[NEohioPAL]The smoking ban

Nancy Tabar emilytabar at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 05:46:16 PST 2006

Sheldon...
Now is the time the act???? I think the time to act was November 7th. Did y=
ou even vote???
What makes your right to smoke greater than my right to breathe clean air??=
? =20
And yes, bars and restaurants are privately owned....but they aren't going =
to do diddly squat without the public patronizing them.

Someone else posted about taxing cheeseburgers because they are bad for our=
 health....  Yes cheeseburgers are bad for my health, but me eating a chees=
eburger is not affecting the health of the person sitting next to me.  Smok=
ing is just downright rude!  Sheldon, have you ever seen someone dying of l=
ung cancer??  It is not pretty.  Maybe you should tour some cancer wards an=
d see what you have to look forward to.

Breathing alot easier,
Nancy Tabar

________________________________
> From: shelactor at yahoo.com
> To: neohiopal at lists.fredsternfeld.com
> Subject: [NEohioPAL]The smoking ban
> Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 07:06:18 -0800
>=20
> It is time for smokers to say "enough!"  Now the health nazis have decide=
d that privately owned bars and restaurants are "public" places.  Those of =
us who smoke, and those of you who believe in personal freedom, have to sta=
nd up for OUR rights.  Don't go out to eat anymore.  Don't go to bars.  If =
enough of us participate in this boycott, they will rescind this law.  The =
pressure from restaurant and bar owners will be too much.  The owners or ma=
nagers of these establishments should be able to determine what goes on in =
their own places, as long as it's within the law.  And smoking is still leg=
al.  Let's stand up for a change!
> Sheldon Lawrence
> shelactor at yahoo.com
> ________________________________
> Sponsored Link
> $420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mort=
gage? Find Out!<http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=3Dlmb-91=
35-16417&moid=3D4116>

http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=3Dweather&FORM=3DWLMTAG=

From: Mike Wypasek <sunshinecomedy at earthlink.net> (Mike Wypasek)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:46:37 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Subject: [NEohioPAL]The smoking ban

<HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2963" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>I have been smoking for 20 years as has my wife.  Last December we visited New York City which is smoke free everywhere.  We LOVED it. We were truly amazed at the difference inside restaurants, a comedy club, and a couple of bars.  We did not mind stepping outside the bar or a club for a smoke.  Once the ban takes effect, I truly believe most smokers will notice a complete difference in the air quality inside and will say "well I have to admit this is pretty good."  And I just spoke with another Cleveland smoker last week who lived in NYC for a year and he felt the same way I did.</DIV>
<DIV>And by the way, both my wife and I voted in favor of the smoking ban, and in favor of the additional taxation for the arts.</DIV>
<DIV> <BR><BR><BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid">-----Original Message----- <BR>From: Jack Kilroy <JPK1798 at GMAIL.COM><BR>Sent: Nov 20, 2006 7:44 AM <BR>To: Sheldon Lawrence <SHELACTOR at YAHOO.COM><BR>Cc: neohiopal at lists.fredsternfeld.com <BR>Subject: Re: [NEohioPAL]The smoking ban <BR><BR>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Smoking bans have worked, despite vehement protests from those addicted to tobacco, wherever they have been enacted.  In Ireland, a smoking ban was enacted three years ago and the pubs and restaurants seem to thrive.  </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>While I understand that smokers perceive that there is a right to spread carcinogens, the smoking ban is a health change.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>We legislated the "rights" of private companies to pollute with the clean air and clean water act.  It has benefited everyone.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Jack Kilroy, cancer survivor<BR><BR> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=gmail_quote>On 11/19/06, <B class=gmail_sendername>Sheldon Lawrence</B> <<A href="mailto:shelactor at yahoo.com">shelactor at yahoo.com</A>> wrote:</SPAN>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=gmail_quote style="PADDING-LEFT: 1ex; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">
<DIV>It is time for smokers to say "enough!"  Now the health nazis have decided that privately owned bars and restaurants are "public" places.  Those of us who smoke, and those of you who believe in personal freedom, have to stand up for OUR rights.  Don't go out to eat anymore.  Don't go to bars.  If enough of us participate in this boycott, they will rescind this law.  The pressure from restaurant and bar owners will be too much.  The owners or managers of these establishments should be able to determine what goes on in their own places, as long as it's within the law.  And smoking is still legal.  Let's stand up for a change! </DIV>
<DIV>Sheldon Lawrence</DIV>
<DIV><A onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="mailto:shelactor at yahoo.com" target=_blank>shelactor at yahoo.com</A></DIV>
<P><FONT color=#666666><FONT size=2>
<HR SIZE=1>
Sponsored Link</FONT></FONT><BR><BR>$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - <A onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9135-16417&moid=4116" target=_blank>Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out!</A>
<P></P>
<P></P></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY>