[NEohioPAL] Karamu House Seeks Talented Artists for their Popular Theatre Outreach Program

Najaa Young nyoung at karamu.com
Fri Sep 21 12:28:10 PDT 2007

Karamu House, the oldest multicultural arts institution in the nation, is
looking for experienced Arts Instructors and Actors for our popular Theater
Outreach Performance Series (T.O.P.S.).  T.O.P.S. is composed of
professional performers and instructors who tour throughout Northeast Ohio
providing plays and workshops to children and young adults. Our performances
and workshops encourage and support literacy, conflict resolution, better
interpersonal communication, self-control and awareness. Last year we
reached over 12,000 children and partnered with several agencies, school
districts and municipalities to bring quality arts programming to our area's
youth.

We are looking for instructors to teach:

Drama (Acting)
African dance
Creative movement
Creative writing
Hip Hop dance
Hip Hop creative writing

We are also looking for actors to perform in touring productions. Touring
and instruction will begin in late October and run throughout the school
year. Those interested in acting must be available between the hours of
9am-2pm, at least 3 days a week, Mon. - Fri., while instructors must be
available at least 2 days a week, Mon. - Fri., with flexible daytime hours.
Instructors and performers are paid for orientation/rehearsal and per
performance and workshop. Email resumes to tops at karamu.com and you will be
contacted for an interview/audition. No phone calls please.

Karamu House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Najaa Young, MFA

Program Director

Theatre Outreach Performance Series

Karamu House, Inc.

Telephone: (216) 795-7070, ext. 241

Fax: (216) 795-7073

"Our worst fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we
are powerful beyond measure..." -Nelson Mandela