[NEohioPAL]Cuttin' Up at The Cleveland Play House

Alison Bibb abibb at clevelandplayhouse.com
Thu Jan 18 14:10:43 PST 2007

------=_NextPart_000_00EF_01C73B23.9FD77460

				Contact:  	Alison Bibb
					216-795-7000 ext. 236;
abibb at clevelandplayhouse.com

Cleveland Play House is Cuttin' Up for start of second half of season
Acclaimed play on African-American barbershops highlights importance of
community history and storytelling across generations

CLEVELAND (January 18, 2007) -- Cuttin' Up, the stage adaptation of the book
Cuttin Up: Wit and Wisdom from Black Barber Shops by bestselling author
Craig Marberry, will run in the Bolton Theatre, February 2-25, 2007. The
stage production of Cuttin' Up, written by director and writer, Charles
Randolph-Wright, is a co-production between The Cleveland Play House and the
Pasadena Playhouse in California.

As local barbershops are communities unto themselves, the Play House is
collaborating with Lake Erie Barber College and several other Cleveland
barbers to illustrate a remarkably simple truth: "When you have history, you
belong."

Israel Hicks, director Cuttin' Up, spent 17 seasons directing numerous world
premieres at the Denver Center Theatre Company. His is also Artistic
Director and Chairman of the Theatre Arts Program at Rutgers University's
Mason Gross School of the Arts.

"Cuttin' Up contains conversations across generations of African-American
men that are extraordinary--and relevant to all people and all cultures,"
says Michael Bloom, Play House Artistic Director. "Theatergoers will walk
out of this production with a deep understanding for the importance of
community and sharing our stories and values with other generations."

"I am so very proud the men in Craig Marberry's book - these real men doing
extraordinary things," says the playwright, Charles Randolph-Wright. "They
may seem ordinary in who they are or what they do but they are extraordinary
in how they do it - with dignity, with charm, with humor, and with
elegance."

Vernon Winfrey (father of Oprah Winfrey), a barber from Nashville,
contributed his thoughts and experiences for the book Cuttin' Up, is
portrayed in the stage adaptation. Vernon, and his wife, Barbara Winfrey,
will be attending the play's opening night at The Play House on Wednesday,
February 7.

The Cleveland Play House cast of Cuttin' Up includes experienced actors such
as Iona Morris, daughter of Cleveland native actor Greg Morris who was best
known for his groundbreaking role as Barney Collier on "Mission: Impossible"
from 1966-1973. The entire cast has a wide range of experiences in theatre,
film and television, and are all making their first appearances at The Play
House.

ABOUT CUTTIN' UP
Andre started his career as a barber at eight years old, learning the trade
from his older brothers and his father. By eighteen, he had enough of the
"one horse town" he grew up in and hit the road in search of greener
pastures. His travels have led him from city to city, and now he finds
himself working for a barber named Howard in Cleveland.

Howard is a long-time barber and shop owner with a deep respect for the role
of the barbershop in the African-American community. He sees his shop as a
communal ground where men - and the occasional woman and child - come to
socialize, talk about the issues of the day, and learn about their
collective history. Andre fits into the shop but is hesitant to talk about
his itinerant past. Over the course of the play, Andre's secrets are
revealed, he and Howard come to an understanding and arrangement for their
futures, and the barbershop ultimately serves as a safe haven and home for
Andre and the rest of the community.

ABOUT THE CAST
HARVY BLANKS (Kenny, Rev. Carson, Bernard) has performed Off-Broadway in
Tabletop at the American Place Theatre. He has performed at the following
regional theatres: The Blue Heron Theatre, Delaware Theatre Company, Denver
Center Theatre Company, Pittsburgh Public Theatre, Goodman Theatre and The
Kennedy Center. Mr. Blanks is the winner of the 2001 Drama Desk Award.

BILL GRIMMETTE (Rev. Jenkins, Uncle, Don King) has performed regionally at
Arena Stage, Milwaukee Rep, Shakespeare Theatre of Washington, The Kennedy
Center, Van Wezel Center and Virginia Shakespeare Festival. His television
credits include roles on   "The Wire," "Homicide: Life on the Street," "In
the Heat of the Night," "A Man Called Hawk," and "To Heal A Nation." Mr.
Grimmette has appeared in the films Cecil B. Demented and Her Alibi.

DORIAN LOGAN (Rudy) is a recent graduate of the MFA program at the
University of California, Los Angeles. He has performed at The Powerhouse
Theatre and in the film The Hurricane Party.

