[NEohioPAL]The Cleveland Play House and Case make Big Love this March

Alison Bibb abibb at clevelandplayhouse.com
Thu Feb 22 14:01:21 PST 2007

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C756A3.1D039320

The Cleveland Play House and Case make Big Love this March

CLEVELAND (February 22, 2007) -- The Case Western Reserve University
(Case)/Cleveland Play House 2008 Graduate Ensemble will present Charles =
L.
Mee=92s critically acclaimed Big Love in the Studio One Theatre, March =
14-24,
2007.

Big Love is a modern retelling of the ancient Greek tragedy, The =
Suppliant
Women by Aeschylus, in which 50 brides plan to kill their 50 grooms to =
avoid
being forced into marriage. The updated classic pushes the envelope by
incorporating humor, pop culture and music into the story. =20

=93In Big Love, the ultimate resolution depends on the fundamentally =
comedic
faith in the curative powers of love,=94 says Mark Alan Gordon, director =
of
Big Love and Associate Director of the Case/Cleveland Play House
Professional Actor Training Program. =93Charles Mee=92s Big Love is a =
wildly
entertaining theatrical romp that is perfect for anyone afraid of live
theatre.=94

ABOUT BIG LOVE
Fifty sisters run to escape their fate of an arranged marriage to 50 =
grooms.
When the grooms follow the brides to their refuge in Italy, havoc =
ensues.
Forced to marry the men (who happen to all be cousins of the sisters)
because of a contract made by their father, the brides make a pact to =
kill
the grooms on their wedding night. The end result is one couple=92s =
story of
true love.

ABOUT THE ENSEMBLE
CATHERINE ALBERS (Bella, Eleanor) is a professional actor and a teacher =
in
the Department of Theater and Dance at Case Western Reserve University. =
She
also teaches in the MFA Professional Actor Training Program and is =
delighted
to be appearing onstage with her students. She is a voice over artist =
and
runs her own acting studio in Cleveland. She is a member of Actors' =
Equity
Association and AFTRA and has performed on many local stages as well as
professional theaters throughout the country. Ms. Albers has performed =
in
roles as diverse as Dr. Vivian Bearing in the Dobama Theatre production =
of
Wit and Clariee in Steel Magnolias at Porthouse Theatre. =20

TOM DEGNAN (Nikos) is a native of Moorestown, New Jersey and a holds a
Bachelor=92s degree in finance from the University of Notre Dame. After =
four
years of taking acting classes and performing in theatrical productions =
on
the side, he decided to pursue a career in acting. Some of his past =
roles
include Hector Hushabye in Heartbreak House. Mr. Marshall in The Little
Foxes, Cleante in Tartuffe, 20/20 Mike in Riff Raff, Danny in Sexual
Perversity in Chicago and George in Stop Kiss.=20

AMANDA DUFFY (Olympia) received her BFA from Central Missouri State
University. Following graduation, she relocated to New York City for an
internship with The Juilliard School. She trained with John Basil of the
American Globe Theatre and has since performed with The Shakespeare =
Theatre
of New Jersey in The Grouch, The Tempest and Pygmalion. Amanda also =
toured
with Shakespeare LIVE, an educational touring company, as Titania in A
Midsummer Night's Dream, Lady Capulet in Romeo & Juliet, Olivia in =
Twelfth
Night and Gertrude in Hamlet. She portrayed Nurse Guiness in Heartbreak
House, Regina in The Little Foxes and was seen this past summer in =
Cleveland
Shakespeare=92s production of King Lear.

NATHAN GURR (Constantine) was last seen as Boss Magnan in Heartbreak =
House.
Other productions include Cymbeline (Lachimo), Othello (Casio), American
Revolution (Andre), Oscar in The Little Foxes and Great Lakes Theater
Festival=92s (GLTF) The Taming of the Shrew. Nathan was also with the =
GLTF=92s
Actor/Teacher Outreach Program two years before entering the program. =
Mr.
Gurr received his BA in Theater and Philosophy at Whittier College in =
Los
Angeles.

