[NEohioPAL]OCTA Northeast Region celebrates quality theater

Dave Cotton deltachaz at oh.rr.com
Tue Jul 24 11:50:35 PDT 2007

On July 7th theater folks from all over northeast Ohio gathered at =20
The Canton Players Guild for the 2007 Northeast Regional Ohio =20
Community Theatre Association Fest.
Six member theaters participated in this festival:
Hudson Players
Workshop Players, Inc.
North Canton Playhouse
Western Reserve Playhouse
Trumbull New Theatre, Inc.
Boradview Hts. Spotlights Community Theatre.
Each of these theaters presented excerpts in this day long festival =20
and each performance was critiqued by trained responders.  At the end =20=

of the day many awards were given out and three theaters were invited =20=

to move on to the state festival.

INVITEES TO THE 2007 STATE FESTIVAL ARE :

	Workshop Players  -  I Love You, You=92re Perfect, Now Change  =
By Joe =20
DePietro & Jimmy Roberts
	Broadview Heights Spotlights  -  Messiah on the Frigidaire  By =
John =20
Culbertson

ALTERNATE:

	Western Reserve Playhouse  -  Opal=92s Husband  By John Patrick

AWARDS:

Run for your Wife - Hudson Players
	Merit in Acting - Claudia Lillibridge
	Merit in Acting =96 Brian Diehl

I Love You, You=92re Perfect, Now Change - Workshop Players
	Excellence in Choreography =96 Jerry Macek
	Excellence in Production Elements
	Excellence in Musical Directing and Accompaniment =96 John =
Franks
	Excellence in Acting =96 Jayne Bartish-Kacik
	Excellence in Acting =96 Tom Castro
	Excellence in Acting =96 Judy MacKeigan
	Excellence in Acting =96 Dennis Runkle
	Outstanding in Ensemble
	Outstanding in Directing =96 Dave MacKeigan

Opal=92s Husband - Western Reserve Playhouse
	Merit in Directing =96 Jim Volkert
	Merit in Acting =96 Sue Moffett
	Excellence in Acting =96 Candace Russell

The Amorous Ambassador =96 Trumbull New Theatre
	Merit in Acting =96 Maria Wright
	Excellence in Acting =96 Terry Shears

Messiah on the Frigidaire - Broadview Heights Spotlights
	Merit in Set Design =96 Annette Phelps
	Excellence in Directing =96 Bob Kmiecik
	Outstanding in Acting =96 Brian Diehl

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED!!!!!

The OCTA Northeast Region Board would especially like to thank Jean =20
Reahm, Craig Betz and their staff at Canton Players Guild for making =20
our day in their theater so pleasant!

The Ohio Community Theatre Association has over 100 member theaters =20
in five regions from all over the state. The 2007 State Conference is =20=

being hosted by the Northeast Region and is being held at the =20
Beachwood Hilton over Labor Day Weekend.

YOU are invited to attend and see some of the best theater our state =20
community theaters have to offer.
Please see our website for Conference information, registration forms =20=

and much, much more!!

http://www.octaweb.org/