[NEohioPAL] TrueNorth Open House on Saturday, October 20th

CJ Cordova cjcordova at adelphia.net
Fri Oct 12 06:09:57 PDT 2007

            .to educate, equip and empower each individual

            .by envisioning and encouraging a flourishing arts community

TRUENORTH OPEN HOUSE ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 20TH.

Live artistic demonstrations and musical performances from 6:30pm - 10:00pm.

Sheffield Village, Ohio (October 11th, 2007) - What is creativity? What makes and artist tick? What is the process an artist employs when creating a custom piece? The answers to this and many more are found on Saturday, October 20th from 6:30pm - 10:30pm, when TrueNorth opens its doors and invites the public to witness behind-the-scenes workings that make up the creative arts group. The event, taking place at TrueNorth at French Creek in Sheffield Village, promises to entertain, enlighten and empower all in attendance through examples and select live demonstrations in music, theatre, visual arts, dance and literature. The evening performances and demonstrations are wrapped within the gallery walls at French Creek, where TrueNorth and local community artists' works are showcased in the current gallery show theme Water & Color. All artwork is for sale and can be purchased until the show closes on November 17th.

"We experienced such a positive response from both the community and our resident artists during our first opening weekend in early September, that we decided to incorporate the live demonstrations and select musical performances into each and every open house," explains Rick Fortney, Executive Director for TrueNorth. "Our artists and musicians will create unique works throughout the evening," he adds. TrueNorth plans to conduct an open house, musical or theatrical performance on the third Saturday of every month.

TrueNorth is planning a powerhouse lineup of live artistic demonstrations and musical performances for the evening of October 20th. Molly Simon, Chris Ellicott, Sue Kauffman, Kathy Rogers, Anna Baker, Renata Schmidt - Zahuranec, and Lindsay Kauffman will be among the artists working throughout the evening.

Molly Simon brings strength and hope to existing and recovering cancer patients through visual and literary art forms with her watercolor paintings and renowned book titled "Colors of Hope, A First Year's Journey with Breast Cancer", which illustrates her journey and struggle through her own encounter with breast cancer. Molly will be holding a book signing in addition to showcasing her creative works at the Open House.

Chris Ellicott, one of TrueNorth's many cherished instructors, will fill the quiet evening air with gentle sounds of classical guitar. Chris is founder and member of the 13-year old clarinet and guitar duo, Saturday in the Park. Chris draws his creativity from his wealth of experiences in teaching, performing and collaborating. He is on the Board of the Greater Cleveland Classical Guitar Society and member of the National Guitar Foundation of America.

Live artistic demonstrations will be performed by many of TrueNorth's resident artists. Each will create one-of-a-kind artworks, and each artist will be available to talk with visitors and to answer any questions. "Our art is known for its quality, variety and affordability," states Susan Schauer, Gallery Manager for TrueNorth at French Creek. "Our stunning gallery collection offers unique gift ideas for the upcoming holiday season. If you seek a custom piece, we can match the right artist for the commission," Schauer adds.

TrueNorth is proud to showcase such a host of decorated artists, writers, performers and musicians. Join us at TrueNorth at French Creek, as we bask in the fun and celebrate everything creative.

Contact TrueNorth with questions, or visit www.TNCArts.org for more information.

Visit TrueNorth at French Creek:

            4530 Colorado Avenue

            Sheffield Village, Ohio 44054

            P: 440.949.5200

            Gallery Hours:                                                  Monday - Friday, 10am - 8pm

                                                                                    Saturday, 10am - 4pm

Visit TrueNorth at Saddle Inn:

            33491 Lake Road

            Avon Lake, Ohio 44012

            P: 440.933.7771

            Gallery Hours:                                                  Monday - Thursday, 12pm - 4pm

                                                                                    Friday, 12pm - 6pm

                                                                                    Saturday, 10am - 4pm

About TrueNorth Cultural Arts
TrueNorth is a multidisciplinary arts organization committed to building and strengthening individuals and the community through performing arts, visual arts and humanities. The vision is twofold: First, to educate, equip and empower individuals so that they may embrace and succeed in the creative arts; and second, to envision and encourage a community where arts and art appreciation flourish.

TrueNorth Cultural Arts headquarters is located at 4530 Colorado Avenue, Sheffield Village, Ohio, in the French Creek Nature Center. Gallery Hours are Monday thru Friday, 10am - 8pm and Saturday from 10:00am - 4:00pm. For more information call 440-949-5200 or visit the TrueNorth Website at www.TNCArts.org.