DAN HAMMOND (Piero, Leo) hails from Spokane, Washington and played =
Randall
Utterword in the MFA ensemble=92s fall production of Heartbreak House. =
He
previously played the role of Ben in The Little Foxes. He comes to =
Cleveland
after spending the last six years in Chicago, Illinois where he appeared =
in
productions of The Crucible, Romeo & Juliet, The House of Blue Leaves, A
View from the Bridge, Two Rooms and Chicago, among others. His directing
credits include The Real Thing and Twelfth Night. He also appeared on =
film
as a S.W.A.T. Team Member in Batman Begins. Mr. Hammond holds a BA in
Theatre from Loyola University Chicago.

DERIC McNISH (Giuliano) last performed as Mazzini Dun in Heartbreak =
House.
Last spring, he played as Leo Hubbard in The Little Foxes. Mr. McNish =
moved
to Cleveland from NYC where he appeared on various motley stages =
including
Ludlow Ten and La Mama. Regionally, he has performed at The Shakespeare
Theatre of New Jersey and The Cider Mill Playhouse. He has toured =
nationally
with The Bourgeois Gentleman. As an improv artist he performed at the NY
Renaissance Faire and NYC=92s Jekyll & Hyde Club. His television credits
include 3 episodes as Tristan on NBC's =93Third Watch.=94 Deric =
graduated Cum
Laude from Binghamton University where he performed over a dozen roles =
and
directed two productions. Deric is a member of AEA, AFTRA, and SAG.

ANNIE PAUL (Lydia) was last seen this past fall as Ellie Dunn in =
Heartbreak
House. Ms. Paul played the role of Alexandra last spring in The Little
Foxes. Since completing her BA at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh =
she
has performed with a variety of companies in Wisconsin, including =
American
Players Theatre (Cymbeline; The Playboy of the Western World; London
Assurance), Theatre X (What Matters; Hallelujah Erotique) and =
Renaissance
Theaterworks. Annie had the pleasure of working with playwright Richard
Kalinoski on such projects as Beast on the Moon (which recently received =
an
Off-Broadway production) and The Thousand Pound Marriage. She trained =
with
The Moscow Art Theatre and The International Order of the Pen and Sword. =

TAYLOR VALENTINE (Oed) most recently played the role of Captain Shotover =
in
Heartbreak House. Mr. Valentine has worked with esteemed Bay Area =
theatres
such as American Conservatory Theatre, Berkeley Rep, San Jose Rep, New
Conservatory Theatre and Shotgun Players. In addition, he has worked =
coast
to coast, from children's theatre to summer stock, and is proud to be a
founding member of the Daedalus Mythmakers with stints as Dionysus (The
Bacchae) and Bottom (A Midsummer Night's Dream). Taylor received his BA =
in
Theatre from Catawba College in North Carolina and completed the =
Journeyman
Program at The Warehouse Theatre in South Carolina. He portrayed Horace =
in
last spring=92s MFA production of The Little Foxes.

MELYNEE SAUNDERS WARREN (Thyona) spent a year as a resident company =
member
of Hedgerow Theater in Rose Valley, PA, where she performed roles =
including
Gwendolen in The Importance of Being Earnest, Titania in A Midsummer =
Night=92s
Dream and Christmas Past in A Christmas Carol. She also performed for =
five
years in the greater New York City area, where favorite roles included =
Artie
in Eleemosynary at the Hackensack Cultural Arts Center, Catherine in The
Memory of Water at the Elmwood Playhouse, and Ensemble work in both the =
new
musical Dissolving Elsa at The Lark Theater and NY Performance Works, =
and
concert performances of Eleven: Songs for a New Time at the West End =
Theater
in New York and the Jazz Bakery in Los Angeles. She graduated with a BA =
in
Theatre from Cornell University. She played Birdie in the MFA production =
of
The Little Foxes last spring and Lady Utterword in the fall production =
of
Heartbreak House.

