[NEohioPAL]Got class?

JGemini61065 at aol.com JGemini61065 at aol.com
Sun Jun 24 20:06:15 PDT 2007

--part1_d2b.e407e88.33b08b27_boundary

Thanks for reading this.

And yes...I'll spell check this time. :)

I'm not sure what Fred's rule are. And I don't want this to be an
advertisement for my
acting coach. So I'm just gonna use 'coach',instead of her/his name. If you
email me directly I'll be happy to pass along the coach's website info.

***I'm going to speak to two different groups. Directors and Actors***

Directors............Have you ever taken an acting class?? Why not??? When
you hear
Hollywood actors say..." So and So is an actors director." And they really
enjoy working with that director. Do you 'get it' ?? As an actor and as working
the production side this is what I've seen from local Indie directors.....Set
the camera here,
light this, blah..blah.. move this, blah..blah....running out of
time...blah..blah..Okay bring in the actors...GO.....cut..reshoot.....cut...okay moving
on. Uhmmmm...isn't this the thing your going to try to get into festivals?? To
try and make money?? Aren't
the actors the thing people are going to watch to...I don't know...enjoy. All
the time and "money" that you've put into this and one of the major
components is given less
consideration than the tree you just spent 2 hours lighting. What's the
saying...."To
understand a man..walk a mile in his shoes." If you've never acted..or taken
an acting class....how in Sam hill do you expect to get the best performance
from them. Or even recognize what your getting from them is good or not.
And.....yeah..sorry...no
director wants to hear this.......the chances of you being the next R.
Rodrequis or Q.
Tarantino or K. Smith...not so large. Think of all the time you spent in
'preproduction' and compare that to time you spent with the actors....that scale
is going to way HEAVY to one side. I'm not saying you need to go to Juliard.
Don't you OWE it to yourself and your vision/dream film production to get the
MOST out it. To reach it's highest potential?? As an actor. I have had to ask
many questions from Indie directors. That the director should have directed me.
I know of one director that went to a coach for a couple of classes prior to
his film. I give him huge kudos. If your going to spend hours learning about
the camera you just bought. Why wouldn't you also spend a few in acting class???

Actors..........Are you a precocious little darling?? Or a hot model type??
Or the typical grandparent?? If yes. That's ONLY going to get you so far. When
you go to an audition are you JUST a good reader ?? Do you plan to go to a
major city and 'give it a go'? Do you even have any idea what it's like in the
major film cities?? Wouldn't it be in your best interest to be FULLY armed
before you go?? If you and your friends and family think your a great actor. And
you were 'born to act.' Your fooling your self. And setting your self up for
some major disappointment if you leave Cleveland. Or for that matter go for roles
even in Cleveland. Would you go to a doctor who was 'born to do surgery'? And
never learned his/her craft. Of course not. That would be insanity.
Over the past 2 years of going to an acting coach I have learned so much. I
was going to detail what in this post. But I fear this is already very long. A
magician doesn't give away their secrets... :) I know the areas I've grown in.
And strengthened the ones that were natural talents. AND been given insight
as to what goes on in the large film cities. And it's great to see fellow
students grow.....where they might have had difficulty with..say...improve. And to
see that person embrace it. And add that skill when doing a scene...VERY
COOL!!!!!!!!!!! So I say to you fellow actor.......DON'T
cheat your self. Or sell your audience short. By not being the BEST you can
be.
Education is NEVER a waste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My coach as not only taught me
acting. But MANY things about the profession. That is INVALUABLE!!!!! Thank you
beeeeppp!!!!!!!

Be well,Jeffrey Cain

**************************************
 See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

--part1_d2b.e407e88.33b08b27_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>Thanks=20=
for reading this.<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D1 PTSIZE=3D8 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">=
And yes...I'll spell check this time. :)<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR:=20=
#ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"=
><BR>
I'm not sure what Fred's rule are. And I don't want this to be an advertisem=
ent for my<BR>
acting coach. So I'm just gonna use 'coach',instead of her/his name. If you=20=
email me directly I'll be happy to pass along the coach's website info.<BR>
<BR>
***I'm going to speak to two different groups. Directors and Actors***<BR>
<BR>
Directors............Have you ever taken an acting class?? Why not??? When y=
ou hear<BR>
Hollywood actors say..." So and So is an actors director." And they really e=
njoy working with that director. Do you 'get it' ?? As an actor and as worki=
ng the production side this is what I've seen from local Indie directors....=
.Set the camera here,<BR>
light this, blah..blah.. move this, blah..blah....running out of time...blah=
..blah..Okay bring in the actors...GO.....cut..reshoot.....cut...okay moving=
 on. Uhmmmm...isn't this the thing your going to try to get into festivals??=
 To try and make money?? Aren't<BR>
the actors the thing people are going to watch to...I don't know...enjoy. Al=
l the time and "money" that you've put into this and one of the major compon=
ents is given less<BR>
consideration than the tree you just spent 2 hours lighting. What's the sayi=
ng...."To<BR>
understand a man..walk a mile in his shoes." If you've never acted..or taken=
 an acting class....how in Sam hill do you expect to get the best performanc=
e from them. Or <I>even</I> recognize what your getting from them is good or=
 not. And.....yeah..sorry...no<BR>
director wants to hear this.......the chances of you being the next R. Rodre=
quis or Q.<BR>
Tarantino or K. Smith...not so large. Think of all the time you spent in 'pr=
eproduction' and compare that to time you spent with the actors....that scal=
e is going to way HEAVY to one side. I'm not saying you need to go to Juliar=
d. Don't you OWE it to yourself and your vision/dream film production to get=
 the MOST out it. To reach it's highest potential?? As an actor. I have had=20=
to ask many questions from Indie directors. That the director <U>should have=
</U> directed me. I know of one director that went to a coach for a couple o=
f classes prior to his film. I give him huge kudos. If your going to spend <=
I>hours</I> learning about the camera you just bought. Why wouldn't you also=
 spend a few in acting class???<BR>
<BR>
Actors..........Are you a precocious little darling?? Or a hot model type??=20=
Or the typical grandparent?? If yes. That's ONLY going to get you so far. Wh=
en you go to an audition are you JUST a good reader ?? Do you plan to go to=20=
a major city and 'give it a go'? Do you even have <I>any</I> idea what it's=20=
like in the major film cities?? Wouldn't it be in your best interest to be F=
ULLY armed <I><U>before</I></U> you go?? If you and your friends and family=20=
think your a great actor. And you were 'born to act.' Your fooling your self=
. And setting your self up for some major disappointment if you leave Clevel=
and. Or for that matter go for roles even in Cleveland. Would you go to a do=
ctor who was 'born to do surgery'? And never learned his/her craft. Of cours=
e not. That would be insanity. <BR>
Over the past 2 years of going to an acting coach I have learned so much. I=20=
was going to detail what in this post. But I fear this is already very long.=
 A magician doesn't give away their secrets... :) I know the areas I've grow=
n in. And strengthened the ones that were natural talents. AND been given in=
sight as to what goes on in the large film cities. And it's great to see fel=
low students grow.....where they might have had difficulty with..say...impro=
ve. And to see that person embrace it. And add that skill when doing a scene=
...VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!! So I say to you fellow actor.......DON'T<BR>
cheat your self. Or sell your audience short. By not being the BEST you can=20=
be.<BR>
Education is NEVER a waste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My coach as not only taught me act=
ing. But MANY things about the profession. That is INVALUABLE!!!!! Thank you=
 <U>beeeeppp</U>!!!!!!!<BR>
<BR>
Be well,Jeffrey Cain<BR>
<BR>