[NEohioPAL]Cleveland Play House is your home for the holidays

Alison Bibb abibb at clevelandplayhouse.com
Tue Nov 21 14:54:01 PST 2006

------=_NextPart_000_0126_01C70D96.070A75D0

The Play House is Your Home for the Holidays
 A Christmas Story and Santaland Diaries return, Festival of Trees
celebrates 10 years and The Nutcracker opens children's series

CLEVELAND (November 21, 2006) -- The tenth annual Festival of Trees display
and three holiday productions are "in The (Play) House" this holiday season
making The Cleveland Play House a one-stop holiday destination.

A Christmas Story
Based on Jean Shepherd's fond and funny tribute to the original,
traditional, 100%, red-blooded, All-American Christmas. Philip Grecian's
stage adaptation, directed by Seth Gordon, runs November 30 - December 23,
2006 in the Bolton Theatre. Join Ralphie in his quest for the "Holy Grail of
Christmas presents" - a Genuine Red Ryder 200 Shot Carbine Action Air Rifle.
Along the way, experience his childhood, from coveting his father's "major
award" to staring down the dreaded Scut Farcus in this funny and sweet tale
of growing up in the 1940s.

Santaland Diaries
The Cleveland Play House Club Cabaret Series presents the irreverence of
David Sedaris' hilarious Santaland Diaries for a special limited engagement
in The Play House Club this December. Performances are at 9:00 p.m. Friday
evenings, December 8, 15 & 22; Saturday evenings December 9, 16 & 23.

Mark Alan Gordon, Associate Director of the Cleveland Play House/Case
Western Reserve University MFA program will star in the witty and irreverent
show about one unemployed actor who found the true meaning of the season
while working as an elf for Macy's "Santaland" display.

Festival of Trees
The annual "Festival of Trees" holiday display returns from November 21 -
December 30, 2006. The free community event features more than 70
beautifully decorated trees lining the Theatre's lobbies.

The trees are on view seven days a week, noon-5 pm November 22; 9 am - 9 pm
from November 23 - December 22; 9 am to noon on December 23; noon to 5pm on
December 26; and from 9 am to 5 pm from December 27 - 30, 2006. The building
is closed Thursday, November 23, Sunday, December 24, and Monday, December
25.

Parking is free up until one hour before performances.

The Cleveland Play House Giving Tree, featuring scholarships for area
children and youth to participate in the many educational programs at The
Play House, will be displayed in the rotunda. This tree offers Festival of
Trees visitors an opportunity to help underprivileged children in the
neighborhoods near The Play House. Visitors may select "Angel" ornaments
from the tree and return them by mail or in-person to the ticket office,
along with a contribution.

THE NUTCRACKER
The Children's Series at The Play House opens with an energetic and
contemporary adaptation of E.T.A. Hoffman's classic holiday musical for a
special two-week public run in the Drury Theatre on December 16, 17, 22 and
23 at 1:00 and 3:00 pm.

Marie, a Cleveland teenager, is miserable at the thought of her family's
annual outing to see The Nutcracker ballet. She'd rather stay home and
listen to rock music. Despondent, she lies down and falls asleep. She dreams
of a life-sized Nutcracker who pleads with her to help him find "the hardest
nut to crack" so that he may reverse an evil spell cast upon him by the
Mouse King's mother. Marie reluctantly agrees and together they set off on a
musical journey that includes stops in Candyland and The Land of Snow. Along
the way she discovers the value of imagination and reconnects us all with
the spirit of the season.

For Single Tickets or More Information:
(216) 795-7000 or www.clevelandplayhouse.com

For Group Sales of 10 or more:
(216) 795-7000 ext. 235

# # #

As the country's first permanently established professional theatre, founded
in 1915, The Cleveland Play House has produced plays for 91 years. More than
12 million people have attended over 1,300 productions at The Cleveland Play
House - more than 130 of which were American and/or World Premieres. At
300,000 square feet, the Philip Johnson-designed Cleveland Play House
complex houses five performance spaces, making it the largest regional
theatre complex in the United States.

The Ohio Arts Council helped to fund The Cleveland Play House with state tax
dollars to encourage economic growth, educational excellence and cultural
enrichment.