IONA MORRIS (Karen, Yvette, Sandra) has performed in Off-Broadway
productions of Native Speech at Hudson-Guild Theatre; Telltale Hearts at
42nd Street Theatre; and A Perfect Diamond. She has performed regionally at
Pasadena Playhouse, Denver Center Theatre and Sacramento Theatre Company.
Her television credits include "The Shield," "The District," "LAX,"
"Moesha," "Star Trek: Voyager," "As The World Turns" and "General Hospital."
On film, Ms. Morris has appeared in Once Upon A Time When We Were Colored,
Ride Or Die, Patient 14 and In The Bag.

MACEO OLIVER (John, Jermaine, Wheeler) has a great deal of regional theatre
experience at  La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts, Civic Light Opera
of South Bay Cities, Cabrillo Music Theatre, Heritage Repertory Theatre,
Fullerton Civic Light Opera, San Francisco Shakespeare Festival, Oregon
Shakespeare Festival, California Shakespeare Festival, Mill Mountain
Theatre, Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera and Sacramento Music Circus. He has
appeared in "Angels of Lemnos" on PBS. His film credits include roles in
Self-Inflicted and Little Chicago. Mr. Oliver has received the San Francisco
Dean Goodman Award and has been nominated for the LA Ovation Award. He holds
a Bachelor's degree in Dramatic Arts and Dance from the University of
California, Davis.

DARRYL ALAN REED (Andre) performed on the Off-Broadway and touring
productions of Dinah Was. He has performed in regional theatre productions
at Lillian Theatre, Geffen Theatre, Theatre Works, Fountain Theatre,
Pasadena Playhouse, Center Stage, Chicago Opera Theatre, Goodman Theatre and
Steppenwolf Theatre. His television credits include roles on "Just Jordan,"
"Sleeper Cell," "Day Break," "The Shield," "Desperate Housewives," "CSI,"
"The District," "NYPD Blue," "The Bernie Mac Show," "An American Tragedy"
and "Martin." Mr. Reed has appeared in the films Cuttin' Da Mustard, Sweet
and Lowdown, The American President, One Man's Justice, The Last Set, Under
the Influence, Edge, Cold Justice and Love Your Mama.

JACQUES C. SMITH (Howard Jr., Willy, Lou) performed on Broadway in Rent, and
regional theatre productions at Goodman Theater, Pasadena Playhouse, South
Coast Repertory, Paper Mill Playhouse, Coconut Grove Playhouse, Arizona
Theater Company, San Diego Repertory, La Jolla Playhouse and Illinois
Theater Center. His television credits include roles on "CSI: Miami," "ER,"
"The Division," "PBS' American Masters - Ralph Ellison: An American
Journey," "Oz" (two seasons) and "Law & Order." Mr. Smith is the recipient
of several prestigious awards including the Black Theatre Alliance Award,
FRED Award (Pasadena Playhouse), and an NAACP Image Award nominee. He holds
an MFA from the University of California, San Diego, and earned his
Bachelor's degree from Princeton University.

ADOLPHUS WARD (Howard) has performed at the Fountain Theatre, Joslyn Senior
Center, Kansas City Repertory, Penumbra Theatre, Milwaukee Repertory
Theatre, Alley Theatre and the Arizona Theatre Company. His television
credits include appearances "Girlfriends," "The Guardian," "Brother Love"
and "African American" (Narrator).Mr. Ward worked on film in Magic Love,
Just A Matter Of Time and Trial Of The Moke.

DIRECTION AND DESIGN
CHARLES RANDOLPH-WRIGHT (Playwright) has worked extensively in theatre, film
and television. His play Blue, starring Phylicia Rashad, broke box office
records at Arena Stage, the Roundabout Theatre in New York, and in Los
Angeles. He's also directed Guys and Dolls (the 50th anniversary tour
starring Maurice Hines), Me and Mrs. Jones (starring Lou Rawls), and
Love/Life (starring Brian Stokes Mitchell). Other credits include
productions at the New York Shakespeare Festival, New York Theater Workshop,
Lincoln Center, Manhattan Theatre Club, Carnegie Hall, Pasadena Playhouse,
Mark Taper Forum, Williamstown Theater Festival, and ACT. His television
credits include writing and producing Linc's (Showtime) and directing South
of Nowhere (The N). Mr. Randolph-Wright recently directed the award-winning
feature film Preaching To The Choir and currently is writing and directing
the film version of Mama, I Want To Sing. A Duke University honors graduate,
he serves on its artistic board and on the Board of Directors of the
Roundabout Theatre. He is an Arena Stage Associate Artist and a founding
member of the Wright Family Foundation of South Carolina.

