[NEohioPAL] What is Physical Theater?

jpaul at theaterninjas.com jpaul at theaterninjas.com
Fri Oct 12 03:52:18 PDT 2007

This Fall, the Theater Ninjas are holding a series of Movement
Workshops to kick off our 2007-2008 season.  Led by Theater Ninja Faye
Hargate, these bi-weekly workshops explore movement techniques and
improv exercises derived from the French school, Ecole Jacques Lecoq.
The goal is to give participants the opportunity to expand their
movement abilities and develop a basis for physical improvisation and
expression in rehearsal.  With this workshop series, we want to offer
performers the time and space to explore new performance ideas, meet
like-minded artists and rehearse without the pressure of an
approaching performance.

This workshop is open to all performers: actors, dancers, musicians, etc.
However, space is limited, so please contact us to reserve a slot at
ninja at theaterninjas.com

You will need:
- Energy: This is a physically demanding workshop, so be prepared.
- Comfortable movement clothing; no jeans or shirts with writing on
them please.
- A water bottle
- $6

October 20, Saturday