[NEohioPAL]The Clean House at The Play House

Alison Bibb abibb at clevelandplayhouse.com
Thu Feb 22 14:03:23 PST 2007

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01C756A3.6598F710

The Clean House at The Play House
2005 Pulitzer Prize-nominated comedy opens March 2 for previews=20

CLEVELAND (February 19, 2007) =96 The Clean House, a 2005 Pulitzer Prize
nominated finalist, is opening for previews in the Drury Theatre at The
Cleveland Play House on March 2, and runs through March 25, 2007.

The playwright, Sarah Ruhl, is a recipient of this year=92s MacArthur =
=93genius=94
grant, and is one of the most unique voices in American playwriting =
today.
The Cleveland Play House production of The Clean House is directed by =
Davis
McCallum.

The Clean House received its world premiere at Yale Rep in New Haven, =
Conn.
in 2004, and its New York premiere in 2006. In addition to being =
nominated
for a Pulitzer Prize, Sarah Ruhl, for her writing of The Clean House won =
the
2004 Susan Smith Blackburn Prize (an award presented to extraordinary =
female
playwrights).=20

There are a number of metaphors used in The Clean House, including the
title. Lane, a doctor, employs a live-in maid, as she seeks to have a =
clean
house, literally. However, all of the characters lead very messy lives =
which
need introspection, in order to cleanse themselves of the emotional =
problems
in their lives.

ABOUT THE CLEAN HOUSE
The Clean House is set somewhere in a =93metaphysical=94 representation =
of
Connecticut, where Brazilian immigrant Matilde is hired as a live-in =
maid
for Lane, a successful doctor who values order is every aspect of her =
life.
The problem is, Matilde hates to clean because it makes her depressed. =
She
would rather spend her time concocting jokes in her native Portuguese =
=96 in
the tradition of her recently deceased parents, the funniest couple in
Brazil.

As the characters are forced to pick up the pieces of their broken =
lives,
they all come to discover they share a common bond, all while Matilde
continues on her quest to create the perfect joke.

ABOUT THE CAST
URSULA CATAAN (Matilde) has performed Off-Broadway in Havana Bourgeois =
at
59E59 Theatres; IPO at The Brick; All For Love at Center Stage; and
Roadicide at The Living Room Festival at HERE. Her regional theatre =
credits
include originating the role of Marela in the Pulitzer Prize-winning =
Anna in
the Tropics at New Theatre; Walnut Street Theatre, Coconut Grove =
Playhouse,
New Jersey Rep, Mosaic Theatre, Wheeling Symphony and Colony Theatre. =
She
also appeared in the film Control Option Escape. Ms. Cataan earned a BFA
from Carnegie Mellon University and is a member of the Prospect Theatre
Company in New York City and New Jersey Rep.

JANIS DARDARIS (Ana) has performed in the Off-Broadway production of
Breaking Legs at Promenade Theatre and toured the nation with that show. =
Her
other Off-Broadway theatre credits include productions at Westbeth =
Theatre,
Directors Theatre, Playwrights Horizons, New York Classical Theatre and
Summer Play Festival on Theatre Row. Ms. Dardaris has performed at the
following regional theatres: Arizona Theatre Company, McCarter Theatre, =
Long
Wharf, Woolly Mammoth, Kennedy Center, Wilma Theater, Walnut Street =
Theater,
Philadelphia Theater Company, Philadelphia Drama Guild, People=92s Light =
&
Theater, Pittsburgh Public, Three Rivers Shakespeare and InterAct =
Theater.
She has been seen on television in =93Third Watch,=94 =93Law and =
Order,=94 =93The
Sopranos,=94 and =93As the World Turns.=94 Her film credits include =
roles in The
Sixth Sense, Party Monster, Trial by Jury, Bliss, Sounding and 1967. She =
is
a recipient of the Barrymore Award, City Paper Editor=92s Choice, =
Philadelphia
Critic=92s Choice and City Paper=92s Choice - =93Best of =
Philadelphia.=94

BETH DIXON (Virginia), a native of Oberlin, Ohio, has previously =
performed
at The Cleveland Play House in the production of Vincent in Brixton. She
performed on Broadway in Major Barbara and Wrong Mountain. Her =
Off-Broadway
credits include roles in Mary Stuart, Pearl; Endpapers, Variety Arts;
Therese Raquin, CSC; Booth is Back, A Distance from Calcutta, York; The =
Bee
Keeper=92s Daughter, Theatre Row; The Show Off, Playwrights Horizon; =
Before it
Hits Home, Public Theatre; Women on Stone, LaMama; and America Dreaming,
Vineyard. In addition to CPH, Ms. Dixon has performed in the following
regional theatres: Shakespeare Santa Cruz, Intiman in Seattle, Dallas
Theater Center, ACT San Francisco, Long Wharf and American Stage. She =
played
roles on television in =93Law and Order: Criminal Intent,=94 =93Law and =
Order,=94
=93Storm of the Century,=94 =93Home Improvement,=94 =93One Life to =
Live=94 and =93Queen.=94
Her motion picture credits include roles in The Ballad of the Sad =
Caf=E9, Dark
Tides, Hitch and Kinsey.