ABOUT THE CREATIVE TEAM
Mark Alan Gordon (Associate Director of MFA Actor Training Program) has =
been
involved with over 200 productions regionally as an actor or director =
with
such theatres as La Jolla Playhouse, Long Wharf Theatre, Syracuse Stage, =
The
Kitchen Theatre, the RoundHouse Theatre, and Arlington=92s Signature =
Theatre.
He has served as director for The Cleveland Play House/Case Western =
Reserve
University MFA program=92s productions of Twelfth Night and A Midsummer
Night=92s Dream and had the honor of directing A Bright Room Called Day =
for
the Undergraduate Department at CASE. Mr. Gordon served as Artistic =
Director
for Champlain Shakespeare Festival, an ambitious program that worked =
through
the Bard=92s entire canon. He has worked on several original plays, =
including
Romulus Linney=92s Ambrosio and True Crimes, and has appeared in Heather
McDonald=92s When Grace Comes In and Available Light; Chuck Mee=92s =
Wintertime
and Big Love; Merchant of Venice, with Hal Holbrook (D.C.=92s =
Shakespeare
Theatre); Angels in America (Parts I & II); The Dybbuk; and Who=92s =
Afraid of
Virginia Woolf. TV: =93Law & Order,=94 =93Law & Order: Special Victims =
Unit,=94 and
MTV=92s =93Made: Actress.=94  Mr. Gordon is a founding member of the =
Signature
Theatre Company in New York, where he assisted Michael Kahn in the =
direction
of the Obie Award-winning Sleep Deprivation Chamber by Adrienne Kennedy. =
 He
has mentored and directed for the Caymichael Patten Studios, =
NYU/Playwrights
Horizon Theatre School, University of Vermont, and the Hangar Theatre =
Lab,
among others.=20

Choreographer: Ron Wilson; Stage Manager: Jon Boomershine; Set Design: =
Jill
Davis; Lighting: Kristen Egan; Sound: Mike Pope; Costume: Kristen L. =
Davies;
Production Manager: Joe Martin; Assistant Production Manager: Penny
Goersmeyer; Assistant Technical Director: Curtis Young

# # #

As the country=92s first permanently established professional theatre, =
founded
in 1915, The Cleveland Play House has produced plays for 91 years. More =
than
12 million people have attended over 1,300 productions at The Cleveland =
Play
House =96 more than 130 of which were American and/or World Premieres. =
At
300,000 square feet, the Philip Johnson-designed Cleveland Play House
complex houses five performance spaces, making it the largest regional
theatre complex in the United States.

The Ohio Arts Council helped to fund The Cleveland Play House with state =
tax
dollars to encourage economic growth, educational excellence and =
cultural
enrichment.

Fact sheet

What:  	Big Love
				Written by Charles L. Mee
				Presented by Case/Cleveland Play House 2008
Graduate Ensemble=20

Where:	Studio One Theatre, The Cleveland Play House, 8500 Euclid Avenue,
Cleveland, Ohio

When:		Opening Night:	            	Wednesday, March 14, 2007
		Final Performance:		Saturday, March 24, 2007

Who:		Cast
		Giuliano	Deric McNish
		Lydia	Annie Paul
		Olympia	Amanda Duffy
                        Thyona	Melynee Saunders Warren
                        Bella/Eleanor	Catherine Albers
                        Piero/Leo	Dan Hammond
                        Constantine	Nathan Gurr
                        Nikos	Tom Degnan=20
                        Oed	Taylor Valentine                       =20
                       =20
		Creative Team
		Playwright:				Charles L. Mee
		Director:				Mark Alan Gordon
				Movement and Choreography:		Ron
Wilson
				Stage Manager:				Jon
Boomershine
				Set Design:				Jill
Davis
		Costume Design:			Kristine Davies
		Sound Design:				Mike Pope
		Lighting Design: 			Kristen Egan

Times:
Wednesday-Saturday Evenings		7:30 pm
Saturday Matinee			4:00 pm
Sunday Matinee				2:00 pm

Prices: General admission tickets start at $12.00, with discounts for
students ages 25 and under, as well as Case faculty and staff.

