[NEohioPAL] Feminist Art Show Opens Friday in Rocky River

Matt Cook mattcook at studioof5rings.com
Wed Nov 14 11:55:32 PST 2007

The Studio of 5 Rings brings you the work of Katelynn Altgilbers November
16, 2007 through January 5, 2008. Katelynn's mixed media pieces focus on her
shared experiences about being a woman in today's society. The gallery show
opens with a reception Friday November 16, 2007 from 5:00pm to 9:00pm.

Artist Statement  "Born in Albuquerque, New Mexico and raised throughout the
Southwest, my influences on my art have been vast and diverse. A short-lived
childhood and rapid emotional growth lead me to the arts very early in life.
How life has affected me emotionally, spiritually, and physically is
reflected in my work. Art has been my release, my resource for healing, and
my route of personal expression throughout the entirety of my existence. It
is quite important to me that over 80% of my art is made of recycled
products. Structure and form interest me greatly. I prefer to have
high-contrast, three-dimensional, and interactive pieces. The detail and
time that is spent in the creation of my work is immense and indefinably
extensive. "

Matt Cook
STUDIO OF 5 RINGS, LLC
20160 Center Ridge Rd., #210