[NEohioPAL] Men's Ballet Class on Fridays at CCD

Courtney Laves balletlaves at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 21 14:02:36 PDT 2007

Announcing Mark Otloski teaching a new Men’s ballet series
   at Cleveland City Dance

  Former Cleveland/San Jose Ballet Principal dancer of 22 years, Mark Otloski, will teach this all men’s class.  During his tenure with the company he also served as rehearsal assistant and as Ballet Master of Ballet San Jose of Silicon Valley. Mr. Otloski is currently dancing with GroundWorks Dancetheater and is the Educational Outreach Coordinator for the company.  Mr. Otloski is on the faculty at Cleveland City Dance 3days a week.

  The classes will be held in 3-Friday sessions from 4:30-6:00pm.
  The Fall 2007 session dates are as follows:
              Session 1 - September 21, 28, & October 5
              Session 2 - October 12, 19, & 26
              Session 3 - November 2,9, & 30

  Mark Otloski is offering men’s ballet class to all area male dance students ages 12-30 with two years ballet experience and currently taking ballet class twice a week at their local dance school.

  Cleveland City Dance recognizes young men’s need to have an opportunity to take a class taught by a male ballet teacher, separate from young ladies.  A class geared for young men addresses their needs similar to pointe for young ladies.

  We hope you will post this at your facility and encourage young men to take this wonderful opportunity to work in an all male setting.  This will be a chance to create camaraderie for young men in the Cleveland dance community.

  If I can be of any assistance or if you have questions please contact me directly at Cleveland City Dance 216-932-0222.

  Sincerely,

Courtney J. Laves-Mearini