PATRICIA HODGES (Lane) returns to The Cleveland Play House after =
performing
here in Moon Over Buffalo. She has also performed at Cleveland=92s =
Playhouse
Square in Carousel. Ms. Hodges performed on Broadway in Dancing at =
Lughnasa,
Six Degrees of Separation and The Best Man. Her Off-Broadway credits =
include
roles in Rose's Dilemma, Manhattan Theatre Club; Communicating Doors,
Variety Arts; On The Verge, John Houseman Theatre; The Normal Heart, NY
Shakespeare Festival; and Surviving Grace, Union Square Theatre. =
Regionally,
she has acted in productions at Alliance Theatre, Court Theatre, =
Repertory
Theatre of St. Louis, Guthrie Theater, Center Stage, Seattle Repertory,
Dallas Theatre Center, Pioneer Theatre Company, A Contemporary Theatre =
and
Actors Theatre of Louisville. Ms. Hodges=92 television credits include =
roles
on =93Law & Order", "Another World", "One Life To Live" and "Cagney and
Lacey." She has also been seen in the film Heaven's Gate. She holds a =
BFA
from the University of Washington Professional Training Program.

TERRY LAYMAN (Charles) has performed on Broadway in Twelve Angry Men, =
Proof,
The Ride Down Mount Morgan and The Rehearsal, and at London West End,
Continental Divide (Daughters of the Revolution). His extensive =
Off-Broadway
credits include roles in Regrets Only, Manhattan Theatre Club; A Bad =
Friend,
Lincoln Center; A Murder of Crows, South Street Theatre; The Butter and =
Egg
Man, Manhattan Punch Line; and Room Service, Manhattan Punch Line. He =
has
been involved in productions at the following regional theatres: =
Berkeley
Rep, Actors Theater of Louisville, Buffalo Studio Arena, Cincinnati
Playhouse, Pioneer Theatre Company, George Street Playhouse, GeVa, La =
Jolla
Playhouse, McCarter Theatre, Asolo Theatre, Alliance Theatre, =
Philadelphia
Drama Guild, Pennsylvania Stage Company and Philadelphia Festival =
Theatre.
He was seen on film in The Patriot, and on television in =93Law and =
Order,=94
=93Law and Order: SVU,=94 =93One Life To Live,=94 =93All My Children,=94 =
and =93Ed.=94

DIRECTION AND DESIGN
SARAH RUHL (Playwright) has written The Clean House (Susan Smith =
Blackburn
award, 2004; finalist for Pulitzer Prize, 2005), Dead Man's Cell Phone,
Demeter in the City (nominated for an NAACP award), Melancholy Play,
Eurydice, Late: A Cowboy Song, Orlando, and Passion Play (Kennedy Center
Fourth Forum Freedom Award and Helen Hayes nomination). Recent projects
include The Clean House at Lincoln Center, directed by Bill Rauch, and
Eurydice at Yale Repertory Theatre, directed by Les Waters. Ms. Ruhl=92s =
plays
have been performed at Goodman Theater, Cornerstone Theater, Arena =
Stage,
South Coast Repertory Theater, The Wilma Theater, Woolly Mammoth, La =
Jolla
Playhouse, and Piven Theater Workshop in Chicago, among many other =
theatres
across the country.  Her plays have also been performed in England, =
Germany,
Israel, New Zealand, and Australia, and have been translated into =
Spanish,
Polish, and Korean. She received her MFA from Brown University and is
originally from Chicago. In 2003, she was the recipient of a Helen =
Merrill
Award and a Whiting Writers' Award, and in 2006 she was the recipient of =
MacArthur Fellowship. Her work is published in an anthology from TCG. =
She is
a member of New Dramatists and 13P.

