[NEohioPAL]Irony

Justin Tatum justin_tatum at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 08:51:23 PDT 2007

--_cf7ce85f-3d70-4585-86a0-8f254e1cca03_

Even more ironic, is this is all in direct correllation to the article for =
which Tony Brown had us all buzzing about earlier.  It's all referring to t=
he 1st amendment, and there will always be people who dislike some aspect o=
f some thing they do not agree with or are ignorant of, it's the way of our=
 world, but it does not mean that these people, or Don Imus, or anyone has =
to be made into an example of what certain people deem proper behavior.  Ye=
s, there is a moral compass for which we should all revolve around, but I a=
lso find it ironic that the Organization that is attacking these DJs didn't=
 seem to have a problem with it when it first aired, at least that's the im=
pression I get, but they were abhorred when it was re-aired.  And that was =
after the Imus incident.  Interesting.Justin Tatum

> From: icatfishman at yahoo.com> Subject: Re: [NEohioPAL]Take Action: Write/C=
all WFNY, CBS Radio to demand the firing of DJs JV and Elvis> To: kaimei at ea=
rthlink.net; neohiopal at lists.fredsternfeld.com> CC: johnny at mdifilm.com; oca=
gc at yahoogroups.com> Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:42:43 -0700> > Maybe it is ju=
st me but I see a direct coorelation> between the "outrage" expressed here =
and the behavior> discussed in the emaikl entitled "Audience Departs> Perfo=
rmance Artist And Defiles His Work" also posted> on NEOPAL. I see NO differ=
ence.> > > --- Christopher <kaimei at earthlink.net> wrote:> > > Just to be su=
re, this is NOT a freedom of speech> > issue! If any of us > > were to have=
 called a restaurant and done the same> > thing and got caught, > > we shou=
ld all expect to face criminal charges and be> > the subjects of > > restra=
ining orders. They didn't say it on the air> > amongst themselves to > > pe=
ople choosing to listen or not. They called a> > place of business and > > =
interrupted their work with personal degradation and> > attacks. The > > ta=
rgets weren't images of race or all the things> > that can be made fun of >=
 > for better or worse on the subject of race. The> > targets weren't publi=
c > > figures who invite the good with the bad into the> > dialogue about t=
hem, > > they weren't people for whom, "bad publicity is> > better than no =
publicity > > at all." > > > > They were hard working, middle class individ=
uals who> > did not ask to be > > famous by being the object of derision by=
 someone> > being paid to commit > > what from any other person, would be a=
n array of> > crimes (menacing, > > recording and broadcasting the other pa=
rty unawares,> > harassment). I > > wonder if these kinds of crimes fall un=
der the> > banner of hate crimes > > even though they're misdemeanors that =
some people> > inexplicably found > > funny? > > > > Christopher K. Young> =
> > > _____________________________________> > Support Neohiopal - learn ho=
w here:> > http://www.fredsternfeld.com/neohiopal.htm#support> > __________=
____________________________> > Neohiopal is SELF-SERVE. If you need to uns=
ubscribe,> > change from digest to one-at-a-time delivery or> > vice-versa,=
 go on hiatus while out of town, switch> > from mime to plain text or vice-=
versa, etc. check> > out the FAQS at http://www.fredsternfeld.com.> > _____=
__________________________________> > Disclaimer: The facts and/or opinions=
 expressed in> > this message are solely those of the person in the> > "fro=
m" or "reply-to" header. The fact that this> > message is posted should in =
no way be taken as an> > endorsement by the administrator of this list.> > =
Subscribers should perform due diligence for all> > goods, services and act=
ivities promoted on> > NEohioPAL.> > > > NEohioPAL mailing list> > NEohioPA=
L at lists.fredsternfeld.com> >> http://lists.fredsternfeld.com/mailman/listin=
fo/neohiopal> > > > > __________________________________________________> D=
o You Yahoo!?> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection arou=
nd > http://mail.yahoo.com > _____________________________________> Support=
[...]

