[NEohioPAL]i pay your salary

Greta Rothman gretaofoz at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 22 09:54:19 PST 2007

Isn't lovely when people have no clue that the theatre experience isn't all
about them....and would have the balls to tell you that they pay your
salery....WOW!

I used to be a professional house manager and what we did was had the usual
signs including an annoucnement right before the show that reminded the
audience that flash photography was not only prohibited but a danger to cast
members and that the House Manager had the right confiscate any
cameras......then if someone did take flash pics anyway I would pull them
aside and tell them that they had two choices....they could give me the
camera and get it after the show or I could just take all of the film out of
it right there......they usually gave me the camera. :)
People need to learn theatre etiquette which in this day and age is a lost
art.

-Greta Rothman

>From: "Pribble Carol" <cpribble at us.edu>
>To: <VanBrujah at aol.com>,
><warnert70 at yahoo.com>,<neohiopal at lists.fredsternfeld.com>
>Subject: [NEohioPAL]i pay your salary
>Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:16:48 -0500
>
>"I pay your salary"....every high school drama teacher's favorite line!
>I did have a father say that to me once. I told him that if he paid my
>salary he should know that I was hired to run the theatre department, and
>my job is to do what is best for the productions; flash photography is
>distracting to both the audience and the actors and therefore not best for
>the production.
>I also told him that if he paid my salary, I could use a raise.
>CP

Find what you need at prices you’ll love. Compare products and save at MSN®
Shopping.
http://shopping.msn.com/default/shp/?ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24102&tcode=T001MSN20A0701