MICHAEL FRIEDMAN (Composer) is composer/lyricist for The Civilians=92 (I =
Am)
Nobody=92s Lunch, Gone Missing, Save This City, and Canard, Canard, =
Goose? as
well as The Brand New Kid (Kennedy Center). His music has also been =
heard at
NYSF/Public, NYTW, Playwrights Horizons, Roundabout, Second Stage, Soho =
Rep,
Theater for a New Audience, Signature, and The Acting Company, and
regionally at The Huntington, La Jolla Playhouse, Hartford Stage, Humana
Festival, ART, Williamstown Theatre Festival, London=92s Soho and Gate
Theatres, and the Edinburgh Festival Film work includes On Common Ground =

and
Affair Game. He was the dramaturg for the recent Broadway revival of A
Raisin in the Sun, directed by Kenny Leon. He is an Artistic Associate =
at
New York Theatre Workshop, was a MacDowell fellow, and is a founding
Associate Artist of the Obie-Award-winning Civilians.

DAVIS McCALLUM (Director) NEW YORK: Quiara Hudes=92 Elliot: A =
Soldier=92s Fugue,
The Culture Project; The Turn of the Screw, Jane Eyre, The Acting =
Company;
Chuck Mee=92s A Perfect Wedding, NYU Grad Acting; Unbound: The Journals =
of
Fanny Kemble, The Belle=92s Stratagem, Prospect Theater Company; Noah =
Haidle=92s
The Dakota Project, HERE  REGIONAL: Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Georgia
Shakespeare Festival, American Shakespeare Center, Shakespeare Theater
Company, McCarter Theater  OTHER CREDITS: Sarah Ruhl=92s Eurydice, New =
York
Stage and Film; Melancholy Play, Princeton University.

ANDROMACHE CHALFANT (Scenic Designer) CLEVELAND: Highway Ulysses, Dobama
Theatre  OFF-BROADWAY: The Internationalist, The Vineyard Theater; =
School of
the Americas, The Last Days of Judas Iscariot, Guinea Pig Solo, =
LAByrinth
and The Public Theater; Orange, Lemon, Egg, Canary, PS 122; Apparition, =
The
Splinter Group; The Civilians' (I Am) Nobody's Lunch, 59E59 and UK Tour;
Triple Happiness, Second Stage Theater  REGIONAL: The Georgia =
Shakespeare
Festival, Arena Stage  OPERA: Trouble in Tahiti, L=92Elisir d=92Amore, =
The
Berkshire Opera Festival; The Abduction From the Seraglio, Opera Omaha
EDUCATION: MFA, NYU Tisch School of the Arts.

MURELL HORTON (Costume Designer) REGIONAL: Shakespeare Theater Company =
in
Washington, D.C., Denver Center Theatre, Philadelphia Theatre Company,
Berkshire Theatre Festival, Indiana Repertory Theatre, The Acting =
Company,
Madison Repertory Theatre, The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey, The
Juilliard School of Drama, The Pearl Theatre Company  OPERA: Lysistrata
(World Premiere), Houston Grande Opera and New York City Opera  AWARDS: =
2007
Irene Sharaffe Young Master=92s Award, three Helen Hayes Award =
Nominations for
Outstanding Costume Design.

MATTHEW RICHARDS (Lighting Designer) OFF-BROADWAY: A Small Melodramatic
Story, LAByrinth; Pen, Playwrights Horizons; Living Room in Africa, Edge
Theater Company; The Pavilion, God Hates the Irish, Where We=92re Born, =
Dark
Matters, Rattlestick; Eve-olution, Cherry Lane; Wau Wau Sisters, Ars =
Nova;
Islands, The New Victory Theater; Omnium Gatherum, Naked Angels; Active =
Eye;
Brooklyn Academy of Music; The Flea  REGIONAL: Williamstown, New York =
Stage
and Film, The Old Globe, The Geffen Playhouse, Baltimore Center Stage,
Huntington Theatre Company, Wolf Trap, Alliance Theatre, Barrington =
Stage
Company, Bay Street, Dallas Theater Center, The Hangar Theatre, Hartford
Theatre Works, Sequitur, Skylight Opera Theatre, Syracuse Stage, Triad
Stage, Yale Repertory Theatre  EDUCATION: Yale School of Drama.

JAMES C. SWONGER (Resident Sound Designer) CPH: Cuttin=92 Up, Of Mice =
and Men,
RFK, Rabbit Hole, Dream a Little Dream, Custody of the Eyes, Well, A
Streetcar Named Desire, A Christmas Story, I Am My Own Wife, Room =
Service,
Bad Dates, Restoring the Sun, Rounding Third, The Real Thing, The Piano
Lesson, John Henry, Tuesdays with Morrie, Plaid Tidings, Crowns, =
Hurlyburly
REGIONAL: Cleveland=92s Lyric Opera, Utah Festival Opera Company, =
Utah=92s
Pioneer Theatre Company, Baltimore=92s Center Stage, New Jersey=92s =
George
Street Playhouse, Yale Repertory Theater  OTHER CREDITS: designed the
premiere productions of The Tragic Demise of Whaleship Essex, Swinging =
on a
Star: A Tribute to the Music of Johnny Burke, Tangents, and The Count of
Monte Cristo, adapted by Charles Morey; designed sound system =
installations
for restaurants, theatres, and churches; former adjunct professor for =
the
University of Utah=92s Fine Arts program.

