[NEohioPAL]Elyria Summer Theatre - call for musicians

Maureen Dempsey fromstage2screen at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 09:34:37 PDT 2007

--0-1624932035-1183912477=:42616

If I were a musician I would "pay Mike" to work for him!  You are an amazing talent, Mike.  Anyone who wants an excellent experience should work with this man, pay or no pay.

  Maureen Dempsey

Mike Caraffi <mcaraffi at yahoo.com> wrote:
          Kevin,

  While I appreciate your posting, it was never intended to be an insult to anyone's time or talent.  I am a musician myself and would never intentionally NOT OFFER a stipend to a talented musician - or ANY musician for that matter.  Unfortunately, as a MD for this particular production, I have to work by the guidelines that the ESTA Executive Board sets for me.  If there is no budget for pit, I have to work with those constraints.  Perhaps your concerns over show choice and budget are best addressed at an ESTA board meeting - better yet, become involved!

  The $125/musician stipend is NOT something that was budgeted but moreso, something that is coming from MY POCKET.  Based on the number of musicians needed and what I am willing to offer, it more than exhausts any stipend that I will receive from ESTA.  I made that decision as an MD, becuase I know that time and talent are not free services when it comes to musicians, however, I also care enough and am passionate enough about community theater, this project and this cast to want to give everyone the best experience and pit orchestra they can possibly have.  I want that more than anything for ANY cast that I work with.

  Thank you for your concern.

  Mike Caraffi