[NEohioPAL] Attentino "Voodoo Rising" actors and others interested in indie film making.

Abbie Jergens ruckvalentino at live.com
Fri Nov 30 05:39:07 PST 2007

     ****This is a message for all fellow actors who appeared in the recently shot “Voodoo Rising” film or anyone else looking at getting into local indie films.

      I believe this will be the best means of getting my message out to all of you. A meeting has been called for all actors who appeared in “Voodoo Rising” to get together to sign all appropriate contracts for release and compensation for our involvement in “Voodoo Rising.” I would like to take this opportunity to caution each of you while completing the necessary documents. Above all make sure to receive a copy your contract before you leave for home. Comments like “I will get you a copy” or “We’ll make copies and send you one” are completely unacceptable this day and age. The reason I’m warning you is because of a story I heard. I have a friend who worked with a now defunct company called “Fright Teck Pictures” and the producers never gave the actors a copy of the contract and actually destroyed the originals so as not to have to pay anyone.  Before folding, the company actually had their project picked up for distribution and from what I understand received quite a nice fee for the film. Once the money was received the company changed it’s name into something else..and in essence ran with the money. Be careful and do not let this happen to you. I’m not saying the folks at “Voodoo Rising” would do such a thing, but I am encouraging you to protect yourself. And Remember...Are you really only worth 2% ? I miss you guys….

Abigail Jergens
Cleveland