###

As the country=92s first permanently established professional theatre, =
founded
in 1915, The Cleveland Play House has produced plays for 91 years. More =
than
12 million people have attended over 1,300 productions at The Cleveland =
Play
House =96 more than 130 of which were American and/or World Premieres. =
At
300,000 square feet, the Philip Johnson-designed Cleveland Play House
complex houses five performance spaces, making it the largest regional
theatre complex in the United States.

The Ohio Arts Council helped to fund The Cleveland Play House with state =
tax
dollars to encourage economic growth, educational excellence and =
cultural
enrichment for all Ohioans.
FACT SHEET

What:  	THE CLEAN HOUSE
				2005 Pulitzer Prize finalist
				By Sarah Ruhl, recipient of the MacArthur
Fellowship =93genius grant=94
				Directed by Davis McCallum

Where:	Drury Theatre, The Cleveland Play House, 8500 Euclid Avenue,
Cleveland, Ohio

When:		Preview Performances:         Friday-Tuesday, March 2, 3, 4
& 6, 2007
		Opening Night:	            Wednesday, March 7, 2007
		Final Performance:		Sunday, March 25, 2007

Who:		Cast
		Matilde	Ursula Cataan
		Ana	Janis Dardaris
		Virginia	Beth Dixon
                        Lane	Patricia Hodges
                       Charles	Terry Layman

		Creative Team
		Playwright:				Sarah Ruhl
		Director:				Davis McCallum
		Composer:				Michael Friedman
		Scenic Design:			Andromache Chalfant
		Lighting Design: 			Matthew Richards
		Costume Design:			Murell Horton
		Sound Design:			James C. Swonger
		Tango Instructor:			Rebecca Sweet

Times:			=09
Tuesday-Saturday Evenings		8:00 pm
Saturday Matinee			4:00 pm
Sunday Matinee			2:00 pm
Weekday Matinee			1:30 pm, Thursday, March 15, 2007
Early Curtain				7:00 pm, Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Prices:				Single ticket prices start at $39.00

For Single Tickets: Call (216) 795-7000, ext. 4, or visit
www.clevelandplayhouse.com <http://www.clevelandplayhouse.com >=20

Groups of 10 of more SAVE!!! Call Lisa Craig, (216) 795-7000, ext. 235

------=_NextPart_000_0040_01C756A3.6598F710

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.5.7036.0">
<TITLE>The Clean House at The Play House</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><B><I><FONT SIZE=3D4 FACE=3D"Arial">The Clean =
House</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D4 FACE=3D"Arial"> at The Play =
House</FONT></B><BR>
<B></B><B><I></I></B><B><I><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">2005 Pulitzer =
Prize-nominated comedy opens March 2 for previews </FONT></I></B></P>
<BR>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">CLEVELAND (February 19, 2007) =
–</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Clean House,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> a 2005 Pulitzer Prize nominated finalist, is opening for =
previews in the Drury Theatre at The Cleveland Play House on March 2, =
and runs through March 25, 2007.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The playwright, Sarah Ruhl, is a =
recipient of this year’s MacArthur “genius” grant, and =
is one of the most unique voices in American playwriting today. The =
Cleveland Play House production of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">The Clean House</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
is directed by Davis McCallum.</FONT></P>

<P><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Clean House</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> received its world premiere at Yale Rep in New =
Haven, Conn. in 2004, and its New York premiere in 2006. In addition to =
being nominated for a Pulitzer Prize, Sarah Ruhl, for her writing =
of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Clean =
House</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> won the 2004 Susan Smith =
Blackburn Prize (an award presented to extraordinary female =
playwrights). </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">There are a number of metaphors used =
in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Clean =
House,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> including the title. =
Lane, a doctor, employs a live-in maid, as she seeks to have a clean =
house, literally. However, all of the characters lead very messy lives =
which need introspection, in order to cleanse themselves of the =
emotional problems in their lives.</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">ABOUT</FONT></B><B><I> <FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial">THE CLEAN HOUSE</FONT></I></B>

<BR><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Clean House</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> is set somewhere in a =
“metaphysical” representation of Connecticut, where =
Brazilian immigrant Matilde is hired as a live-in maid for Lane, a =
successful doctor who values order is every aspect of her life. The =
problem is, Matilde hates to clean because it makes her depressed. She =
would rather spend her time concocting jokes in her native Portuguese =
– in the tradition of her recently deceased parents, the funniest =
couple in Brazil.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">As the characters are forced to pick up =
the pieces of their broken lives, they all come to discover they share a =
common bond, all while Matilde continues on her quest to create the =
perfect joke.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">ABOUT THE CAST</FONT></B>