------=_NextPart_000_0126_01C70D96.070A75D0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7036.0">
<TITLE>Cleveland Play House is your home for the holidays</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><B><FONT SIZE=3D4 FACE=3D"Arial">The Play House is =
Your Home for the Holidays</FONT></B></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><B><I><FONT SIZE=3D4 FACE=3D"Arial"> A Christmas =
Story and Santaland Diaries return, Festival of Trees celebrates 10 =
years and The Nutcracker opens children’s series </FONT> =
</I></B></P>

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">CLEVELAND (November 21, 2006)</FONT></B> =
<FONT FACE=3D"Arial">-- The tenth annual Festival of Trees display and =
three holiday productions are “in The (Play) House” this =
holiday season making The Cleveland Play House a one-stop holiday =
destination.</FONT></P>

<P><B><I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">A Christmas Story </FONT></I></B>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Based on Jean Shepherd’s fond and funny =
tribute to the original, traditional, 100%, red-blooded, All-American =
Christmas. Philip Grecian’s stage adaptation, directed by Seth =
Gordon, runs November 30 – December 23, 2006 in the Bolton =
Theatre. Join Ralphie in his quest for the “Holy Grail of =
Christmas presents” - a Genuine Red Ryder 200 Shot Carbine Action =
Air Rifle. Along the way, experience his childhood, from coveting his =
father’s “major award” to staring down the dreaded =
Scut Farcus in this funny and sweet tale of growing up in the =
1940s.</FONT></P>

<P><B><I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Santaland Diaries</FONT></I></B>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">The Cleveland Play House Club Cabaret Series =
presents the irreverence of David Sedaris’ =
hilarious</FONT><B></B><B><I> <FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Santaland =
Diaries</FONT></I></B><I></I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"> for a special limited =
engagement in The Play House Club this December. Performances are at =
9:00 p.m. Friday evenings, December 8, 15 & 22; Saturday evenings =
December 9, 16 & 23.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Mark Alan Gordon, Associate Director of the =
Cleveland Play House/Case Western Reserve University MFA program will =
star in the witty and irreverent show about one unemployed actor who =
found the true meaning of the season while working as an elf for =
Macy’s “Santaland” display. </FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Festival of Trees</FONT></B>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">The annual</FONT><B> <FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial">“Festival of Trees”</FONT></B><FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial"> holiday display returns from</FONT><B> <FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial">November 21 – December 30, 2006.</FONT></B><FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial"> The free community event features more than 70 =
beautifully decorated trees lining the Theatre’s lobbies. =
</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">The trees are on view seven days a week, noon-5 =
pm November 22; 9 am – 9 pm from November 23 – December 22; =
9 am to noon on December 23; noon to 5pm on December 26; and from 9 am =
to 5 pm from December 27 – 30, 2006. The building is closed =
Thursday, November 23, Sunday, December 24, and Monday, December 25. =
</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Parking is free up until one hour before =
performances.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">The Cleveland Play House Giving Tree, featuring =
scholarships for area children and youth to participate in the many =
educational programs at The Play House, will be displayed in the =
rotunda. This tree offers Festival of Trees visitors an opportunity to =
help underprivileged children in the neighborhoods near The Play House. =
Visitors may select “Angel” ornaments from the tree and =
return them by mail or in-person to the ticket office, along with a =
contribution.</FONT></P>

<P><B><I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">THE NUTCRACKER</FONT></I></B>

<BR><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Arial">The Children’s Series =
at The Play House opens with an energetic and contemporary adaptation of =
E.T.A. Hoffman’s classic holiday musical for a special two-week =
public run in the Drury Theatre on December 16, 17, 22 and 23 at 1:00 =
and 3:00 pm.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"> </FONT></B>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Marie, a Cleveland teenager, is miserable at =
the thought of her family’s annual outing to see</FONT><I> <FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial">The Nutcracker</FONT></I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial"> ballet. =
She’d rather stay home and listen to rock music. Despondent, she =
lies down and falls asleep. She dreams of a life-sized Nutcracker who =
pleads with her to help him find “the hardest nut to crack” =
so that he may reverse an evil spell cast upon him by the Mouse =
King’s mother. Marie reluctantly agrees and together they set off =
on a musical journey that includes stops in Candyland and The Land of =
Snow. Along the way she discovers the value of imagination and =
reconnects us all with the spirit of the season.</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">For Single Tickets or More =
Information:</FONT></B>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">(216) 795-7000 or </FONT><A =
HREF=3D"file://www.clevelandplayhouse.com"><U><FONT COLOR=3D"#0000FF" =
FACE=3D"Arial">www.clevelandplayhouse.com</FONT></U></A>
</P>

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">For Group Sales of 10 or more:</FONT></B>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">(216) 795-7000 ext. 235</FONT>
</P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"># # #</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">As the =
country’s first permanently established professional theatre, =
founded in 1915, The Cleveland Play House has produced plays for 91 =
years. More than 12 million people have attended over 1,300 productions =
at The Cleveland Play House – more than 130 of which were American =
and/or World Premieres. At 300,000 square feet, the Philip =
Johnson-designed Cleveland Play House complex houses five performance =
spaces, making it the largest regional theatre complex in the United =
States.</FONT></I></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Ohio Arts Council =
helped to fund The Cleveland Play House with state tax dollars to =
encourage economic growth, educational excellence and cultural =
enrichment.</FONT></I></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_0126_01C70D96.070A75D0--