ISRAEL HICKS (Director) In 17 seasons at the Denver Center Theatre Company,
Mr. Hicks has directed the world premieres of A Selfish Sacrifice, Pork Pie:
A Mythic Jazz Fable, Waiting to Be Invited, Kingdom, Coming of the
Hurricane, and Evil Little Thoughts, as well as Gem of the Ocean, The
Madwoman, A Streetcar Named Desire, King Hedley II, Jitney, Dream on Monkey
Mountain, Blues for an Alabama Sky, Seven Guitars, Two Trains Running, Romeo
and Juliet, Fences, Joe Turner's Come and Gone, The Piano Lesson, Ma
Rainey's Black Bottom, and Home.  REGIONAL:  Guthrie Theater, ACT, Mark
Taper Forum, Seattle Repertory Theatre, Actors Theatre of Louisville,
Milwaukee Repertory Theatre  OTHER CREDITS: Artistic Director and Chairman
of the Theatre Arts Program at Rutgers University's Mason Gross School of
the Arts.

MICHAEL CARNAHAN (Scenic Designer) BROADWAY: Kander & Ebb's Curtains
(Associate Scenic Designer)  OFF-BROADWAY: Clubbed Thumb, Irish Arts, Jean
Cocteau Rep, Audax Theatre Group  REGIONAL: Utah Shakespearean Festival,
Signature Theatre, ACT, McCarter Theatre, Williamstown Theatre Festival, New

Jersey Performing Arts Center, Freedom Theatre.

DAVID KAY MICKELSEN (Costume Designer) CPH: Of Mice and Men, A Christmas
Story, Room Service, The Dinner Party, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Frank
Langella's Cyrano, I Hate Hamlet, Company, world premiere productions of
Jerusalem and The Emancipation of Valet de Chambre  REGIONAL: Guthrie
Theatre, Geffen Playhouse, Denver Center Theatre Company, Cincinnati
Playhouse in the Park, Arizona Theatre Company, Pioneer Theatre, Geva
Theatre, Northlight Theatre, Tennessee Rep, San Diego Rep, New Mexico Rep,
Repertory Theatre of St. Louis, Williamstown Theatre Festival, Sundance
Theatre, The Children's Theatre Company of Minneapolis, Ford's Theatre,
Portland Center Stage, A Contemporary Theatre, Ensemble Studio Theatre,
Pennsylvania Center Stage, Jean Cocteau Repertory Theatre, Theatre of the
Open Eye, Hampton Playhouse, Timberlake Playhouse, Laguna Playhouse,
Pasadena Playhouse, Berkeley Repertory Theatre, as well as the Oregon,
Colorado, Utah and Illinois Shakespeare festivals.

PHIL MONAT (Lighting Designer) BROADWAY: Sly Fox, Legends, Finian's Rainbow,
Sally Marr and Her Escorts, Three From Brooklyn  OFF-BROADWAY: Woman Before
A Glass (Obie Award), Adult Entertainment, Berlin To Broadway with Kurt
Weill, Three Tall Women, Camping With Henry & Tom, Fortune's Fools, In The
Wings, Visiting Mr. Green, Mere Mortals, The Boys in The Band, The Complete
Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged), As The World Goes Round with Kander
and Ebb, Godspell, Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill, Goblin Market (Drama
Desk Award)  REGIONAL: Old Globe Theatre, Seattle Repertory Theatre,
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park, Mark Taper Forum, La Jolla Playhouse,
Huntington Theatre Company, Kansas City Rep, Studio Arena Theatre, Alabama
Shakespeare Festival, Milwaukee Rep, Syracuse Stage, Pittsburgh Public
Theatre, Geva Theatre, Great Lakes Theater Festival, McCarter Theatre, Alley
Theatre of Houston, Playmaker's Repertory Company, Pioneer Theatre Company,
Coconut Grove Playhouse, Philadelphia Theatre Company, Repertory Theatre of
St. Louis, and Paper Mill Playhouse  NEW YORK: Lincoln Center, Playwrights
Horizons, Manhattan Theatre Club, Vineyard, Second Stage, Primary Stages,
among others.

