[NEohioPAL]Sound recording advice needed

Jaimee Davis jaimee.davis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 19:49:21 PDT 2007

Hi, everyone,

I want to put together a CD of piano/organ and vocal music. There are
two things I need that I don't currently have/know where to find, and
I was hoping some people here would be able to lead me in the correct
direction.

1) What is good sound recording software or where can I find someone
with a recording studio in the Cleveland area? I think buying it may
prove to be cheaper than hiring someone for the day, but I'm open to
suggestions. A good combination of fair rates/good sound quality would
be appreciated.

2) What is the copyright law related to this? Does anyone know a good
resource that maps out the difference between music that is public
domain and recording from music that I have bought a copy of?

Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

Jaimee Davis
Pianist/Organist