<head>
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
e for which Tony Brown had us all buzzing about earlier.  It's all ref=
erring to the 1st amendment, and there will always be people who dislike so=
me aspect of some thing they do not agree with or are ignorant of, it'=
s the way of our world, but it does not mean that these people, or Don Imus=
, or anyone has to be made into an example of what certain people deem prop=
er behavior.  Yes, there is a moral compass for which we should all re=
volve around, but I also find it ironic that the Organization that is attac=
king these DJs didn't seem to have a problem with it when it first aired, a=
t least that's the impression I get, but they were abhorred when it was re-=
aired.  And that was after the Imus incident.  Interesting.<BR><B=
R><FONT face=3DTahoma,Helvetica,Sans-Serif><STRONG>Justin Tatum</STRONG></F=
ONT><BR><BR><BR><BR>

<HR id=3DstopSpelling>
<BR>
> From: icatfishman at yahoo.com<BR>> Subject: Re: [NEohioPAL]Take Actio=
n: Write/Call WFNY, CBS Radio to demand the firing of DJs JV and Elvis<BR>&=
gt; To: kaimei at earthlink.net; neohiopal at lists.fredsternfeld.com<BR>> CC:=
 johnny at mdifilm.com; ocagc at yahoogroups.com<BR>> Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 0=
7:42:43 -0700<BR>> <BR>> Maybe it is just me but I see a direct coore=
lation<BR>> between the "outrage" expressed here and the behavior<BR>&gt=
; discussed in the emaikl entitled "Audience Departs<BR>> Performance Ar=
tist And Defiles His Work" also posted<BR>> on NEOPAL. I see NO differen=
ce.<BR>> <BR>> <BR>> --- Christopher <kaimei at earthlink.net> =
wrote:<BR>> <BR>> > Just to be sure, this is NOT a freedom of spee=
ch<BR>> > issue! If any of us <BR>> > were to have called a res=
taurant and done the same<BR>> > thing and got caught, <BR>> > =
we should all expect to face criminal charges and be<BR>> > the subje=
cts of <BR>> > restraining orders. They didn't say it on the air<BR>&=
gt; > amongst themselves to <BR>> > people choosing to listen or n=
ot. They called a<BR>> > place of business and <BR>> > interrup=
ted their work with personal degradation and<BR>> > attacks. The <BR>=
> > targets weren't images of race or all the things<BR>> > tha=
t can be made fun of <BR>> > for better or worse on the subject of ra=
ce. The<BR>> > targets weren't public <BR>> > figures who invit=
e the good with the bad into the<BR>> > dialogue about them, <BR>>=
 > they weren't people for whom, "bad publicity is<BR>> > better t=
han no publicity <BR>> > at all." <BR>> > <BR>> > They we=
re hard working, middle class individuals who<BR>> > did not ask to b=
e <BR>> > famous by being the object of derision by someone<BR>> &=
gt; being paid to commit <BR>> > what from any other person, would be=
 an array of<BR>> > crimes (menacing, <BR>> > recording and bro=
adcasting the other party unawares,<BR>> > harassment). I <BR>> &g=
t; wonder if these kinds of crimes fall under the<BR>> > banner of ha=
te crimes <BR>> > even though they're misdemeanors that some people<B=
R>> > inexplicably found <BR>> > funny? <BR>> > <BR>> =
> Christopher K. Young<BR>> > <BR>> > ______________________=
_______________<BR>> > Support Neohiopal - learn how here:<BR>> &g=
t; http://www.fredsternfeld.com/neohiopal.htm#support<BR>> > ________=
very or<BR>> > vice-versa, go on hiatus while out of town, switch<BR>=
> > from mime to plain text or vice-versa, etc. check<BR>> > ou=
t the FAQS at http://www.fredsternfeld.com.<BR>> > __________________=
_____________________<BR>> > Disclaimer: The facts and/or opinions ex=
pressed in<BR>> > this message are solely those of the person in the<=
BR>> > "from" or "reply-to" header. The fact that this<BR>> > m=
essage is posted should in no way be taken as an<BR>> > endorsement b=
y the administrator of this list.<BR>> > Subscribers should perform d=
ue diligence for all<BR>> > goods, services and activities promoted o=
n<BR>> > NEohioPAL.<BR>> > <BR>> > NEohioPAL mailing list=
<BR>> > NEohioPAL at lists.fredsternfeld.com<BR>> ><BR>> http:/=
/lists.fredsternfeld.com/mailman/listinfo/neohiopal<BR>> > <BR>> <=
 Do You Yahoo!?<BR>> Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protec=
tion around <BR>> http://mail.yahoo.com <BR>> _______________________=
______________<BR>> Support Neohiopal - learn how here: http://www.freds=
__________<BR>> Disclaimer: The facts and/or opinions expressed in this =
message are solely those of the person in the "from" or "reply-to" header. =
The fact that this message is posted should in no way be taken as an endors=
ement by the administrator of this list. Subscribers should perform due dil=
igence for all goods, services and activities promoted on NEohioPAL.<BR>&gt=
; <BR>> NEohioPAL mailing list<BR>> NEohioPAL at lists.fredsternfeld.com=