JAMES C. SWONGER (Resident Sound Designer) CPH: Of Mice and Men, RFK, Rabbit
Hole, Dream a Little Dream, Custody of the Eyes, Well, A Streetcar Named
Desire, A Christmas Story, I Am My Own Wife, Room Service, Bad Dates,
Restoring the Sun, Rounding Third, The Real Thing, The Piano Lesson, John
Henry, Tuesdays with Morrie, Plaid Tidings, Crowns, Hurlyburly  REGIONAL:
Cleveland's Lyric Opera, Utah Festival Opera Company, Utah's Pioneer Theatre
Company, Baltimore's Center Stage, New Jersey's George Street Playhouse,
Yale Repertory Theater  OTHER CREDITS: designed the premiere productions of
The Tragic Demise of Whaleship Essex, Swinging on a Star: A Tribute to the
Music of Johnny Burke, Tangents, and The Count of Monte Cristo, adapted by
Charles Morey; designed sound system installations for restaurants,
theatres, and churches; former adjunct professor for the University of
Utah's Fine Arts program.

MELISSA L. F. TURNER (Stage Manager) REGIONAL: Goodspeed Musicals,
Shakespeare & Company, Boston Lyric Opera, Yale Repertory Theatre, Boston
Early Music Festival, The Denver Center for Performing Arts, Santa Fe Opera,
The Little Theater of the Rockies  EDUCATION: MFA, Yale School of Drama.
###
Founded in 1915, The Cleveland Play House is America's first permanently
established professional theatre. Over the past 89 years, more than 11
million people have attended The Cleveland Play House's 1,300 productions -
100 of which were American and/or World Premieres. At 300,000 square feet,
the Philip Johnson-designed Cleveland Play House complex houses five
performance spaces, making it the largest regional theatre complex in the
country.

------=_NextPart_000_00EF_01C73B23.9FD77460

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
6.5.7036.0">
<TITLE>Cuttin' Up at The Cleveland Play House</TITLE>

</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P>        =
        =
        =
        <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Contact:        Alison =
Bibb</FONT>

<BR>        =
        =
        =
        =
        <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">216-795-7000 ext. 236; =
abibb at clevelandplayhouse.com</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><B><FONT SIZE=3D4 FACE=3D"Arial">Cleveland Play House =
is<I> Cuttin’ Up</I> for start of second half of =
season</FONT></B><BR>
<B></B><B><I></I></B><B><I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Acclaimed play on =
African-American barbershops highlights importance of community history =
and storytelling across generations</FONT></I></B><I></I></P>
<BR>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">CLEVELAND (January 18, 2007) =
--</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Cuttin’ Up</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">, the stage adaptation of the book<U> Cuttin Up: Wit and =
Wisdom from Black Barber Shops</U> by bestselling author Craig Marberry, =
will run in the Bolton Theatre, February 2-25, 2007. The stage =
production of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Cuttin’ =
Up</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, written by director and =
writer,</FONT><B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Charles =
Randolph-Wright</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, is a =
co-production between The Cleveland Play House and the Pasadena =
Playhouse in California. </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">As local barbershops are communities =
unto themselves, the Play House is collaborating with Lake Erie Barber =
College and several other Cleveland barbers to illustrate a remarkably =
simple truth: "When you have history, you belong." </FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Israel Hicks</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, director</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Cuttin’ Up</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">, spent 17 seasons directing numerous world premieres at =
the Denver Center Theatre Company. His is also Artistic Director and =
Chairman of the Theatre Arts Program at Rutgers University’s Mason =
Gross School of the Arts.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">“</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Cuttin’ Up</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
contains conversations across generations of African-American men that =
are extraordinary--and relevant to all people and all cultures,” =
says</FONT><B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Michael Bloom, Play House =
Artistic Director</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">. =
“Theatergoers will walk out of this production with a deep =
understanding for the importance of community and sharing our stories =
and values with other generations.”</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">“I am so very proud the men in =
Craig Marberry’s book – these real men doing extraordinary =
things,” says the playwright, Charles Randolph-Wright. “They =
may seem ordinary in who they are or what they do but they are =
extraordinary in how they do it – with dignity, with charm, with =
humor, and with elegance.”</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Vernon Winfrey</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (father of Oprah Winfrey), a barber from =
Nashville, contributed his thoughts and experiences for the =
book</FONT><U> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Cuttin’ =
Up,</FONT></U> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">is portrayed in the stage =
adaptation. Vernon, and his wife, Barbara Winfrey, will be attending the =
play’s opening night at The Play House on Wednesday, February =
7.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Cleveland Play House cast =
of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Cuttin’ =
Up</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> includes experienced actors =
such as Iona Morris, daughter of Cleveland native actor Greg Morris who =
was best known for his groundbreaking role as Barney Collier on =
“Mission: Impossible” from 1966-1973. The entire cast has a =
wide range of experiences in theatre, film and television, and are all =
making their first appearances at The Play House.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">ABOUT</FONT></B><B><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">CUTTIN’ UP</FONT></I></B>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Andre started his career as a barber =
at eight years old, learning the trade from his older brothers and his =
father. By eighteen, he had enough of the "one horse town" he =
grew up in and hit the road in search of greener pastures. His travels =
have led him from city to city, and now he finds himself working for a =
barber named Howard in Cleveland.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Howard is a long-time barber and shop =
owner with a deep respect for the role of the barbershop in the =
African-American community. He sees his shop as a communal ground where =
men – and the occasional woman and child – come to =
socialize, talk about the issues of the day, and learn about their =
collective history. Andre fits into the shop but is hesitant to talk =
about his itinerant past. Over the course of the play, Andre’s =
secrets are revealed, he and Howard come to an understanding and =
arrangement for their futures, and the barbershop ultimately serves as a =
safe haven and home for Andre and the rest of the community.<BR>
</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">ABOUT THE CAST</FONT></B>