<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">URSULA CATAAN</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Matilde) has performed Off-Broadway =
in</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Havana =
Bourgeois</FONT></I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">at =
59E59 Theatres;</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">IPO</FONT></I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">at The Brick;</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">All For Love</FONT></I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">at</FONT><I><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT></I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Center Stage; and</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Roadicide</FONT></I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">at The Living Room Festival at HERE. Her =
regional theatre credits include originating the role of Marela in the =
Pulitzer Prize-winning</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Anna in the Tropics</FONT></I><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> at</FONT><I><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT></I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">New Theatre; Walnut Street Theatre, Coconut Grove =
Playhouse, New Jersey Rep, Mosaic Theatre, Wheeling Symphony and Colony =
Theatre. She also appeared in the film</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Control Option Escape.</FONT></I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Ms. Cataan earned a BFA from =
Carnegie Mellon University and is a member of the Prospect Theatre =
Company in New York City and New Jersey Rep.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">JANIS DARDARIS</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Ana) has performed in the Off-Broadway =
production of Breaking Legs at Promenade Theatre and toured the nation =
with that show. Her other Off-Broadway theatre credits include =
productions at</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT></I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Westbeth Theatre, Directors Theatre, Playwrights =
Horizons, New York Classical Theatre and Summer Play Festival on Theatre =
Row. Ms. Dardaris has performed at the following regional theatres: =
Arizona Theatre Company, McCarter Theatre, Long Wharf, Woolly Mammoth, =
Kennedy Center, Wilma Theater, Walnut Street Theater, Philadelphia =
Theater Company, Philadelphia Drama Guild, People’s Light & =
Theater, Pittsburgh Public, Three Rivers Shakespeare and InterAct =
Theater. She has been seen on television in “Third Watch,” =
“Law and Order,” “The Sopranos,” and “As =
the World Turns.” Her film credits include roles in</FONT><I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Sixth Sense, Party Monster, Trial by =
Jury, Bliss, Sounding</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">and</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
1967.</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> She is a recipient of the =
Barrymore Award, City Paper Editor’s Choice, Philadelphia =
Critic’s Choice and City Paper’s Choice - “Best of =
Philadelphia.”</FONT><I></I></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">BETH DIXON</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> (Virginia), a native of Oberlin, Ohio, has previously =
performed at The Cleveland Play House in the production of</FONT><I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Vincent in Brixton.</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> She performed on Broadway in</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Major Barbara</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> and</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Wrong =
Mountain</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">. Her Off-Broadway =
credits include roles in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Mary =
Stuart,</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Pearl;</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Endpapers,</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Variety Arts;</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Therese Raquin</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, =
CSC;</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Booth is Back, A Distance =
from Calcutta,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> York;</FONT><I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Bee Keeper’s =
Daughter,</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Theatre =
Row;</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Show Off,</FONT></I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Playwrights Horizon;</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Before it Hits Home,</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Public Theatre;</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Women on Stone,</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">LaMama; and</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">America Dreaming,</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Vineyard. In addition to CPH, Ms. Dixon has performed in =
the following regional theatres: Shakespeare Santa Cruz, Intiman in =
Seattle, Dallas Theater Center, ACT San Francisco, Long Wharf and =
American Stage. She played roles on television in “Law and Order: =
Criminal Intent,” “Law and Order,” “Storm of the =
Century,” “Home Improvement,” “One Life to =
Live” and “Queen.” Her motion picture credits include =
roles in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Ballad of the Sad =
Caf=E9, Dark Tides, Hitch</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">and</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
Kinsey.</FONT></I></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">PATRICIA HODGES</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Lane) returns to The Cleveland Play House =
after performing here in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Moon =
Over Buffalo</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">. She has also =
performed at Cleveland’s Playhouse Square in</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Carousel.</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> </FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Ms. Hodges performed on Broadway in</FONT><I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Dancing at Lughnasa, Six =
Degrees of Separation</FONT></I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">and</FONT><I><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> The Best Man.</FONT></I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Her Off-Broadway credits include roles =
in</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Rose's =
Dilemma,</FONT></I><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
Manhattan Theatre Club;</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Communicating Doors,</FONT></I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Variety Arts;</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">On The Verge,</FONT></I><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> John Houseman Theatre;</FONT><I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Normal =
Heart,</FONT></I><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> NY =
Shakespeare Festival; and</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Surviving Grace,</FONT></I><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Union Square Theatre. Regionally, she has acted =
in productions at Alliance Theatre, Court Theatre, Repertory Theatre of =
St. Louis, Guthrie Theater, Center Stage, Seattle Repertory, Dallas =
Theatre Center, Pioneer Theatre Company, A Contemporary Theatre and =
Actors Theatre of Louisville. Ms. Hodges’ television credits =
include roles on “Law & Order", "Another =
World", "One Life To Live" and "Cagney and =
Lacey." She has also been seen in the film</FONT><I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Heaven's Gate.</FONT></I> =
<FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">She holds a BFA from the =
University of Washington Professional Training Program.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">TERRY LAYMAN</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Charles) has performed on Broadway =
in</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Twelve =
Angry Men, Proof, The Ride Down Mount Morgan</FONT></I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">and</FONT><I><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> The Rehearsal</FONT></I><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, and at London</FONT> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">West End,</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Continental Divide (Daughters of the =
Revolution).</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">His extensive =
Off-Broadway credits include roles in</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Regrets Only,</FONT></I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Manhattan Theatre Club;</FONT><I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">A Bad Friend,</FONT></I><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Lincoln Center;</FONT><I> =
<FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">A Murder of =
Crows,</FONT></I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">South =
Street Theatre;</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">The Butter and Egg Man,</FONT></I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Manhattan Punch Line; =
and</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Room =
Service</FONT></I><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, =
Manhattan Punch Line. He has been involved in productions at the =
following regional theatres: Berkeley Rep, Actors Theater of Louisville, =
Buffalo Studio Arena, Cincinnati Playhouse, Pioneer Theatre Company, =
George Street Playhouse, GeVa, La Jolla Playhouse, McCarter Theatre, =
Asolo Theatre, Alliance Theatre, Philadelphia Drama Guild, Pennsylvania =
Stage Company and Philadelphia Festival Theatre. He was seen on film =
in</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The =
Patriot</FONT></I><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, and =
on television in</FONT> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">“</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Law and Order,” “Law and Order: SVU,” =
“One Life To Live,” “All My Children,” and =
“Ed.”</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">DIRECTION AND DESIGN</FONT></B>

