[NEohioPAL]HOODS IN THE WOODS: SCARED SCRIPTLESS UPDATE

Bobby Jones bobbyjonesfilms at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 23:42:33 PDT 2007

--_725c8f91-7e85-4470-8a97-d0b742fbea9a_

okay, by now everybody has seen my posts for HOODS in the WOODS: SCARED SCR=
IPTLESS and probably died laughing at the title...  check out a bunch of fr=
ame grabs on my myspace page at myspace.com/whoiskatmonroe or myspace.com/h=
oodsinthewoods to see whats up...  also I got a bunch of emails about voice=
 talent and audition info for the sequels and thank you, I love it.  I will=
 be responding at the beginning of next week as this weekend is dedicated t=
o heavy editing to get the rough cut squared away so we can move directly i=
nto the audio work BEFORE I get into repeating my 1200 (literally) visual f=
x... so that it will only take a couple months to wrap post production - as=
 opposed to the year and a half it took me the first time before the comp c=
rash...  also i will be shooting a new opening to the film featuring BRENNA=
 LEE ROTH and VALERIE MORABIDO, but would like to add two more females to t=
he opening which will also feature film star BRYAN HENDERSON to set up the =
nature of the "Haunted Woods with Urban Youth" feel of the films.  Both Mis=
s Roth and Miss Morabido, as well as Mr. Henderson have signed on to comple=
te the trilogy as well.  DISTRO is pretty much guaranteed through a certain=
 NEW YORK indie house responsible for the best known b-movies in the world,=
 and the goal is to get a boxed set out by next summer with all three plus =
a disk of fx reels, outtakes and interviews with the series' cast, as well =
as other cool little spots about the films....
=20
remember when you send me a headshot and resume for the sequels, casting is=
 not based as much on previous experience acting (reciting lines and such) =
as it is moreover based on improv comedy and the ability to act on bad tast=
e and instinct, as this is deliberately being designed as a guilty pleasure=
 urban film with a touch of horror, action and parody.  age range is suppos=
ed to be betwen 18 and 30, but exceptions will be made for unique people. =
=20
=20
as for the concept and design of the films, each, though feature length, is=
 less feature plot, as it is about feeling like your on a camping trip with=
 idiots who just don't get it and should have stayed in the city.  The stor=
y is actually skit comedy and horror developed through short stories, whera=
s all the characters inadvertantly wipe each other out, wether it be on acc=
ident or deliberately executed... and then wake up in the tent screaming ab=
out horrible nightmares, which falls directly into the "woods are haunted" =
legend about where they are camping, and miscellanious ghosts interfer, mon=
sters attack, friends turn out to be dim witted, although very skilled at t=
heir trade serial killers, sleeping bags suffer from homicidal tendencies, =
terrorists run rampant, and landmines are always a threat.  Also in the seq=
uels there will be scenes shot on Hinkley and Wallace Lake dubbing together=
 as one (allowing for a very bad gag about the lake being the only fresh wa=
ter body that supports a pod of killer whales) , as well as we be returning=
 to Tinkers Creek and Whips Ledges.  As with the first, the films will foll=
ow rough ideas of scenes and completely improvised on screen, where anythin=
g can happen and the story will follow the characters always choosing the w=
rong course of action in bad situations, directly making them worse, as wel=
l as my sudden plot twists thrown in, which allows for an unprecidented amo=
unt of collaboration and usualy looses complete control with a snowball eff=
ect.  Even I won't know exactly what is going to happen, which makes the pr=
ocess very unique and fun. =20
=20
I know it sounds very odd - and honestly the first time we put Scared Scrip=
tless together I was afraid of how it would turn out, but the film (and hop=
efully the sequels) somehow creates an unusual, unpredictable truely entert=
aining feel, despite being potty mouthed.  (We did an entire story about a =
character plotting horrible revenge, convincing all the other characters th=
at another must die... for farting in the tent, and somehow at the end of t=
he sequence despite everything that goes on, the story is credible...)
=20
Bobby Jones
BobbyJonesFilms at hotmail.com
myspace.com/whoiskatmonroe
myspace.com/hoodsinthewoods
=20
Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i=92m Ini=
tiative now. It=92s free.=A0=A0
http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=3DTAGWL_June07=

--_725c8f91-7e85-4470-8a97-d0b742fbea9a_

<head>
{
margin:0px;
padding:0px
}
body
{
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma
}
</head>
[...]
e films....<BR>
 <BR>
remember when you send me a headshot and resume for the sequels, casting is=
 not based as much on previous experience acting (reciting lines and such) =
as it is moreover based on improv comedy and the ability to act on bad tast=
e and instinct, as this is deliberately being designed as a guilty pleasure=
 urban film with a touch of horror, action and parody.  age range is s=
upposed to be betwen 18 and 30, but exceptions will be made for unique peop=
le.  <BR>
 <BR>
as for the concept and design of the films, each, though feature length, is=
 less feature plot, as it is about feeling like your on a camping trip with=
 idiots who just don't get it and should have stayed in the city.  The=
 story is actually skit comedy and horror developed through short stories,&=
nbsp;wheras all the characters inadvertantly wipe each other out, wether it=
[...]
 to happen, which makes the process very unique and fun.  <BR>
 <BR>
I know it sounds very odd - and honestly the first time we put Scared Scrip=
tless together I was afraid of how it would turn out, but the film (an=
d hopefully the sequels) somehow creates an unusual, unpredictable truely e=
ntertaining feel, despite being potty mouthed.  (We did an entire stor=
y about a character plotting horrible revenge, convincing all the other cha=
racters that another must die... for farting in the tent, and somehow at th=
e end of the sequence despite everything that goes on, the story is credibl=
e...)<BR>
 <BR>
Bobby Jones<BR>
<A href=3D"mailto:BobbyJonesFilms at hotmail.com">BobbyJonesFilms at hotmail.com<=
/A><BR>
myspace.com/whoiskatmonroe<BR>
myspace.com/hoodsinthewoods<BR>
 <BR><br /><hr />Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger =
and join the i=92m Initiative now. It=92s free.=A0 <a href=3D'http://im.liv=
e.com/messenger/im/home/?source=3DTAGWL_June07' target=3D'_new'>Make it cou=
nt!</a></body>

--_725c8f91-7e85-4470-8a97-d0b742fbea9a_--