<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">HARVY BLANKS</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Kenny, Rev. Carson, Bernard) has performed =
Off-Broadway in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Tabletop</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">at the =
American Place Theatre. He has performed at the following regional =
theatres: The Blue Heron Theatre, Delaware Theatre Company, Denver =
Center Theatre Company, Pittsburgh Public Theatre, Goodman Theatre and =
The Kennedy Center. Mr. Blanks is the winner of the 2001 Drama Desk =
Award.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">BILL GRIMMETTE</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Rev. Jenkins, Uncle, Don King) has performed =
regionally at Arena Stage,</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Milwaukee Rep, =
Shakespeare Theatre of Washington, The Kennedy Center, Van Wezel Center =
and Virginia Shakespeare Festival. His television credits include roles =
on   “The Wire,” “Homicide: Life on the =
Street,” “In the Heat of the Night,” “A Man =
Called Hawk,” and “To Heal A Nation.” Mr. Grimmette =
has appeared in the films</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Cecil =
B. Demented</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> and</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Her Alibi.</FONT></I></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">DORIAN LOGAN</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Rudy) is a recent graduate of the MFA program =
at the University of California, Los Angeles. He has performed at The =
Powerhouse Theatre and in the film</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">The Hurricane Party.</FONT></I></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">IONA MORRIS</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> (Karen, Yvette, Sandra) has performed in Off-Broadway =
productions of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Native =
Speech</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">at</FONT><I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Hudson-Guild Theatre;</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Telltale Hearts</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
at 42<SUP>nd</SUP> Street Theatre; and</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">A Perfect Diamond.</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">She has performed regionally at Pasadena Playhouse, =
Denver Center Theatre and Sacramento Theatre Company. Her television =
credits include “The Shield,” “The District,” =
“LAX,” “Moesha,” “Star Trek: =
Voyager,” “As The World Turns” and “General =
Hospital.” On film, Ms. Morris has appeared in</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Once Upon A Time When We Were Colored, Ride Or =
Die, Patient 14</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">and</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> In The =
Bag.</FONT></I></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">MACEO OLIVER</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (John, Jermaine, Wheeler) has a great deal of =
regional theatre experience at</FONT><B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT></B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">La Mirada =
Theatre for the Performing Arts, Civic Light Opera of South Bay Cities, =
Cabrillo Music Theatre, Heritage Repertory Theatre, Fullerton Civic =
Light Opera, San Francisco Shakespeare Festival, Oregon Shakespeare =
Festival, California Shakespeare Festival, Mill Mountain Theatre, =
Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera and Sacramento Music Circus. He has =
appeared in “Angels of Lemnos” on PBS. His film credits =
include roles in  </FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Self-Inflicted</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">and</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Little =
Chicago.</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Mr. Oliver has =
received the San Francisco Dean Goodman Award and has been nominated for =
the LA Ovation Award. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Dramatic =
Arts and Dance from the University of California, Davis.  =
</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">DARRYL ALAN REED</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Andre) performed on the Off-Broadway and =
touring productions of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Dinah =
Was.</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> He has performed in =
regional theatre productions at Lillian Theatre, Geffen Theatre, Theatre =
Works, Fountain Theatre, Pasadena Playhouse, Center Stage, Chicago Opera =
Theatre, Goodman Theatre and Steppenwolf Theatre. His television credits =
include roles on “Just Jordan,” “Sleeper Cell,” =
“Day Break,” “The Shield,” “Desperate =
Housewives,” “CSI,” “The District,” =
“NYPD Blue,” “The Bernie Mac Show,” “An =
American Tragedy” and “Martin.” Mr. Reed has appeared =
in the films</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Cuttin’ Da =
Mustard, Sweet and Lowdown, The American President, One Man’s =
Justice, The Last Set, Under the Influence, Edge, Cold =
Justice</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">and</FONT><I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Love Your Mama.</FONT></I></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">JACQUES C. SMITH</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Howard Jr., Willy, Lou) performed on Broadway =
in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Rent</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">, and regional theatre productions at Goodman Theater, =
Pasadena Playhouse, South Coast Repertory, Paper Mill Playhouse, Coconut =
Grove Playhouse, Arizona Theater Company, San Diego Repertory, La Jolla =
Playhouse and Illinois Theater Center. His television credits include =
roles on “CSI: Miami,” “ER,” “The =
Division,” “PBS’ American Masters – Ralph =
Ellison: An American Journey,” “Oz” (two seasons) and =
“Law & Order.” Mr. Smith is the recipient of several =
prestigious awards including the Black Theatre Alliance Award, FRED =
Award (Pasadena Playhouse), and an NAACP Image Award nominee. He holds =
an MFA from the University of California, San Diego, and earned his =
Bachelor’s degree from Princeton University.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">ADOLPHUS WARD</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Howard) has performed at the Fountain Theatre, =
Joslyn Senior Center, Kansas City Repertory, Penumbra Theatre, Milwaukee =
Repertory Theatre, Alley Theatre and the Arizona Theatre Company. His =
television credits include appearances “Girlfriends,” =
“The Guardian,” “Brother Love” and =
“African American” (Narrator).Mr. Ward worked on film =
in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Magic Love, Just A Matter Of =
Time</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">and</FONT><I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Trial Of The Moke.</FONT></I></P>
<BR>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">DIRECTION AND DESIGN</FONT></B>

