[NEohioPAL]Food and Drink in the Auditorium

Tammy Warner warnert70 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 17 19:16:53 PST 2007

I have just come home from a middle school musical
production and was absolutely appalled at the amount
of food and drink that was consumed in the auditorium
throughout the performance.  I am just curious, is
this the trend in theatre today---eating and drinking
as if you are at the movies?
A young lady behind me actually said, "there should be
cup holders."  I turned around and said that there
shouldn't be an food or drinks and that it was an
auditorium and not a movie theatre!  Am I way off base
here???
I would be interested to know what is the "norm" in
theatres in the surrounding communities.
Thanks!
Tammy Palermo
Music Director
Riverside High School Drama Club