[NEohioPAL]Volunteer Pubic Relations Person Needed for Film

Richard B. Ingraham rbi at rbicompaudio.20m.com
Thu Feb 22 10:24:08 PST 2007

If it's an all volunteer group, then what is the big deal???

Did you take two seconds to look at their web site?  It seems legit to
me, and obviously anyone that is going to volunteer for something should
use a healthy degree of skepticism until they really know more about
what they are getting involved in.

But as long as everyone in the organization is a volunteer, with like
minded goals, what is the big deal?

Sure, if they had money to spend then maybe they might have a better
chance of getting a good and experienced PR person.  Most PR people I
know like to make a living and understandably so.  And it does seem like
they are asking for an awful lot or expect an awful lot, for a volunteer
position.  But who knows, maybe there is a PR person out there that
shares their same goals, and wants to help them out.

Certainly nothing wrong with that.

Even at Jean Z's open discussions she said something to the words of "If
money is made, the talent gets paid"....  well if they are not making
money, then does the talent still need to get paid?  Probably if they
want to get an experienced, professional.  But maybe not.  It certainly
doesn't hurt to ask.

Don't get me wrong....  that doesn't mean that I think a Multi-Million
dollar start up should be looking for a volunteer secretary.  :-))    Or
at least if they are, they should be honest about it, and if there was
any real possibilities for advancement, or future rewards, or even just
a learning opportunity.

I've had people who volunteered to help me, yes, even while I was
getting paid.  But most of them chose to do so for the fun of the
project and/or as a learning experience.  (or at least I do the best I
can to make it so they learn something from me, while they are doing
so...)

I guess my point is that just because there are some people who will
take advantage of others and try and get something for nothing, doesn't
automatically mean that all people looking for  volunteers are.

Richard B. Ingraham
RBI Computers and Audio
http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com/
rbI at rbicompaudio.20m.com