For Single Tickets: Call (216) 795-7000, ext. 4, or visit
www.clevelandplayhouse.com <http://www.clevelandplayhouse.com >=20

Groups of 10 of more SAVE!!! Call Lisa Craig, (216) 795-7000, ext. 235

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C756A3.1D039320

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
6.5.7036.0">
<TITLE>The Cleveland Play House and Case make Big Love this =
March</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
<BR>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Cleveland Play =
House and Case make<I> Big Love</I> this March</FONT></B><BR>
<B></B></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">CLEVELAND (February 22, 2007) =
--</FONT></B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Case Western Reserve =
University (Case)/Cleveland Play House 2008 Graduate Ensemble will =
present Charles L. Mee’s critically acclaimed</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Big Love</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> in the Studio One Theatre, March 14-24, 2007.</FONT></P>

<P><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Big Love</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">is a modern retelling of the ancient Greek =
tragedy,</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Suppliant =
Women</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">by Aeschylus, in which 50 =
brides plan to kill their 50 grooms to avoid being forced into marriage. =
The updated classic pushes the envelope by incorporating humor, pop =
culture and music into the story.  </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">“In</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Big Love</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, the =
ultimate resolution depends on the fundamentally comedic faith in the =
curative powers of love,” says Mark Alan Gordon, director =
of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Big Love</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> and Associate Director of the Case/Cleveland =
Play House Professional Actor Training Program. “Charles =
Mee’s</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Big =
Love</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> is a wildly entertaining =
theatrical romp that is perfect for anyone afraid of live =
theatre.”</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">ABOUT</FONT></B><B><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">BIG LOVE</FONT></I></B>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Fifty sisters run to escape their fate =
of an arranged marriage to 50 grooms. When the grooms follow the brides =
to their refuge in Italy, havoc ensues. Forced to marry the men (who =
happen to all be cousins of the sisters) because of a contract made by =
their father, the brides make a pact to kill the grooms on their wedding =
night. The end result is one couple’s story of true =
love.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">ABOUT THE ENSEMBLE</FONT></B>

