[NEohioPAL]RE: Neohiopal.... moving to Los Angeles

Matt Mcd matt24256 at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 18:48:00 PDT 2007

--0-1380203292-1178588880=:86003

Oliver was right on about alot of Los Angeles, and I'll add some tidbits to help anyone else who may be considering the move. I moved to Los Angeles from Cleveland 4 years ago to pursue acting and still try and keep in the loop with the Cleveland scene by reading Fred's list. Sure wish we had something like it out here.
  -Check out http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ for apartment prices and any furniture you may need. You can find some great deals but be very careful, there are alot of scam artists out there as well. You can find a decent apartment in the valley from $850+. The valley is a little easier to adjust to (but much warmer in the summer).
  -Once here, it also wouldn't hurt to contact some temp agencies so you have some income coming in without the stress of worrying about taking off a 'real' job for auditions (like Oliver said, its probably going to take a awhile to figure out the LA scene - so plan on the long haul). Temp agencies pay anywhere from $8-16/hour based on your education (min wage is $7.50).
  -Get a Thomas Guide (map book) to help when you get lost (can be found at grocery stores - Ralphs). Also might want to add new headshots into your startup costs... everything here is color.
  -Oliver gave you the 4 main websites for auditions...start surfing them now... some are free to check out. Backstage has very useful information in their forums (under the Community heading). Samuel French sells some very nice guides for teachers/agents/photographers that run around $12-$20 and come out monthly or quarterly.

  Feel free to email me with any other questions you may have... I know how difficult a move it can be.

  Matt McDemott

--0-1380203292-1178588880=:86003

<hr size=1>Now that's room service! <a href="http://travel.yahoo.com/hotelsearchpage;_ylc=X3oDMTFtaTIzNXVjBF9TAzk3NDA3NTg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHNsawNxMS0wNw--
">Choose from over 150,000 hotels <br>in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel</a> to find your fit.
--0-1380203292-1178588880=:86003--