[NEohioPAL]Elyria Summer Theatre - call for musicians

Barbara T Aylward b.aylward at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 6 21:12:48 PDT 2007

--0-1805381731-1183781568=:20947

To Mr. Caraffi - please refer to all of the various postings and discussions that have gone on here at Fred's fine sessions regarding 'perform for free'.  If your theatre budget doesn't allow for pay for a pit orchestra, then you probably need to rethink the shows that you're putting on.  There are many fine non-musical, or limited instrumentation shows that can be staged with a minimal budget..

  The fact that you do have some budget ("max $125/musician") causes me to think that you don't particularly value the time, expense, and effort that all of the musicians that I know of expend on a regular basis.

  Please, don't insult us in the manner of your posting.

  Kevin Aylward