[NEohioPAL]Ruthless! Fundraiser for Akron's Community AIDS Network

Jan Harcar Jharcar at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Fri Aug 3 12:21:18 PDT 2007

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C7D5E1.F0A17720

WEATHERVANE PLAYHOUSE

and Akron's Community AIDS Network

present RUTHLESS!

Weathervane Playhouse and Community AIDS Network team up once again, =
this time, to present RUTHLESS! Ruthless!, a musical by Joel Paley and =
Marvin Laird, is a parody of The Bad Seed and All about Eve and will be =
presented in a semi-staged concert version. The show will be presented =
at Weathervane Playhouse on Monday and Tuesday, August 20 & 21 at 7:30 =
p.m. as a fundraiser for Akron's Community AIDS Network and WCP.

In addition to The Bad Seed and All about Eve, the musical parodies a =
host of other shows plus many personalities including Donna Reed and =
Ethel Merman. Ruthless! is cynical and evil and loaded with witty lyrics =
that wink at the various stories parodied. You'll hear echoes of Gypsy =
and A Chorus Line, some Gershwin and Sondheim. Adults only, please.

Tickets are just $20. Folks from Community AIDS Network will man an area =
of light refreshments and will sell 50/50 raffle tickets plus host a =
Chinese raffle with prizes such as wine baskets and hotel packages.

OUR DIRECTOR

Curt Arnold (Director) A Cleveland-based actor, director and stage =
manager, Curt directed Weathervane's recent production of The Sisters =
Rosensweig and also directed our previous Community AIDS Network benefit =
stagings of Forever Plaid, Nunsense A-Men, Nunsense II: The Second =
Coming and Pump Boys and Dinettes. Several years ago, he appeared on our =
stage in Sweeney Todd and as Rooster Hannigan in Annie.

The evening should be prove to be lots of fun and a portion of the =
proceeds goes to Community AIDS Network of Akron to support its =
programs. Charge by phone at Weathervane's Ticket Office at 330-836-2626 =
or purchase tickets online at www.weathervaneplayhouse.com. Call =
between10 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Mondays and 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Tuesday =
through Friday.=20

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C7D5E1.F0A17720

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><B><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D4>
<P align=3Dcenter>WEATHERVANE PLAYHOUSE</P>
<P align=3Dcenter>and Akron=92s Community AIDS Network</P><I>
<P align=3Dcenter>present RUTHLESS!</P></B></I></FONT><FONT=20
face=3DHelvetica></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P>Weathervane Playhouse and Community AIDS Network team up once again, =
this=20
time, to present <B><I>RUTHLESS!</I> </B><I>Ruthless!, </I>a musical by =
Joel=20
Paley and Marvin Laird, is a parody of <I>The Bad Seed</I> and<I> All =
about=20
Eve</I> and will be presented in a semi-staged concert version<I>.<B> =
</I>The=20
show will be presented at Weathervane Playhouse on Monday and Tuesday, =
August 20=20
& 21 at 7:30 p.m. as a fundraiser for Akron=92s Community AIDS =
Network and=20
WCP.</P></B>
<P>In addition to <I>The Bad Seed</I> and <I>All about Eve</I>, the =
musical=20
parodies a host of other shows plus many personalities including Donna =
Reed and=20
Ethel Merman. <I>Ruthless! </I>is cynical and evil and loaded with witty =
lyrics=20
that wink at the various stories parodied. You=92ll hear echoes of =
<I>Gypsy</I>=20
and <I>A Chorus Line</I>, some Gershwin and Sondheim. <B><I>Adults only, =

please.</P></I>
<P></B>Tickets are just $20. Folks from Community AIDS Network will man =
an area=20
of light refreshments and will sell 50/50 raffle tickets plus host a =
Chinese=20
raffle with prizes such as wine baskets and hotel packages.</P><B>
<P>OUR DIRECTOR</P>
<P>Curt Arnold</B> (Director) A Cleveland-based actor, director and =
stage=20
manager, Curt directed Weathervane=92s recent production of <I>The =
Sisters=20
Rosensweig</I> and also directed our previous Community AIDS Network =
benefit=20
stagings of <I>Forever Plaid, Nunsense A-Men, Nunsense II: The Second =
Coming</I>=20
and <I>Pump Boys and Dinettes. </I>Several years ago, he appeared on our =
stage=20
in <I>Sweeney Todd</I> and as Rooster Hannigan in <I>Annie</I>.</P>
<P>The evening should be prove to be lots of fun and a portion of the =
proceeds=20
goes to Community AIDS Network of Akron to support its programs. Charge =
by phone=20
at Weathervane=92s Ticket Office at <B>330-836-2626</B> or purchase =
tickets online=20
at www.weathervaneplayhouse.com. <B><I>Call between10 a.m. and 4 p.m. on =
Mondays=20
and 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.=20
</B></I></P></FONT></FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C7D5E1.F0A17720--