[NEohioPAL]Everything Marriage at Weathervane's I Do! I Do!

Jan Harcar Jharcar at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Mon Aug 20 14:26:33 PDT 2007

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C7E34F.40E21B70

Weathervane Playhouse Opens 73rd Season

with a charming musical scrapbook!

I DO! I DO!

Don't miss Weathervane's 2007-2008 season-opener I DO! I DO!, the =
charming musical by Tom Jones and Harvey Schmidt (the writers of The =
Fantasticks!). I DO! I DO! will take the stage September 5 through =
September 23 for 12 performances.

Based on Jan de Hartog's The Fourposter, I DO! I DO! , has just two =
characters, Michael and Agnes, an upper-class couple who marry in 1898. =
We follow them through the next 50 years in a musical scrapbook of warm, =
funny, whimsical, poignant and otherwise adorable songs.

Michael writes women's romance novels. He can be self-deprecating, but =
we know he takes himself pretty seriously. He is hardly a thoughtful or =
sensitive husband, but he is devoted to Agnes.

As for Agnes, she occasionally hints at revolt from the conventions that =
restrict her but, ultimately, she is content to be a forgiving wife. The =
show's best-known song, My Cup Runneth Over, makes a beautiful cap to an =
argument.

Tom Jones and Harvey Schmidt became friends in 1950 while they were =
students at the University of Texas. The two arrived in New York in =
1955. Together they wrote reviews for a celebrated Manhattan supper club =
and several of their songs were recorded in a record-album called =
Demi-Dozen. The Fantasticks brought the pair to the attention of =
prolific Broadway producer David Merrick, who commissioned them to write =
the songs for a version of N. Richard Nash's play, The Rainmaker. This =
was called 110 in the Shade. Their next joint effort was to write the =
book, lyrics and music for I Do! I Do!=20

Our Director

Jacqi Loewy (Director) is one of the area's busiest freelance directors. =
She is currently the Artistic Director of Charenton Theater Company for =
whom she directed the critically acclaimed Look Back in Anger and the =
world premiere of Both Sides of the Family. For Weathervane she directed =
The Laramie Project, Proof, Little Shop of Horrors, The Rocky Horror =
Show, The Last Five Years and, most recently The Full Monty. Her other =
local directing credits include The Cleveland Play House (The =
Nutcracker, V-E Day), Dobama (V-E Day), Lyric Opera Cleveland (She Loves =
Me, Berlin to Broadway, The Fantasticks), Willoughby Fine Arts (The =
Fantasticks) and Solon Center for the Arts (Bad Dates, The Nerd, Crimes =
of the Heart, And the World Goes 'Round).

Our Cast

Chanda K. Porter was a member of Ohio Shakespeare Festival's ensemble =
this past summer and was seen there in Best Little Whorehouse in Texas . =
Other credits include You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown (Sally), The =
Rocky Horror Show (Magenta - Best Featured Actress Chanticleer at =
Weathervane Playhouse), and Little Shop of Horrors. Chanda graduated =
from Kent State with a B.S. in Criminal Justice and is currently working =
as a paralegal.

Ron Cuirle was last seen on the Weathervane stage in All My Sons last =
season. He was also seen in our production of The Rocky Horror Show. =
This past summer he was a company member for Ohio Shakespeare Festival =
and, last winter, appeared in The Bang and the Clatter's Long Christmas =
Ride Home.

Does he still owe you for Valentine's Day? Did he forget your =
anniversary? If romantic amends must be made, ladies, the show for him =
to take you to see is I DO! I DO! at Weathervane Playhouse September 5 - =
23, 2007.=20

Low-cost previews September 5 & 6 at 7:30 p.m. with official opening =
Friday, September 7 at 8 p.m. Other performances are Thursdays at 7:30 =
p.m., Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays at 2:30 p.m.=20

Charge by phone at Weathervane's Ticket Office at 330-836-2626 or =
purchase tickets online at www.weathervaneplayhouse.com. Call between 10 =
a.m. and 4 p.m. Mondays or between 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Tuesday through =
Friday.=20

Tickets: $17 - $23 (Other Tickets: Wed. & Thurs previews $17, Children =
17 or younger $18, College Students and Senior Citizens $20 on Thursdays =
and Sundays. Half-price student rush tickets may be purchased at the =
door with I.D. pending availability.=20

Special performance at 10 a.m. on Wednesday Sept. 19 - free to residents =
of area retirement homes, assisted living facilities and folks from =
Akron Senior Centers.

The play is recommended for audiences age 12+.

The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with state tax dollars to =
encourage economic growth,
education excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.
Additional Season Sponsors: WKSU, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
www.weathervaneplayhouse.com

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C7E34F.40E21B70

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><B><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D4>
<P align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#ff00ff>Weathervane Playhouse Opens =
73<SUP>rd</SUP>=20
Season</FONT></P>
<P align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#ff00ff>with a charming musical=20
scrapbook!</FONT></P><I>
<P align=3Dcenter><FONT color=3D#ff00ff>I DO! I =
DO!</FONT></P></B></I></FONT><FONT=20
face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P><FONT color=3D#ff00ff></FONT> </P>
<P>Don=92t miss Weathervane=92s 2007-2008 season-opener <B><I>I DO! I =
DO!,</B></I>=20
the charming musical by Tom Jones and Harvey Schmidt (the writers of =
<I>The=20
Fantasticks!).</I> <B><I>I DO! I DO!</B></I> will take the stage =
September 5=20
through September 23 for 12 performances.</P>
<P>Based on Jan de Hartog=92s <I>The Fourposter</I>, <B><I>I DO! I =
DO!</B></I> ,=20
has just two characters, Michael and Agnes, an upper-class couple who =
marry in=20
1898. We follow them through the next 50 years in a musical scrapbook of =
warm,=20
funny, whimsical, poignant and otherwise adorable songs.</P>
<P>Michael writes women=92s romance novels. He can be self-deprecating, =
but we=20
know he takes himself pretty seriously. He is hardly a thoughtful or =
sensitive=20
husband, but he is devoted to Agnes.</P>
<P>As for Agnes, she occasionally hints at revolt from the conventions =
that=20
restrict her but, ultimately, she is content to be a forgiving wife. The =
show=92s=20
best-known song<I>, My Cup Runneth Over</I>, makes a beautiful cap to an =

