[NEohioPAL]Food and Drink in the Auditorium

Houser, Nancy HOUSER at oucom.ohiou.edu
Fri Feb 23 05:49:20 PST 2007

------_=_NextPart_001_01C75751.729FAC5C

I just wanted to state that in any theatre, outdoor as well as indoor,
food and drink should not be allowed.  It is time the administrators of
professional, community, and even school theatre presentations as well
as those by musicians/singers enforce the no food/drink rule across the
board.  Not only is it disturbing to those around the individual
indulging, but more importantly, the "accidental" spills of alcohol on
others, especially is appalling!!!  Blossom Music Center is a prime
example.  In the 70's and 80's food/beverages were not allowed in the
pavilion for any performance; today Blossom provides numerous alcoholic
and food booths just outside the pavilion, openly luring customers to
indulge and take it all with them into the pavilion.  I witnessed the
outcome of that at a summer concert when the "accidental spill" occurred
because someone became too enthused by the performer, stood up with
drink in hand to sway to the music, and you guessed it...the individual
sitting in front was wearing a beer the rest of the night!!!

=20

Nancy Houser

=20

=20