<BR><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">CHARLES =
RANDOLPH-WRIGHT</FONT></B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> (Playwright) has worked extensively in theatre, film and =
television. His play</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Blue</FONT></I><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">, starring Phylicia Rashad, broke box office records at =
Arena Stage, the Roundabout Theatre in New York, and in Los Angeles. =
He’s also</FONT> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">directed</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Guys and Dolls</FONT></I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">(</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">the =
50<SUP>th</SUP> anniversary tour starring Maurice Hines),</FONT><I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Me and Mrs. Jones</FONT></I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">(starring Lou Rawls), and</FONT><I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Love/Life</FONT></I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">(starring</FONT><I><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT></I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Brian Stokes Mitchell). Other =
credits include productions at the New York Shakespeare Festival, New =
York Theater Workshop, Lincoln Center, Manhattan Theatre Club, Carnegie =
Hall, Pasadena Playhouse, Mark Taper Forum, Williamstown Theater =
Festival, and ACT. His television credits include writing and =
producing</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Linc's</FONT></I><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> (Showtime) and directing</FONT><I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">South of =
Nowhere</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (The N). Mr. =
Randolph-Wright recently directed the award-winning feature =
film</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Preaching To The =
Choir</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> and currently is writing =
and directing the film version of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Mama, I Want To Sing.</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">A Duke University honors graduate, he serves on its =
artistic board and on the Board of Directors of the Roundabout Theatre. =
He is an Arena Stage Associate Artist and a founding member of the =
Wright Family Foundation of South Carolina.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">ISRAEL HICKS</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Director) In 17 seasons at the Denver Center =
Theatre Company, Mr. Hicks has directed the world premieres =
of</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> A Selfish Sacrifice, Pork =
Pie: A Mythic Jazz Fable, Waiting to Be Invited, Kingdom, Coming of the =
Hurricane,</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">and</FONT><I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Evil Little Thoughts</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">, as well as</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Gem =
of the Ocean, The Madwoman, A Streetcar Named Desire, King Hedley II, =
Jitney, Dream on Monkey Mountain, Blues for an Alabama Sky, Seven =
Guitars</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Two Trains Running, Romeo and Juliet, Fences, =
Joe Turner’s Come and Gone, The Piano Lesson, Ma Rainey’s =
Black Bottom,</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">and</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
Home.</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">  REGIONAL:  =
Guthrie Theater, ACT, Mark Taper Forum, Seattle Repertory Theatre, =
Actors Theatre of Louisville, Milwaukee Repertory Theatre  OTHER =
CREDITS: Artistic Director and Chairman of the Theatre Arts Program at =
Rutgers University’s Mason Gross School of the Arts.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">MICHAEL CARNAHAN</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Scenic Designer) BROADWAY: Kander & =
Ebb’s</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Curtains</FONT></I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">(Associate Scenic Designer)  =
OFF-BROADWAY: Clubbed Thumb, Irish Arts, Jean Cocteau Rep, Audax Theatre =
Group  REGIONAL: Utah Shakespearean Festival, Signature Theatre, =
ACT, McCarter Theatre, Williamstown Theatre Festival, New Jersey =
Performing Arts Center, Freedom Theatre.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">DAVID KAY MICKELSEN</FONT></B> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">(Costume Designer) CPH:</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Of Mice and Men, A Christmas Story, Room Service, The =
Dinner Party, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Frank Langella’s Cyrano, I =
Hate Hamlet, Company,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> world =
premiere productions of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Jerusalem</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
and</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Emancipation of Valet de =
Chambre</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">  REGIONAL: Guthrie =
Theatre, Geffen Playhouse, Denver Center Theatre Company, Cincinnati =
Playhouse in the Park, Arizona Theatre Company, Pioneer Theatre, Geva =
Theatre, Northlight Theatre, Tennessee Rep, San Diego Rep, New Mexico =
Rep, Repertory Theatre of St. Louis, Williamstown Theatre Festival, =
