[NEohioPAL]Food and Drink in the Auditorium

Mark Levigne mark at levignefamily.org
Thu Feb 22 10:36:51 PST 2007

------=_NextPart_000_007B_01C75686.84BB9200

Tammy-

I must agree that this is an annoying norm to some degree.  I was at a
concert last night and the two young girls that sat next to our group not
only ate and drank (slurped so loud it made me want to cry...  ;-)  ) but
took camera-phone pictures during the show.  When the concert was over we
went to walk out and.... about stumbled over their 64 ounce 'gulps' and
popcorn boxes left on the floor.  Rude to those around them AND expected
someone to clean up after them as they left.  When did they have to be back
at 'the home', I wondered to myself?

We also attended OPA's presentation of "Babes In Toyland" (which was great,
by the way  Kudos, Angela!) at World View Church (on Rte. 252 in Olmsted
Falls) back in late January.  We were told 'no food or drink' in the worship
center/auditorium.  A 10 year old, with his parents right in front of me,
was munching a large box of popcorn so loud I wanted to bury his face in it.
Good grief, the parents knew 'the rules' and sat there and let "junior" do
what he wanted.  Thankfully he ate it fast and was done by the second act...

As a parent I ensure my family leaves our host's home (and anywhere else we
visit) in as good condition as when we arrived, if not better.  The noise of
food and drink during a live performance is not only disrespectful to those
on stage and around you but to the management of the venue you've visited.
Since when does the ticket price include the right to be an "oinker"?  ;-)

"Your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins"

Thanks, Fred!  I feel better now.

     Mark

"It's not whether you get knocked down it's whether you get up"; --Vince
Lombardi