[NEohioPAL]College of Wooster to Present 'I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change'

Ansley Valentine avalentine at wooster.edu
Wed Feb 21 22:02:27 PST 2007

College of Wooster to Present 'I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change':
The Cast Features Students and Local Actors

For Immediate Release

February 15, 2007

Contact: John Finn
330-263-2145

Starring in "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" are Tina Benson,
Meredith Overcash, Michael Stratton, and Dick Benson.

WOOSTER, Ohio - The College of Wooster will present the adult musical
comedy "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" March 1-3 at The College
Underground (535 E. Wayne Ave.) beginning at 7:30 p.m. each evening.
Tickets, which go on sale Feb. 19, are $5 for the general public ($3 for
those with a College of Wooster I.D.) and include desserts and
beverages. A cash bar with beer and wine will also be available. Tickets
will be sold at the Lowry Center Information Desk (1189 Beall Ave.).

Written by Joe DiPietro with music by Jimmy Roberts, the production
consists of songs and sketches a la "Saturday Night Live" that examine
dating, marriage, and love. The show reveals a range of emotions
designed to make the audience laugh and cry in the same evening.

Directed by Ansley Valentine, assistant professor of theatre at Wooster,
with musical direction by Geoffrey Zimmerly, the show is produced by The
College Underground and Lowry Center. This Dessert Theatre presentation
features local theatre performers Dick and Tina Benson as well as
College of Wooster students Michael Stratton and Meredith Overcash. The
Bensons have appeared in numerous area productions, including the lead
roles in Stage Partner's "Annie Get Your Gun" in 2005. Stratton had a
role in the College's production of "Twelfth Night," and Overcash was
featured in "Once on This Island."

Originally produced in New York by James Hammerstein, Bernie Kukoff, and
Jonathan Pollard, "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" was first
directed by Joel Bishoff and produced by the American Stage Company
(James N. Vagias, executive producer).

For more information, please call 330-263-2028. To order tickets, phone
330-263-2566.