argument.</P><B>
<P>Tom Jones</B> and <B>Harvey Schmidt</B> became friends in 1950 while =
they=20
were students at the University of Texas. The two arrived in New York in =
1955.=20
Together they wrote reviews for a celebrated Manhattan supper club and =
several=20
of their songs were recorded in a record-album called <I>Demi-Dozen.</I> =
<I>The=20
Fantasticks</I> brought the pair to the attention of prolific Broadway =
producer=20
David Merrick, who commissioned them to write the songs for a version of =
N.=20
Richard Nash=92s play, <I>The Rainmaker.</I> This was called <I>110 in =
the=20
Shade.</I> Their next joint effort was to write the book, lyrics and =
music for=20
<I>I Do! I Do!</I> </P></FONT><B><FONT face=3DHelvetica>
<P align=3Dcenter>Our Director</P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<P>Jacqi Loewy</B> (Director) is one of the area=92s busiest freelance =
directors.=20
She is currently the Artistic Director of Charenton Theater Company for =
whom she=20
directed the critically acclaimed <I>Look Back in Anger</I> and the =
world=20
premiere of <I>Both Sides of the Family.</I> For Weathervane she =
directed <I>The=20
Laramie Project, Proof, Little Shop of Horrors, The Rocky Horror =
Show</I>,=20
<I>The Last Five Years</I> and, most recently </FONT><I><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>The Full Monty.</I> Her other local directing credits include =
The=20
Cleveland Play House (<I>The Nutcracker, V-E Day)</I>, Dobama <I>(V-E =
Day)</I>,=20
Lyric Opera Cleveland <I>(She Loves Me, Berlin to Broadway, The =
Fantasticks),=20
</I>Willoughby Fine Arts <I>(The Fantasticks)</I> and Solon Center for =
the Arts=20
<I>(Bad Dates, The Nerd, Crimes of the Heart, And the World Goes=20
=91Round)</I>.</P></FONT><B><FONT face=3DHelvetica>
<P align=3Dcenter>Our Cast</P></FONT><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>
<P>Chanda K. Porter</B> was a member of Ohio Shakespeare Festival=92s =
ensemble=20
this past summer and was seen there in <I>Best Little Whorehouse in =
Texas</I> .=20
Other credits include<I> You=92re A Good Man, Charlie Brown</I> (Sally), =
<I>The=20
Rocky Horror Show</I> (Magenta =96 Best Featured Actress Chanticleer at=20
Weathervane Playhouse), and <I>Little Shop of Horrors</I>. Chanda =
graduated from=20
Kent State with a B.S. in Criminal Justice and is currently working as a =

paralegal.</P><B>
<P>Ron Cuirle</B> was last seen on the Weathervane stage in <I>All My =
Sons</I>=20
last season. He was also seen in our production of <I>The Rocky Horror =
Show.</I>=20
This past summer he was a company member for Ohio Shakespeare Festival =
and, last=20
winter, appeared in The Bang and the Clatter=92s <I>Long Christmas Ride=20
Home.</P></I>
<P>Does he still owe you for Valentine=92s Day? Did he forget your =
anniversary? If=20
romantic amends must be made, ladies, the show for him to take you to =
see is=20
<B><I>I DO! I DO!</B></I> </FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>at =
<B>Weathervane</B>=20
<B>Playhouse September 5 - 23, 2007. </B></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Low-cost previews September 5 & 6 at =
7:30 p.m.=20
with official opening Friday, September 7 at 8 p.m.<B> </B>Other =
performances=20
are Thursdays at 7:30 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. and Sundays =
at 2:30=20
p.m. </FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Charge by phone at Weathervane=92s Ticket =
Office at=20
<B>330-836-2626</B> or purchase tickets online at =
www.weathervaneplayhouse.com.=20
<B><I>Call between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Mondays or between 10 a.m. and =
5:30 p.m.=20
Tuesday through Friday. </I></B></FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><B><I></B>Tickets: $17 - $23 </I>(Other =
Tickets: Wed.=20
& Thurs previews $17, Children 17 or younger $18, College Students =
and=20
Senior Citizens $20 on Thursdays and Sundays. Half-price student rush =
tickets=20
may be purchased at the door with I.D. pending availability<I>.</I> =
</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DHelvetica size=3D2>Special performance at 10 a.m. on =
Wednesday Sept.=20
19 =96 free to residents of area retirement homes, assisted living =
facilities and=20
folks from Akron Senior Centers.</P></FONT><B><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>
<P align=3Dcenter>The play is recommended for audiences age 12+.</P></B>
<P align=3Dcenter></P></FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D1></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT size=3D2>The Ohio Arts Council helped fund =
this program=20
with state tax dollars to encourage economic =
growth,</FONT></DIV></FONT><FONT=20
face=3DHelvetica size=3D1>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>education excellence and =
cultural=20
enrichment for all Ohioans.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV align=3Dcenter><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Additional Season =
Sponsors: WKSU,=20
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company</FONT></DIV>
<DIV></FONT><FONT face=3DTimes>
<P align=3Dcenter></FONT><A =
href=3D"http://www.weathervaneplayhouse.com/"><FONT=20
face=3DHelvetica=20