Sundance Theatre, The Children’s Theatre Company of Minneapolis, =
Ford’s Theatre, Portland Center Stage, A Contemporary Theatre, =
Ensemble Studio Theatre, Pennsylvania Center Stage, Jean Cocteau =
Repertory Theatre, Theatre of the Open Eye, Hampton Playhouse, =
Timberlake Playhouse, Laguna Playhouse, Pasadena Playhouse, Berkeley =
Repertory Theatre, as well as the Oregon, Colorado, Utah and Illinois =
Shakespeare festivals.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">PHIL MONAT</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> (Lighting Designer)</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">BROADWAY:</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Sly =
Fox</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Legends</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Finian’s =
Rainbow</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Sally Marr and Her Escorts</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Three =
>From Brooklyn</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">  =
OFF-BROADWAY:</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Woman Before A =
Glass</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Obie Award),</FONT><I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Adult Entertainment</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Berlin =
To Broadway with Kurt Weill, Three Tall Women, Camping With Henry & =
Tom, Fortune’s Fools, In The Wings,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Visiting Mr. =
Green</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Mere Mortals</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Boys in The =
Band</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">The Complete Works of William Shakespeare =
(Abridged)</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">As The World Goes Round with Kander and =
Ebb</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Godspell</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Lady Day at =
Emerson’s Bar and Grill</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Goblin =
Market</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Drama Desk Award)  =
REGIONAL: Old Globe Theatre, Seattle Repertory Theatre, Cincinnati =
Playhouse in the Park, Mark Taper Forum, La Jolla Playhouse, Huntington =
Theatre Company, Kansas City Rep, Studio Arena Theatre, Alabama =
Shakespeare Festival, Milwaukee Rep, Syracuse Stage, Pittsburgh Public =
Theatre, Geva Theatre, Great Lakes Theater Festival, McCarter Theatre, =
Alley Theatre of Houston, Playmaker’s Repertory Company, Pioneer =
Theatre Company, Coconut Grove Playhouse, Philadelphia Theatre Company, =
Repertory Theatre of St. Louis, and Paper Mill Playhouse  NEW YORK: =
Lincoln Center, Playwrights Horizons, Manhattan Theatre Club, Vineyard, =
Second Stage, Primary Stages, among others.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">JAMES C. SWONGER</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Resident Sound Designer) CPH:</FONT><I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Of Mice and Men, RFK, Rabbit Hole, Dream a =
Little Dream, Custody of the Eyes, Well, A Streetcar Named Desire, A =
Christmas Story, I Am My Own Wife, Room Service, Bad Dates, Restoring =
the Sun, Rounding Third, The Real Thing, The Piano Lesson, John =
Henry,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Tuesdays with Morrie</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Plaid =
Tidings</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Crowns,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Hurlyburly</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">  =
REGIONAL: Cleveland’s Lyric Opera, Utah Festival Opera Company, =
Utah’s Pioneer Theatre Company, Baltimore’s Center Stage, =
New Jersey’s George Street Playhouse, Yale Repertory Theater  =
OTHER CREDITS: designed the premiere productions of</FONT><I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> The Tragic Demise of Whaleship Essex, Swinging =
on a Star: A Tribute to the Music of Johnny Burke, =
Tangents,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> and</FONT><I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> The Count of Monte Cristo</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, adapted by Charles Morey; designed sound =
system installations for restaurants, theatres, and churches; former =
adjunct professor for the University of Utah’s Fine Arts =
program.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">MELISSA L. F. TURNER</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Stage Manager) REGIONAL: Goodspeed Musicals, =
Shakespeare & Company, Boston Lyric Opera, Yale Repertory Theatre, =
Boston Early Music Festival, The Denver Center for Performing Arts, =
Santa Fe Opera, The Little Theater of the Rockies  EDUCATION: MFA, =
Yale School of Drama.</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">###</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><I><FONT SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Arial">Founded in 1915, The =
Cleveland Play House is America’s first permanently established =
professional theatre. Over the past 89 years, more than 11 million =
people have attended The Cleveland Play House’s 1,300 productions =
– 100 of which were American and/or World Premieres. At 300,000 =
square feet, the Philip Johnson-designed Cleveland Play House complex =
houses five performance spaces, making it the largest regional theatre =
complex in the country.</FONT></I></P>