<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">CATHERINE ALBERS</FONT></B> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">(Bella, Eleanor) is a professional actor and a =
teacher in the Department of Theater and Dance at Case Western Reserve =
University. She also teaches in the MFA Professional Actor Training =
Program and is delighted to be appearing onstage with her =
students.</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana"></FONT> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">She is a voice over artist and runs her own acting studio =
in Cleveland.</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Verdana"></FONT> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">She is a member of Actors' Equity Association =
and AFTRA and has performed on many local stages as well as professional =
theaters throughout the country. Ms. Albers has performed in roles as =
diverse as Dr. Vivian Bearing in the Dobama Theatre production =
of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Wit</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> and Clariee in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Steel Magnolias</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
at Porthouse Theatre.=A0 </FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">TOM DEGNAN</FONT></B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">(Nikos) is a native of Moorestown, New Jersey and a holds =
a Bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Notre Dame. =
After four years of taking acting classes and performing in theatrical =
productions on the side, he decided to pursue a career in acting. Some =
of his past roles include Hector Hushabye in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Heartbreak House</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">. Mr. Marshall in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">The Little Foxes</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">, Cleante in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Tartuffe</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, 20/20 =
Mike in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Riff =
Raff</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, Danny in</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Sexual Perversity in Chicago</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> and George in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Stop Kiss</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">. =
</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">AMANDA DUFFY</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Olympia)</FONT><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT></B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">received her =
BFA from Central Missouri State University. Following graduation, she =
relocated to New York City for an internship with The Juilliard School. =
She trained with John Basil of the American Globe Theatre and has since =
performed with The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey in</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Grouch</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The =
Tempest</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> and</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Pygmalion</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">. Amanda also toured with Shakespeare LIVE, an =
educational touring company, as Titania in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">A Midsummer Night's Dream</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">, Lady Capulet in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Romeo & Juliet</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">, Olivia in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Twelfth Night</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
and Gertrude in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Hamlet</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">. She =
portrayed Nurse Guiness in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Heartbreak House,</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> Regina in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The =
Little Foxes</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">and was seen this =
past summer in Cleveland Shakespeare’s production of</FONT><I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">King Lear</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">NATHAN GURR</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> (Constantine) was last seen as Boss Magnan in</FONT><I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Heartbreak House.</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> Other productions include</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Cymbeline</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
(Lachimo),</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Othello</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
(Casio),</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">American =
Revolution</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">(Andre), Oscar =
in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Little =
Foxes</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> and Great Lakes Theater =
Festival’s (GLTF)</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The =
Taming of the Shrew</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">. Nathan was =
also with the GLTF’s Actor/Teacher Outreach Program two years =
before entering the program. Mr. Gurr received his BA in Theater and =
Philosophy at Whittier College in Los Angeles.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">DAN HAMMOND</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> (Piero, Leo) hails from Spokane, Washington and played =
Randall Utterword in the MFA ensemble’s fall production =
of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Heartbreak =
House</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">. He previously played the =
role of Ben in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Little =
Foxes</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">. He comes to Cleveland =
after spending the last six years in Chicago, Illinois where he appeared =
in productions of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The =
Crucible</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Romeo & Juliet</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The House of =
Blue Leaves</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">A View from the Bridge</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">,</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Two =
Rooms</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> and</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Chicago</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">, among others. His directing credits include</FONT><I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Real Thing</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> and</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Twelfth =
Night</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">. He also appeared on film =
as a S.W.A.T. Team Member in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Batman Begins</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">. =
Mr. Hammond holds a BA in Theatre from Loyola University =
Chicago.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">DERIC McNISH</FONT></B> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">(Giuliano) last performed as Mazzini Dun =
in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Heartbreak =
House.</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Last spring, he played =
as</FONT><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT></B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Leo Hubbard in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">The Little Foxes.</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Mr. McNish</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"></FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">moved to =
Cleveland from NYC where he appeared on various motley stages including =
Ludlow Ten and La Mama. Regionally, he has performed at The Shakespeare =
Theatre of New Jersey and The Cider Mill Playhouse. He has toured =
nationally with</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Bourgeois =
Gentleman</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">. As an improv artist =
he performed at the NY Renaissance Faire and NYC’s Jekyll & =
Hyde Club. His television credits include 3 episodes as Tristan on NBC's =
“Third Watch.” Deric graduated Cum Laude from Binghamton =
University where he performed over a dozen roles and directed two =
productions. Deric is a member of AEA, AFTRA, and SAG.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">ANNIE PAUL</FONT></B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">(Lydia) was last seen this past fall as Ellie Dunn =
in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Heartbreak =
House</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">. Ms. Paul played the role =
of Alexandra last spring in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The =
Little Foxes.</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Since completing =
her BA at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh she has performed with a =
variety of companies in Wisconsin, including American Players Theatre =
(</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Cymbeline</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">;</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The =
Playboy of the Western World</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">;</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">London =
Assurance</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">), Theatre X =
(</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">What Matters</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">;</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Hallelujah Erotique</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">) and Renaissance Theaterworks. Annie had the pleasure of =
working with playwright Richard Kalinoski on such projects as</FONT><I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Beast on the Moon</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> (which recently received an Off-Broadway production) =
and</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Thousand Pound =
Marriage</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">. She trained with The =
Moscow Art Theatre and The International Order of the Pen and Sword. =
</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">TAYLOR VALENTINE</FONT></B> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">(Oed) most recently played the role of Captain =
Shotover in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Heartbreak =
House.</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Mr. Valentine has worked =
with esteemed Bay Area theatres such as American Conservatory Theatre, =
Berkeley Rep, San Jose Rep, New Conservatory Theatre and Shotgun =
Players. In addition, he has worked coast to coast, from children's =
theatre to summer stock, and is proud to be a founding member of the =
Daedalus Mythmakers with stints as Dionysus (</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">The Bacchae</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">) and =
Bottom (</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">A Midsummer Night's =
Dream</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">). Taylor received his BA =
in Theatre from Catawba College in North Carolina and completed the =
Journeyman Program at The Warehouse Theatre in South Carolina. He =
portrayed Horace in last spring’s MFA production of</FONT><I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Little Foxes.</FONT></I></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">MELYNEE SAUNDERS =
WARREN</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> (Thyona) spent a year as =
a resident company member of Hedgerow Theater in Rose Valley, PA, where =
she performed roles including Gwendolen in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">The Importance of Being Earnest</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">, Titania in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">A =
Midsummer Night’s Dream</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">and Christmas Past in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">A Christmas Carol</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">. She also performed for five years in the greater New =
York City area, where favorite roles included Artie in</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Eleemosynary</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">at the Hackensack Cultural Arts Center, Catherine =
in</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Memory of =
Water</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> at the Elmwood Playhouse, =
and Ensemble work in both the new musical</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Dissolving Elsa</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
at The Lark Theater and NY Performance Works, and concert performances =
of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Eleven: Songs for a New =
Time</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">at the West End Theater in =
New York and the Jazz Bakery in Los Angeles. She graduated with a BA in =
Theatre from Cornell University. She played Birdie in the MFA production =
of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Little Foxes</FONT></I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">last spring and Lady Utterword in the fall =
production of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Heartbreak =
House.</FONT></I></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">ABOUT THE CREATIVE TEAM</FONT></B>

