[NEohioPAL]Share your breakup story

Rita K rpk59 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 12:07:07 PDT 2007

--_f3db9907-fd9b-4463-8604-a2f3d0e04334_

=20
=20
Most of us have had the experience of giving and/or receiving a Dear John o=
r a Dear Jane letter at some point in our lives. It is never easy when some=
one must tell a former lover that It's Over.  These things must be handled =
with care, as one mercifully unnamed Lothario discovered recently after he =
sent such a letter to his ex, a French artist named Sophie Calle.  The arti=
st responded not with tears or fury, but by creating a 107-part exhibit in =
the French Pavilion of the Venice Biennale, a contemporary art exhibition t=
hat is presented every two years in Venice, Italy. Among other things, the =
letter was ridiculed by a copy editor and an etiquette consultant, analyzed=
 by a handwriting expert, translated into many languages, performed by a pu=
ppeteer, interpreted by prominent actresses, sung by a punk rocker, danced =
as a ballet, perforated by a markswoman and shredded by a parrot. All this =
made Plain Dealer features writer Karen Sandstrom wonder if there is ever a=
 good way to give somebody the bad news. She's writing a story about it, an=
d although we doubt that you have anything to match the above example, she'=
d like to enlist your help. Do you have a funny, infuriating, sensitive, bl=
undering -- pick your own adjective -- story to tell about the end of a rel=
ationship? If you do, Karen would love to hear from you. It doesn't matter =
if you were on the giving or receiving end, or how long ago it was, she's i=
nterested in your story. You can send it to her at ksandstrom at plaind.com.  =
Please include your name, city of residence and a daytime telephone number.=
 You may rest assured that she will not use your name or your story without=
 talking with you first.
With Windows Live Hotmail, you can personalize your inbox with your favorit=
e color.
www.windowslive-hotmail.com/learnmore/personalize.html?locale=3Den-us&ocid=
=3DTXT_TAGLM_HMWL_reten_addcolor_0607=

--_f3db9907-fd9b-4463-8604-a2f3d0e04334_

<head>
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
T-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #333333"><A href=3D"mailto:neohiopal at lists.fredsternfe=
ld.com"><U><FONT face=3D"Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" color=3D#800080 size=3D=
3></FONT></U></A><U><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#800080 size=3D3></FONT></U>=
<?xml:namespace prefix =3D o ns =3D "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:offic=
e" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN> </P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE=
: 10pt; COLOR: #333333"><o:p><FONT face=3D"Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=
=3D3> </FONT></o:p></SPAN></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE=
: 10pt; COLOR: #333333"><FONT face=3D"Geneva, Arial, Sans-serif" size=3D3>M=
ost of us have had the experience of giving and/or receiving a Dear John or=
 a Dear Jane letter at some point in our lives. It is never easy when someo=
ne must tell a former lover that It's Over. <BR><SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun=
: yes"> </SPAN><BR>These things must be handled with care, as one merc=
ifully unnamed Lothario discovered recently after he sent such a letter to =
his ex, a French artist named Sophie Calle. <BR><SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun=
: yes"> </SPAN><BR>The artist responded not with tears or fury, but by=
 creating a 107-part exhibit in the French Pavilion of the Venice Biennale,=
 a contemporary art exhibition that is presented every two years in Venice,=
 Italy. Among other things, the letter was ridiculed by a copy editor and a=
n etiquette consultant, analyzed by a handwriting expert, translated into m=
any languages, performed by a puppeteer, interpreted by prominent actresses=
, sung by a punk rocker, danced as a ballet, perforated by a markswoman and=
 shredded by a parrot.<BR><SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN><B=
R>All this made Plain Dealer features writer Karen Sandstrom wonder if ther=
e is ever a good way to give somebody the bad news. She's writing a story a=
bout it, and although we doubt that you have anything to match the above ex=
ample, she'd like to enlist your help.<BR><SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes"=
> </SPAN><BR>Do you have a funny, infuriating, sensitive, blundering -=
- pick your own adjective -- story to tell about the end of a relationship?=
 If you do, Karen would love to hear from you. It doesn't matter if you wer=
e on the giving or receiving end, or how long ago it was, she's interested =
in your story.<BR><SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN><BR><STRON=
G><U>You can send it to her at ksandstrom at plaind.com.</U></STRONG>  Pl=
ease include your name, city of residence and a daytime telephone number. Y=
ou may rest assured that she will not use your name or your story without t=
alking with you first.</FONT></SPAN><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FA=
MILY: Arial"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P><br /><hr />Change is good. See what's d=
ifferent about Windows Live Hotmail. <a href=3D'www.windowslive-hotmail.com=
/learnmore/default.html?locale=3Den-us&ocid=3DRMT_TAGLM_HMWL_reten_changego=
od_0607' target=3D'_new'>Check it out!</a></body>

--_f3db9907-fd9b-4463-8604-a2f3d0e04334_--