[NEohioPAL]Let's stand up... for a change...

Christopher kaimei at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 19 20:20:38 PST 2006

--------------000602070108040805090901

Why would this work?  Voters and establishments square off at the polls
everytime there is a vote.  You know, the ones where at 4/3 victories
every vote really DOES count?  The hit those who stand to lose revenue
by losing smokers are already long aware of the loss to their
businesses, and the ones who don't stand to lose could care less.  Those
who would bother to take their business elsewhere are already polarized
on this issue, and see losing potential customers as the price of doing
business while wearing morality colored glasses.  All the voices sounded
off and instead of raising a third voice, fell into the typical party
groove and threw their eggs into the basket of RJ Reynolds' attempt to
take away local cities' rights to govern themselves.

There's a knockoff pressed tin sign in the men's room of Spaghetti
Warehouse that says something on the order of, "nothing that hurts our
town's businesses could possibly help any of us."  Punishing and/or
emboldening businesses for doing all they could to pass or stop this
legislation.

The answer is for businesses who feel they will lose money in this to
get together, hire a graphics guy and come up with a sign they can put
on their door that says, "We welcome smokers."

Then see how it pans out.  The market will bear out what more people
care about:  clean air, or hot air.

Christopher K. Young

Sheldon Lawrence wrote:

> It is time for smokers to say "enough!"  Now the health nazis have
> decided that privately owned bars and restaurants are "public"
> places.  Those of us who smoke, and those of you who believe in
> personal freedom, have to stand up for OUR rights.  Don't go out to
> eat anymore.  Don't go to bars.  If enough of us participate in this
> boycott, they will rescind this law.  The pressure from restaurant and
> bar owners will be too much.  The owners or managers of these
> establishments should be able to determine what goes on in their own
> places, as long as it's within the law.  And smoking is still legal.
> Let's stand up for a change!
> Sheldon Lawrence
> shelactor at yahoo.com

> Sponsored Link
>
> $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - Think You Pay Too Much For Your
> Mortgage? Find Out!
> <http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9135-16417&moid=4116>

--------------000602070108040805090901

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Why would this work?  Voters and establishments square off at the polls everytime
there is a vote.  You know, the ones where at 4/3 victories every vote really
DOES count?  The hit those who stand to lose revenue by losing smokers are
already long aware of the loss to their businesses, and the ones who don't
stand to lose could care less.  Those who would bother to take their business
elsewhere are already polarized on this issue, and see losing potential customers
as the price of doing business while wearing morality colored glasses.  All
the voices sounded off and instead of raising a third voice, fell into the
typical party groove and threw their eggs into the basket of RJ Reynolds'
attempt to take away local cities' rights to govern themselves.  <br>
There's a knockoff pressed tin sign in the men's room of Spaghetti Warehouse
that says something on the order of, "nothing that hurts our town's businesses
could possibly help any of us."  Punishing and/or emboldening businesses
for doing all they could to pass or stop this legislation.  <br>
The answer is for businesses who feel they will lose money in this to get
together, hire a graphics guy and come up with a sign they can put on their
door that says, "We welcome smokers."  <br>
Then see how it pans out.  The market will bear out what more people care
about:  clean air, or hot air.  <br>
Christopher K. Young<br>
Sheldon Lawrence wrote:<br>
 cite="mid201391.73173.qm at web52814.mail.yahoo.com">
decided that privately owned bars and restaurants are "public" places.  Those
of us who smoke, and those of you who believe in personal freedom, have to
stand up for OUR rights.  Don't go out to eat anymore.  Don't go to bars.
If enough of us participate in this boycott, they will rescind this law.
The pressure from restaurant and bar owners will be too much.  The owners
or managers of these establishments should be able to determine what goes
on in their own places, as long as it's within the law.  And smoking is still
legal.  Let's stand up for a change!</div>

$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month -    <a
 href="http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9135-16417&moid=4116">Think
You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out!</a> </p>