[NEohioPAL]Take Action: Write/Call WFNY, CBS Radio to demand the firing of DJs JV and Elvis

Christopher kaimei at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 24 22:14:13 PDT 2007

Just to be sure, this is NOT a freedom of speech issue!  If any of us
were to have called a restaurant and done the same thing and got caught,
we should all expect to face criminal charges and be the subjects of
restraining orders.  They didn't say it on the air amongst themselves to
people choosing to listen or not.  They called a place of business and
interrupted their work with personal degradation and attacks.  The
targets weren't images of race or all the things that can be made fun of
for better or worse on the subject of race.  The targets weren't public
figures who invite the good with the bad into the dialogue about them,
they weren't people for whom, "bad publicity is better than no publicity
at all."

They were hard working, middle class individuals who did not ask to be
famous by being the object of derision by someone being paid to commit
what from any other person, would be an array of crimes (menacing,
recording and broadcasting the other party unawares, harassment).  I
wonder if these kinds of  crimes fall under the banner of hate crimes
even though they're misdemeanors that some people inexplicably found
funny?

Christopher K. Young