<BR><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Mark Alan Gordon</FONT><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Times New Roman"></FONT></B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">(Associate Director of MFA Actor Training Program) has =
been involved with over 200 productions regionally as an actor or =
director with such theatres as La Jolla Playhouse, Long Wharf Theatre, =
Syracuse Stage, The Kitchen Theatre, the RoundHouse Theatre, and =
Arlington’s Signature Theatre. He has served as director for The =
Cleveland Play House/Case Western Reserve University MFA program’s =
productions of</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Twelfth =
Night</FONT></I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">and</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">A Midsummer Night’s Dream</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> and had the honor of directing</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">A Bright Room Called Day</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> for the Undergraduate Department at CASE. Mr. =
Gordon served as Artistic Director for Champlain Shakespeare Festival, =
an ambitious program that worked through the Bard’s entire canon. =
He has worked on several original plays, including Romulus =
Linney’s</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Ambrosio</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
and</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">True Crimes</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">, and has appeared in Heather =
McDonald’s</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">When Grace =
Comes In</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> and</FONT><I> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Available Light</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">; Chuck Mee’s</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Wintertime</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
and</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Big Love</FONT></I><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">;</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Merchant of Venice</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">, with Hal Holbrook (D.C.’s Shakespeare =
Theatre);</FONT><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Angels in America =
(Parts I & II); The Dybbuk</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">; =
and</FONT><I> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Who’s Afraid of =
Virginia Woolf</FONT></I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">. TV: “Law =
& Order,” “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” =
and MTV’s “Made: Actress.”  Mr. Gordon is a =
founding member of the Signature Theatre Company in New York, where he =
assisted Michael Kahn in the direction of the Obie Award-winning Sleep =
Deprivation Chamber by Adrienne Kennedy.  He has mentored and =
directed for the Caymichael Patten Studios, NYU/Playwrights Horizon =
Theatre School, University of Vermont, and the Hangar Theatre Lab, among =
others. </FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Choreographer:</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Ron Wilson;</FONT><B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Stage Manager:</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> =
Jon Boomershine;</FONT><B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Set =
Design:</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Jill Davis;</FONT><B> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Lighting:</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> Kristen Egan;</FONT><B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Sound:</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Mike =
Pope;</FONT><B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Costume:</FONT></B><FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial"> Kristen L. Davies;</FONT><B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Production Manager:</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> Joe Martin;</FONT><B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Assistant Production Manager:</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> Penny Goersmeyer;</FONT><B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Assistant Technical Director:</FONT></B><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial"> Curtis Young</FONT></P>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><B><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial Narrow"># # =
#</FONT></I></B></P>