<BR><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">SARAH =
RUHL</FONT></B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
(Playwright)</FONT> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">has =
written</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> The Clean =
House</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Susan Smith Blackburn =
award, 2004; finalist for Pulitzer Prize, 2005),</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> Dead Man's Cell Phone</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Demeter in the =
City</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (nominated for an NAACP =
award),</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Melancholy =
Play</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> Eurydice</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Late: A Cowboy =
Song</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> Orlando</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, =
and</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Passion Play</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Kennedy Center Fourth Forum Freedom Award and =
Helen Hayes nomination). Recent projects include</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> The Clean House</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
at Lincoln Center, directed by Bill Rauch, and</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> Eurydice</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> at =
Yale Repertory Theatre, directed by Les Waters. Ms. Ruhl’s plays =
have been performed at Goodman Theater, Cornerstone Theater, Arena =
Stage, South Coast Repertory Theater, The Wilma Theater, Woolly Mammoth, =
La Jolla Playhouse, and Piven Theater Workshop in Chicago, among many =
other theatres across the country.  Her plays have also been =
performed in England, Germany, Israel, New Zealand, and Australia, and =
have been translated into Spanish, Polish, and Korean. She received her =
MFA from Brown University and is originally from Chicago. In 2003, she =
was the recipient of a Helen Merrill Award and a Whiting Writers' Award, =
and in 2006 she was the recipient of a MacArthur Fellowship. Her work is =
published in an anthology from TCG. She is a member of New Dramatists =
and 13P.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">MICHAEL =
FRIEDMAN</FONT></B><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
(Composer)</FONT> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">is composer/lyricist for =
The Civilians’ (</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I Am) =
Nobody’s Lunch</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Gone Missing, Save This City,</FONT></I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">and</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> Canard, Canard, Goose?</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">as well as</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> The =
Brand New Kid</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Kennedy Center). =
His music has also been heard at NYSF/Public, NYTW, Playwrights =
Horizons, Roundabout, Second Stage, Soho Rep, Theater for a New =
Audience, Signature, and The Acting Company, and regionally at The =
Huntington, La Jolla Playhouse, Hartford Stage, Humana Festival, ART, =
Williamstown Theatre Festival, London’s Soho and Gate Theatres, =
and the Edinburgh Festival Film work includes</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">On Common Ground</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">and</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Affair =
Game</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">. He was the dramaturg for =
the recent Broadway revival of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">A =
Raisin in the Sun</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, directed by =
Kenny Leon. He is an Artistic Associate at New York Theatre Workshop, =
was a MacDowell fellow, and is a founding Associate Artist of the =
Obie-Award-winning Civilians.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">DAVIS McCALLUM</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Director) NEW YORK: Quiara =
Hudes’</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Elliot: A =
Soldier’s Fugue,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> The =
Culture Project;</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Turn of the =
Screw, Jane Eyre,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> The Acting =
Company; Chuck Mee’s</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">A =
Perfect Wedding,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> NYU Grad =
Acting;</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Unbound: The Journals of =
Fanny Kemble</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Belle’s Stratagem,</FONT></I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Prospect Theater Company; Noah =
Haidle’s</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Dakota =
Project,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> HERE  REGIONAL: =
Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Georgia Shakespeare Festival, American =
Shakespeare Center, Shakespeare Theater Company, McCarter Theater  =
OTHER CREDITS: Sarah Ruhl’s</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Eurydice,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> New =
York Stage and Film;</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Melancholy =
Play,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Princeton =
University.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">ANDROMACHE CHALFANT</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Scenic Designer) CLEVELAND:</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Highway Ulysses,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> Dobama Theatre  OFF-BROADWAY:</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Internationalist,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> The Vineyard Theater;</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">School of the Americas, The Last Days of Judas Iscariot, =
Guinea Pig Solo,</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">LAByrinth and =
The Public Theater;</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Orange, =
Lemon, Egg, Canary,</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">PS =
