Italian.  Maybe I should have sued when they came out with the movie, "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"???

Marta Perez-Stable <marta at mindcrafted.com> wrote:
  I want to know why it's so awful to make fun of Jews and peasants pulling
plows in Kazakhstan but it's perfectly fine to sweep people who tend to vote
Republican or watch Fox News into some negative stereotyped group? I feel
slightly maligned simply because I think Brit Hume is the least editorial,
consistently evenhanded, and most deadpan of all the evening news anchors.

Consider simple concepts like the freedoms of speech and of association.
These include the freedom to make a fool of one self, to make bad decisions,
and to hang out with idiots. Let's face it, we all have those moments we
wish we could rewind out of existence. As any parent out there knows, it's
impossible to protect someone else from their own stupidity.

Maybe the Harriett character on 'Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip' has a point.
I don't always agree with her, but the fact that the discussion is so
distasteful to other characters on the show, to me, is very telling of the
close mindedness of many. If you don't know the show, it's the best new
dramatic series this year and also in danger of being canceled.

Me, I choose to enjoy a laugh whenever I'm graced with the opportunity. Life
is short and I'd rather die smiling than being angry. And, by the way, I do
think the people on Jay Leno's Jaywalking segments are that ignorant and
they also amuse me to no end.

Keep on discussing. It's a very American thing to do.

Marta E.

Encore production of Disney's Beauty and the Beast at Beck Center - 12/1 - 12/31. About the '05 production: "shining" "triumph" "outstanding" - James Damico, Free Times; "one of the year's best musicals" - Christine Howey, Cleveland Scene. Call 216-521-2540 for tickets. http://www.fredsternfeld.com/beautyandthebeastencore06.htm
Disclaimer: The facts and/or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the person in the "from" or "reply-to" header. The fact that this message is posted should in no way be taken as an endorsement by the administrator of this list. Subscribers should perform due diligence for all goods, services and activities promoted on NEohioPAL.

NEohioPAL mailing list
NEohioPAL at lists.fredsternfeld.com