[NEohioPAL]"Mangos With Chili" (queer people of color roadshow )

molly larocco mollylarocco at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 15:29:57 PDT 2007

------=_Part_53934_2785682.1175380197861

NEXT WEEK IN CLEVELAND! PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY

Mangos With Chili queer people of color roadshow touring the Northeast March
31-April 9!

FEATURING:

Thomas Andre Bardwell
Kay Barrett (Mango Tribe)
Ching-In Chen
Dulani
Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha
Maria Cristina Rangel aka Miss Cherry Galette
Suhayl Ramirez
Ignacio Rivera
Victor Tobar

The blurb: Mangos With Chili: the floating cabaret of queer and trans people
of
color bliss, dreams sweat, sweets and nightmares, is two weeks of
history-making, ass-shaking performance by 9 queer and trans of color
artists working in spoken word, theater, drag, dance and burlesque. Our work
celebrates our lives, stories and survival, the histories we are making and
the legacies we are creating for future generations of queer and trans
people of color.

The backstory: Inspired by similar traveling roadshows like the Tranny
Roadshow and Sister Spit, in 2006 sister femme vixen writers and performance
artists Maria Cristina Rangel and Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha decidedto
start a similar tour featuring the most brilliant queer and trans artists of
color they knew, using their experience creating events in Toronto, Boston,
New York and the West Coast.

Telling stories of survival, sex, dreams, magic, color, and trans, femme and
genderqueer identities reaching from Sri Lanka to Aztlan to Morocco to the
Philippines to the Caribbean to Brooklyn to migrant small town Washington
state, Mangos With Chili is a groundbreaking performance cabaret, taking
This Bridge Called My Back into the 21st century.

Sunday April 8, 2007
8-10pm
@ C-Space Community Center
4323 Clark Ave. Cleveland, 44109 (
W.44th & Clark Ave)

$7-10 pay what you can, no one turned away for lack of funds.
www.clevelandspace.org

------=_Part_53934_2785682.1175380197861

Mangos With Chili queer people of color roadshow touring the Northeast March 31-April 9!<br>
FEATURING:<br>
Thomas Andre Bardwell<br>
Kay Barrett (Mango Tribe)<br>
Ching-In Chen<br>
Dulani<br>
Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha<br>
Maria Cristina Rangel aka Miss Cherry Galette<br>
Suhayl Ramirez<br>
Ignacio Rivera<br>
Victor Tobar<br>
The blurb: Mangos With Chili: the floating cabaret of queer and trans people of<br>
color bliss, dreams sweat, sweets and nightmares, is two weeks of
history-making, ass-shaking performance by 9 queer and trans of color
artists working in spoken word, theater, drag, dance and burlesque. Our
work celebrates our lives, stories and survival, the histories we are
making and the legacies we are creating for future generations of queer
and trans people of color.<br>
The backstory: Inspired by similar traveling roadshows like the Tranny
Roadshow and Sister Spit, in 2006 sister femme vixen writers and
performance artists Maria Cristina Rangel and Leah Lakshmi
Piepzna-Samarasinha decidedto start a similar tour featuring the most
brilliant queer and trans artists of color they knew, using their
experience creating events in Toronto, Boston, New York and the West
Coast.<br>
Telling stories of survival, sex, dreams, magic, color, and trans,
femme and genderqueer identities reaching from Sri Lanka to Aztlan to
Morocco to the Philippines to the Caribbean to Brooklyn to migrant
small town Washington state, Mangos With Chili is a groundbreaking
performance cabaret, taking This Bridge Called My Back into the 21st
century.<br>
Sunday April 8, 2007<br>
8-10pm<br>
@ C-Space Community Center<br>
4323 Clark Ave. Cleveland, 44109 (<br>
W.44th & Clark Ave)<br>
$7-10 pay what you can, no one turned away for lack of funds.<br>

						<input style="float: right;" name="Altaction" value="Delete From Friends" onclick="location.href='http://collect.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.confirmdeletefriend&friendID=48254744';" type="button">

------=_Part_53934_2785682.1175380197861--