</BODY>
</HTML>

From: Alex P Michaels" <alexmichaels at prelude2cinema.com (Alex P Michaels)
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:36:29 -0500
Subject: [NEohioPAL]Still casting for TV Series Out of Darkness

------=_NextPart_000_0077_01C73B27.2FF6B850

Prelude2Cinema is seeking a black actress for the TV Series "Out of =
Darkness." It is a cop's wife. She should be in her late 30s or about =
40. Tough but compassionate. If you know anyone who can fit this part, =
please let me know ASAP at dark at prelude2cinema.com

INFO ON THE SHOW
Feb 23rd, we are doing a party at the Velvet Dog. it is free, but you =
must RSVP online at www.prelude2cinema.com
or
http://www.myspace.com/welcome2darkness

"Out of Darkness" airs on Channel 17 of Time Warner Cable in Cleveland.
Encore episodes will air Friday night/Saturday morning 12:30am=20
January 20, 2007
and a new episode January 27, 2007

CASTING NEWS
Since the show is a crime show, we are always in need of new cast
members. Some actors will be victims and others will come in and out
of the series. Contact A.S.A.P. us at dark at prelude2cinema.com if you
are interested. A few key roles are upcoming in the new episodes.

------=_NextPart_000_0077_01C73B27.2FF6B850

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Prelude2Cinema is seeking a black =
actress for the=20
TV Series "Out of Darkness." It is a cop's wife. She should be in her =
late 30s=20
or about 40. Tough but compassionate. If you know anyone who can fit =
this part,=20
please let me know ASAP at <A=20
href=3D"mailto:dark at prelude2cinema.com">dark at prelude2cinema.com</A></FONT=
></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>INFO ON THE SHOW<BR>Feb 23rd, we are =
doing a party=20
at the Velvet Dog. it is free, but you must RSVP online at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.prelude2cinema.com">www.prelude2cinema.com</A><BR>or<B=
R><A=20
href=3D"http://www.myspace.com/welcome2darkness">http://www.myspace.com/w=
elcome2darkness</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Out of Darkness" airs on Channel 17 of =
Time Warner=20
Cable in Cleveland.<BR>Encore episodes will air Friday night/Saturday =
morning=20
12:30am <BR>January 20, 2007<BR>and a new episode January 27, =
2007</FONT></DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>CASTING NEWS<BR>Since the show is a =
crime show, we=20
are always in need of new cast<BR>members. Some actors will be victims =
and=20
others will come in and out<BR>of the series. Contact A.S.A.P. us at <A=20
href=3D"mailto:dark at prelude2cinema.com">dark at prelude2cinema.com</A> if =
you<BR>are=20
interested. A few key roles are upcoming in the new=20
episodes.<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0077_01C73B27.2FF6B850--