[NEohioPAL]RE: Neohiopal.... moving to Los Angeles

TONY BROWN TBROWN at plaind.com
Tue May 8 12:47:27 PDT 2007

AND: try this cubano place, still fairly cheap, GREAT food, long lines if =
you come at the wrong time (but they tend to move fast): versailles. it's =
about halfway to the beach on venice blvd. get the garlic-orange roast =
chicken with black beans, rice and fried plantains! all for $6.95!

cheers.

tony

>>> Matt Mcd <matt24256 at yahoo.com> 5/7/2007 9:48 PM >>>
Oliver was right on about alot of Los Angeles, and I'll add some tidbits =
to help anyone else who may be considering the move. I moved to Los =
Angeles from Cleveland 4 years ago to pursue acting and still try and keep =
in the loop with the Cleveland scene by reading Fred's list. Sure wish we =
had something like it out here.
  -Check out http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ for apartment prices and =
any furniture you may need. You can find some great deals but be very =
careful, there are alot of scam artists out there as well. You can find a =
decent apartment in the valley from $850+. The valley is a little easier =
to adjust to (but much warmer in the summer).=20
  -Once here, it also wouldn't hurt to contact some temp agencies so you =
have some income coming in without the stress of worrying about taking off =
a 'real' job for auditions (like Oliver said, its probably going to take a =
awhile to figure out the LA scene - so plan on the long haul). Temp =
agencies pay anywhere from $8-16/hour based on your education (min wage is =
$7.50).=20
  -Get a Thomas Guide (map book) to help when you get lost (can be found =
at grocery stores - Ralphs). Also might want to add new headshots into =
your startup costs... everything here is color.
  -Oliver gave you the 4 main websites for auditions...start surfing them =
now... some are free to check out. Backstage has very useful information =
in their forums (under the Community heading). Samuel French sells some =
very nice guides for teachers/agents/photographers that run around $12-$20 =
and come out monthly or quarterly.
  =20
  Feel free to email me with any other questions you may have... I know =
how difficult a move it can be.
  =20
  Matt McDemott
  =20

=20
Now that's room service! Choose from over 150,000 hotels=20

Sign up for FREE breaking news updates at cleveland.com/updates