[NEohioPAL]Digital Arts and Economy Conference at Cleveland Institute of Art, Saturday 12/9

Bodwin Theatre bodwin_theatre at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 4 05:27:20 PST 2006

This event may be of interest to the many members of the creative industry
on this list.

Kevin Cronin
216. 374.7578

____________________________________
Join us to define the economic development investment roadmap for
digital media in Ohio. What is the next level for rich media in Ohio?
Participate in one hour sessions of updates and interactive
conversations with academic, business and government leaders and guide
next steps to grow Ohio as a global leader in rich media applications.

We'll take a close look at strategic outcomes for Ohio, metrics we
need to measure success, what milestones look like and identify SMART
(simple - measureable - aggressive - relevant - time sensitive) goals.

FUTURE: The Center for Design and Technology Transfer @ The Cleveland
Institute of Art's Joseph McCullough Center, 11610 Euclid Ave.

For more information on the event, go here:
http://ucinnovationzone.pbwiki.com/OurProgram

Our Schedule (Entire program hosted at FUTURE)
10:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
· Welcome: David Moss, Director, FUTURE: Center for Design and
Technology Transfer @ The Cleveland Institute of Art
· Introduction & Overview: Daniel Carl, Director, Northeast Ohio
Videogame Initiative
· Our Innovation Opportunity: Ohio as a Global Leader in the Creative
Industries, Ed Morrison, Purdue Center for Regional Development, and
The Institute for Open Economic Networks (I-Open)

11:00 A.M. to Noon
Concurrent Discussions
· Building Creative Businesses: Matt Neff, Flipline Studios; David
Grampa, Game Comm; Morgan Adams, Adams Immersive; Moderator: Rick
Pollack, Manager, IT and Operations, Nine Sigma LLC
· Career Pathways: Terrance Green, Ph.D, Lorain County Community
College; Joef Pelaia, Dir., Digital Media, Virginia Marti College of
Art & Design; Thomas M. Nosek, Ph.D., Professor of Physiology and
Biophysics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine; Ted
Jordan, Jordan Team Technology Camps
· Connected Facilities for Creative Businesses: Frank Mills, Urban
Paradoxes; Hunter Morrison, Director, Center for Urban and Regional
Studies, Youngstown State University; additional participants TBA

Noon to 1:30 P.M.
Lunch on your own. Directory to be provided.

2:00 P.M. to 2:30 P.M.
· Kasumi: Art & Technology Performance. Film maker, video and VJ
artist, animator, electronic musician, theatrical designer, sound
designer, writer and producer. (see website to view the VJ demo).

2:30 P.M. to 3:30 P.M.
Concurrent Discussions
· Videogame Design Workshop for Young Pros: Ted Jordan, Jordan Team
Technology Camps; Steve Simmons, Director, Audio Director, EDR Media
LLC, Beachwood Studios Production Center
· Rich Media Advertising: Digital Signage & Narrowcasting Solutions:
Barbara Siss Oney, Director, Digital Airport Initiative LLC; David
Moss, Director, FUTURE: Center for Design & Technology Transfer @ The
Cleveland Institute of Art
· Best Practices: Linking and Leveraging Regional Assets in Southern
Ohio: Tom Stead, of Shawnee State University; Karen E. Riggs, Ohio
State University, Professor, School of Telecommunications, Director,
Game Research and Immersive Design (GRID) Lab, Scripps College of
Communication

3:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M.
· Next Steps in Building the Networks

4:30 P.M.
· Networking and Ongoing Business
Meet The Bloggers, George Nemeth; Gloria Ferris; Tim Ferris, Meet The
Bloggers

FOOD and BEVERAGE TABLE: In the morning we will have fresh,
best-in-Cleveland Bialy's Bagels and hot Phoenix Midtown Blend coffee
for sale. In the afternoon, E City Cleveland students will host the
sale of fresh bakery goods benefiting the E City Cleveland School.

Return to Defrag :: Q4 :: 2006
Interactive Displays and Information: (More info forthcoming...)
· Kasumi
· GameComm
· Muscle Physiology, Tower of Learning
· Flipline
· FORM
· Adams Interactive
· The Digital Airport Initiative
· Greater Cleveland Partnership: Arts Network & NEOBiz resources for artists
· Other...

Stay up-to-date with your friends through the Windows Live Spaces friends
list.