[NEohioPAL]Got feedback??

JGemini61065 at aol.com JGemini61065 at aol.com
Sun Jun 24 14:03:55 PDT 2007

--part1_d67.c60e714.33b0363b_boundary

Thank you for your time in reading this..........

I've been meaning to write this for sometime now. I guess today's the day. :)

For the past 2 years I've been working for tv/film productions both as an
actor and as  production staff. Here's my feelings on both.

As an actor I've done 'Indie' projects. Here in Cleveland the Indie scene
struggles to stay alive. Many actors use this experience to move to larger
cities. WE'RE all growing as actors. As well as learning Indie film makers. And
feedback is VITAL in the beginning of any growth.

My suggestion to Indie film makers.
1-- If you hold an auditition. EACH and every person that auditions should
get a PROMPT call . As to come back for a callback. Or a polite "Thank you.
Please audition for us on our next project." Now you might say that calling
everyone is a huge task. Is it really?? The MOST I've seen come out for a CLEVELAND
Indie audition is 50 tops. Split the calls between two people and your talking
about 2 hrs time,maybe that. A director or producer might not "feel
comfortable" giving someone 'bad news'. We'll then maybe you shouldn't be involved in
this business. It goes with the job.

2-- After the callback audition. And after you've called the people to give
them the 'good news'--YOU got the part. The others should be offered the
chance.."would you like feedback as to why we went with someone else?" Will this
happen in LA or NY. Certainly not. Their seeing so many people. And there are
MANY more opurtunites to audition. But in Cleveland when maybe once amonth an
audition happens...general for 'deffred or NO pay". You CAN pay them with
feedback. And be PROFESSINAL
about it. If your whole cast is to speak with an Irish accent. An actor puts
down they
can do an Irish accent, and they can't. This is a VALUABLE piece of
information to that actor.

3-- Indie film in Cleveland means.......deffred pay or NO pay. Then for gosh
sakes treat people with RESPECT, PROFESSINALISM and BE GRATEFUL for cast and
crew giving of their VALUABLE time for YOUR
VISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It turns my stomach when directors/producers/writes 'joke' about they got
people for free. Or complained some one ate more than 2 pieces of pizza on
their set.

4-- On the topic of 'deffred pay'. BE HONEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO I really
have to say more than that?? :)

I've had the good fortune to be involved with productions on the production
side. And they HAVE done the above. And I have to say the actor inside of me
was VERY proud of being involved with those group of people!!!!!!!!!!!!

The good thing about technology these days ANYONE can get a camera and make a
movie. The bad thing......ANYONE can get a camera and make a movie.

We...Cleveland film makers...are only as strong as our weakest link. Is that
link you.....?????

Thank you for your time.
Be well,Jeffrey Cain

**************************************
 See what's free at
http://www.aol.com.

--part1_d67.c60e714.33b0363b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>Thank y=
ou for your time in reading this..........<BR>
<BR>
I've been meaning to write this for sometime now. I guess today's the day. :=
)<BR>
<BR>
For the past 2 years I've been working for tv/film productions both as an ac=
tor and as  production staff. Here's my feelings on both.<BR>
<BR>
As an actor I've done 'Indie' projects. Here in Cleveland the Indie scene st=
ruggles to stay alive. Many actors use this experience to move to larger cit=
ies. WE'RE all growing as actors. As well as learning Indie film makers. And=
 feedback is VITAL in the beginning of any growth.<BR>
<BR>
My suggestion to Indie film makers.<BR>
1-- If you hold an auditition. EACH and every person that auditions should g=
et a PROMPT call . As to come back for a callback. Or a polite "Thank you. P=
lease audition for us on our next project." Now you might say that calling e=
veryone is a huge task. Is it really?? The MOST I've seen come out for a CLE=
VELAND Indie audition is 50 tops. Split the calls between two people and you=
r talking about 2 hrs time,maybe that. A director or producer might not "fee=
l comfortable" giving someone 'bad news'. We'll then maybe you shouldn't be=20=
involved in this business. It goes with the job.<BR>
<BR>
2-- After the callback audition. And after you've called the people to give=20=
them the 'good news'--YOU got the part. The others should be offered the cha=
nce.."would you like feedback as to why we went with someone else?" Will thi=
s happen in LA or NY. Certainly not. Their seeing so many people. And there=20=
are MANY more opurtunites to audition. But in Cleveland when maybe once amon=
th an audition happens...general for 'deffred or NO pay". You CAN pay them w=
ith feedback. And be PROFESSINAL<BR>
about it. If your whole cast is to speak with an Irish accent. An actor puts=
 down they<BR>
can do an Irish accent, and they can't. This is a VALUABLE piece of informat=
ion to that actor.<BR>
<BR>
3-- Indie film in Cleveland means.......deffred pay or NO pay. Then for gosh=
 sakes treat people with RESPECT, PROFESSINALISM and BE GRATEFUL for cast an=
d crew giving of their VALUABLE time for YOUR VISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!=
!!!!!!! It turns my stomach when directors/producers/writes 'joke' about the=
y got people for free. Or complained some one ate more than 2 pieces of pizz=
a on their set.<BR>
<BR>
4-- On the topic of 'deffred pay'. BE HONEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO I really=20=
have to say more than that?? :)<BR>
<BR>
I've had the good fortune to be involved with productions on the production=20=
side. And they HAVE done the above. And I have to say the actor inside of me=
 was VERY proud of being involved with those group of people!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>
<BR>
The good thing about technology these days ANYONE can get a camera and make=20=
a movie. The bad thing......ANYONE can get a camera and make a movie.<BR>
<BR>
We...Cleveland film makers...are only as strong as our weakest link. Is that=
 link you.....?????<BR>
<BR>
Thank you for your time.<BR>
Be well,Jeffrey Cain</FONT><BR><BR><BR>*************************************=