[NEohioPAL] Seeking Original Local Music for Short

Al Diamond Phillips alitivity at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 09:33:38 PDT 2007

Will Royalties be Paid? I always ask this question,
since I am a musician and songwriter. I am also always
amazed that the answer is usually no, even when a
sound track is being distributed. It is one thing to
display ones music in an indie film and give the
filmmaker right to use that song in the film, but
asking to give the rights to a song to someone other
than the creator of that song other than for limited
use with exception to paying situations is a little
ridiculous. Would any film makers out there spend
their time and money producing a film so that I could
use it as a video for my song, by the way I want you
to sign over your rights to the film so that I have
the rights to do what ever I want with it. I'm sure
that doesn't sound so appealing either.

Al Diamond Phillips

PS I am not attacking this particular post, just the
idea in general.