122;</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Apparition,</FONT></I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Splinter Group; The =
Civilians'</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">(I Am) Nobody's =
Lunch,</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">59E59 and UK =
Tour;</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Triple =
Happiness,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Second Stage =
Theater  REGIONAL: The Georgia Shakespeare Festival,</FONT><I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Arena =
Stage  OPERA:</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Trouble in =
Tahiti, L’Elisir d’Amore</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">, The Berkshire Opera Festival;</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">The Abduction From the Seraglio</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">, Opera Omaha  EDUCATION: MFA, NYU Tisch School of =
the Arts.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">MURELL HORTON</FONT></B> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">(Costume Designer) REGIONAL: Shakespeare Theater =
Company in Washington, D.C.</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Denver Center =
Theatre, Philadelphia Theatre Company</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Berkshire =
Theatre Festival, Indiana Repertory Theatre, The Acting =
Company</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT></I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Madison Repertory Theatre</FONT><I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The =
Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> The Juilliard =
School of Drama, The Pearl Theatre Company</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> </FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">OPERA:</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Lysistrata</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">(World Premiere), Houston Grande Opera and New York City =
Opera  AWARDS: 2007 Irene Sharaffe Young Master’s Award, =
three Helen Hayes Award Nominations for Outstanding Costume =
Design.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">MATTHEW RICHARDS</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Lighting Designer)</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT></I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">OFF-BROADWAY:</FONT><I><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> A Small Melodramatic Story,</FONT></I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">LAByrinth;</FONT><I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Pen,</FONT></I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Playwrights =
Horizons;</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Living Room in Africa,</FONT></I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Edge Theater Company;</FONT><I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Pavilion, God Hates the =
Irish, Where We’re Born, Dark Matters,</FONT></I><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Rattlestick;</FONT><I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Eve-olution,</FONT></I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Cherry Lane;</FONT><I> <FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Wau Wau Sisters,</FONT></I> =
<FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Ars Nova;</FONT><I> =
<FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Islands,</FONT></I><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> The New Victory =
Theater;</FONT><I> <FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Omnium Gatherum,</FONT></I><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Naked Angels; Active Eye; Brooklyn Academy of =
Music; The Flea  REGIONAL: Williamstown, New York Stage and Film, =
The Old Globe, The Geffen Playhouse, Baltimore Center Stage, Huntington =
Theatre Company, Wolf Trap, Alliance Theatre, Barrington Stage Company, =
Bay Street, Dallas Theater Center, The Hangar Theatre, Hartford Theatre =
Works, Sequitur, Skylight Opera Theatre, Syracuse Stage, Triad Stage, =
Yale Repertory Theatre  EDUCATION: Yale School of Drama.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">JAMES C. SWONGER</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Resident Sound Designer) CPH:</FONT><I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Cuttin’ Up, Of Mice and Men, RFK, Rabbit =
Hole, Dream a Little Dream, Custody of the Eyes, Well, A Streetcar Named =
Desire, A Christmas Story, I Am My Own Wife, Room Service, Bad Dates, =
Restoring the Sun, Rounding Third, The Real Thing, The Piano Lesson, =
John Henry,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Tuesdays with Morrie</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Plaid =
Tidings</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Crowns,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Hurlyburly</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">  =
REGIONAL: Cleveland’s Lyric Opera, Utah Festival Opera Company, =
Utah’s Pioneer Theatre Company, Baltimore’s Center Stage, =
New Jersey’s George Street Playhouse, Yale Repertory Theater  =
OTHER CREDITS: designed the premiere productions of</FONT><I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> The Tragic Demise of Whaleship Essex, Swinging =
on a Star: A Tribute to the Music of Johnny Burke, =
Tangents,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> and</FONT><I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> The Count of Monte Cristo</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, adapted by Charles Morey; designed sound =
system installations for restaurants, theatres, and churches; former =
adjunct professor for the University of Utah’s Fine Arts =
program.</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">###</FONT></P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><I><FONT SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Arial">As the =
country’s first permanently established professional theatre, =
founded in 1915, The Cleveland Play House has produced plays for 91 =
years. More than 12 million people have attended over 1,300 productions =
at The Cleveland Play House – more than 130 of which were American =
and/or World Premieres. At 300,000 square feet, the Philip =
Johnson-designed Cleveland Play House complex houses five performance =
spaces, making it the largest regional theatre complex in the United =
States.</FONT></I></P>

