[NEohioPAL]Elyria Summer Theatre - call for musicians

Gregory Saltis gregorysaltis at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 8 07:53:15 PDT 2007

Mr. Caraffi humbly submits a simple request for volunteers for a community
theater production and we find from his later posting he is willing to pay a
stipend out of his own pocket.  The response to his request is a curt
stinging rebuke whose tone flies in the face of everything community theater
represents. Community theater groups, managed by a small group of passionate
devotees, operating on a shoestring budget, somehow producing the miracle of
a show, need help and support, not mean-spirited sniping.

The beauty of a volunteer/stipend arrangement is that no one is required to
participate, only the loving, caring, and giving need apply.  Mr. Aylward, I
think EST need not look for your participation, you evidently lack the
requisite qualities.

Judging from the tone of my fellow respondees, I suggest he take his own
advice and, "don't insult us in the manner of your posting".

Thanks,
Greg