<P><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">As the country’s first =
permanently established professional theatre, founded in 1915, The =
Cleveland Play House has produced plays for 91 years. More than 12 =
million people have attended over 1,300 productions at The Cleveland =
Play House – more than 130 of which were American and/or World =
Premieres. At 300,000 square feet, the Philip Johnson-designed Cleveland =
Play House complex houses five performance spaces, making it the largest =
regional theatre complex in the United States.</FONT></I></P>

<P><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The Ohio Arts Council helped to fund =
The Cleveland Play House with state tax dollars to encourage economic =
growth, educational excellence and cultural =
enrichment.</FONT></I><I><B></B></I><B></B></P>
<BR>

<P ALIGN=3DCENTER><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Colonna MT">Fact =
sheet</FONT></B></P>
<BR>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">What:  </FONT></B><B><I> =
<FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Big Love</FONT></I></B><I></I>
<UL><UL><UL><UL>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Written by Charles L. Mee<BR>
Presented by Case/Cleveland Play House 2008 Graduate Ensemble </FONT>
</P>
</UL></UL></UL></UL>
<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Where: </FONT></B> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Studio One Theatre, The Cleveland Play House, =
8500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">When:</FONT>   =
       </B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Opening Night:  =
            =
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007</FONT>
<UL><UL>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Final =
Performance:      =
        Saturday, March 24, =
2007</FONT>
</P>
</UL></UL>
<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Who:   </FONT></B> =
       <U></U><U><B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Cast</FONT></B></U>
<UL><UL>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Giuliano        Deric =
McNish</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Lydia   Annie Paul</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Olympia Amanda Duffy</FONT>
</UL></UL>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">         &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
;  Thyona  Melynee Saunders Warren</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">         &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
;  Bella/Eleanor   Catherine Albers</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">         &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
;  Piero/Leo       Dan Hammond</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">         &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
;  Constantine     Nathan Gurr</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">         &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
;  Nikos   Tom Degnan </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">         &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
;  Oed     Taylor =
Valentine          &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
; </FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">         &nbs=
p;           &nbsp=
; </FONT><U></U><U><B> </B></U>
<UL><UL>
<P><U><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Creative Team</FONT></B></U>

<BR><B><I><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Playwright:     =
        =
        =
        Charles L. Mee</FONT></I></B>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Director:       =
        =
        =
        Mark Alan Gordon</FONT>

<UL><UL>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Movement and =
Choreography:      =
        Ron Wilson</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Stage Manager:  =
        =
        =
        Jon Boomershine<BR>
Set Design:     =
        =
        =
        Jill Davis</FONT>
</UL></UL>
<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Costume Design: =
        =
        Kristine Davies</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Sound Design:   =
        =
        =
        Mike Pope</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Lighting Design: =
       =
        =
        Kristen Egan</FONT>
</P>
</UL></UL>
<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Times:</FONT></B>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Wednesday-Saturday =
Evenings     =
        7:30 pm</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Saturday =
Matinee        =
        =
        4:00 pm</FONT>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Sunday Matinee  =
        =
        =
        2:00 pm</FONT>
</P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Prices:</FONT></B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">General admission tickets start at $12.00, with discounts =
for students ages 25 and under, as well as Case faculty and =
staff.</FONT></P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">For Single Tickets:</FONT></B> <FONT =
SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Call (216) 795-7000, ext. 4, or </FONT><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">visit</FONT><U></U><U><B> =
</B></U><A HREF=3D"http://www.clevelandplayhouse.com "><U><B><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#000000" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">www.clevelandplayhouse.com</FONT></B></U><U><B></B></U></A=
</P>

<P><B><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Groups of 10 of more =
SAVE!!!</FONT></B> <FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Call Lisa Craig, (216) =
795-7000, ext. 235</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>