<P><I><FONT SIZE=3D1 FACE=3D"Arial">The Ohio Arts Council helped to fund =
The Cleveland Play House with state tax dollars to encourage economic =
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all =
Ohioans.</FONT></I></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><B><FONT SIZE=3D4 FACE=3D"Arial">FACT =
SHEET</FONT></B></P>
<BR>
<BR>

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">What:  </FONT></B><B><I> <FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial">THE CLEAN HOUSE</FONT></I></B><I></I>
<UL><UL><UL><UL>
<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">2005 Pulitzer Prize finalist<BR>
By Sarah Ruhl, recipient of the MacArthur Fellowship “genius =
grant”</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Directed by Davis McCallum</FONT>
</P>
</UL></UL></UL></UL>
<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Where: </FONT></B> <FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial">Drury Theatre, The Cleveland Play House, 8500 Euclid =
Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">When:   =
       </FONT></B> <FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial">Preview =
Performances:         =
Friday-Tuesday, March 2, 3, 4 & 6, 2007</FONT>
<UL><UL>
<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Opening Night:  =
            =
Wednesday, March 7, 2007</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Final =
Performance:      =
        Sunday, March 25, 2007</FONT>
</P>
</UL></UL>
<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Who:   </FONT></B> =
       <U></U><U><B> <FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial">Cast</FONT></B></U>
<UL><UL>
<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Matilde Ursula Cataan</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Ana     Janis =
Dardaris</FONT>

<BR><FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial">Virginia        Beth =
Dixon</FONT>
</UL></UL>
<P><FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial">         &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
;  Lane    Patricia Hodges</FONT>

<BR><FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial">         &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
; Charles  Terry Layman</FONT>
</P>
<UL><UL>
<P><U><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Creative Team</FONT></B></U>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Playwright:     =
        =
        =
        Sarah Ruhl</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Director:       =
        =
        =
        Davis McCallum</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Composer:       =
        =
        =
        Michael Friedman</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Scenic Design:  =
        =
        Andromache Chalfant</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Lighting Design: =
       =
        =
        Matthew Richards</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Costume Design: =
        =
        Murell Horton</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Sound Design:   =
        =
        James C. Swonger</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Tango =
Instructor:       =
        =
        Rebecca Sweet</FONT>
</P>
</UL></UL>
<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Times:  =
        =
        =
       <BR>
</FONT></B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Tuesday-Saturday =
Evenings       =
        8:00 pm</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Saturday =
Matinee        =
        =
        4:00 pm</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Sunday Matinee  =
        =
        2:00 pm</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Weekday Matinee =
        =
        1:30 pm, Thursday, March 15, =
2007</FONT>

<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Early Curtain   =
        =
        =
        7:00 pm, Tuesday, March 20, =
2007</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Prices: =
       </FONT></B> =
        =
        <FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Single =
ticket prices start at $39.00</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">For Single Tickets:</FONT></B> <FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial">Call (216) 795-7000, ext. 4, or </FONT><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Arial">visit</FONT><U></U><U><B> </B></U><A =
HREF=3D"http://www.clevelandplayhouse.com "><U><B><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" =
FACE=3D"Arial">www.clevelandplayhouse.com</FONT></B></U><U><B></B></U></A=
</P>

<P><B><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Groups of 10 of more SAVE!!!</FONT></B> <FONT =
FACE=3D"Arial">Call Lisa Craig, (216) 795-7000, ext. 235</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>