[NEohioPAL]NEWFANGLED PRODUCTIONS says goodbye...

Newfangled Productions newfangled02 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 07:28:24 PDT 2007

Dear friends,

On March 15, 2002 three friends began a dream to add
something of themselves to this area. That dream was
Newfangled Productions. It is then fitting that on the
fifth anniversary of that day that I have the
difficult duty to announce Newfangled Production’s
dissolution.

I can say happily and proudly that this was a decision
made through choice and not necessity. Of the
twenty-five projects that we engaged in, I count each
and every one of them a success. And each of the over
two hundred people who participated in our projects
has added so much to my life that I could never fully
thank you all. I count the experiences and friendships
found through Newfangled Productions to be the most
rewarding of my life. But there comes a time for all
things to end.

I hope that Newfangled Productions will be remembered
for what it was – a simple dream by a few friends. We
made it happen and you made it happen. We started out
with absolutely no resources, but with a little hard
work and so much wonderful community support we set
out and accomplished everything we had hoped to do. If
you ever think “I could do that” then do it! Don’t
hesitate – because you CAN do it. Akron and Cleveland
are wonderful, vibrant communities. Each and every one
of you has so much to offer. Put on a play, have a
concert, do a poetry reading, whatever. If there’s
anything I have learned from Newfangled Productions is
that this area is thirsty for these kinds of things.
This community will give you support. And if it means
anything, you certainly have mine.

Newfangled Productions will always have a dear, dear
place in my heart. I hope it meant something to you
too. And who knows? Maybe some day you’ll see a poster
with our little bicycle on it asking you to rejoin old
friends again. Another thing Newfangled has taught me
is that there are always possibilities. That – and
raking leaves for eight hours on a Saturday can be way
more fun than it sounds.

The thing I take with me from Newfangled Productions,
more than anything, is the people. That’s what it was
always about for me - so many friends from so many
walks of life. And even though Newfangled might be
going away, I hope that these friendships last a
lifetime. As long as these bonds continue Newfangled
Productions will always exist. So to these people this
message is respectfully dedicated – all those who had
faith in us, who participated in our productions, who
came to our productions, who supported us financially,
who supported us in their actions and who supported us
in their hearts. At the risk of sounding sentimental –
and I hope you won’t mind too much sentimentality – I
am reminded of a poem by John Masefield:

“All I need is a tall ship and a star to steer her
by.”

To each of you, my friends, I can only say that
Newfangled Productions was a mighty ship.

And each of you were her stars.

Yours,
Oliver Corrigan
Artistic Director and Founder