[NEohioPAL] Attentino "Voodoo Rising" actors and others interested in indie film making.

silvia marchena guillen elektrica53 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 30 19:40:19 PST 2007

        First of all let me start this email by saying that it is very easy to write the email you wrote by hiding yourself with a false name and an email adress created only to send this email. Everything you wrote is full of lies I can prove it right now: I am one of the actresses of Voodoo Rising and we didn't have any actress call Abigail Jergens as part of the cast. Then your email adress is: ruckvalentino at ... but it's funny that "ruck" comes from Ruck It Up Productions, a company with a partnership with Fright Tech Pictures, and that "Valentino" is the pseudonymous use sometimes but the people in Fright Teck Pictures. Next time, have some more imagination.
It is true that the cast have been called for a meeting to discuss contracts, payments, etc... and it is a good thing that the director actually call us for a meeting regarding this since others directors don't even give you a contract. Thanks for the advice about taking a copy of the contract home, I'm sure we'll do it and you too if you go to the meeting, or are you too afraid to show up after this email? You said you're warning us because of a story you heard. You know, the easiest way to start a rumor is by saying you heard something from a friend, a cousin, a friend of a friend, etc... I'm gonna uncover all your lies one by one right now:
   - You say your friend worked for a now denfuct company called Fright Tech Pictures. That is a lie because Fright Tech Pictures is not defunct, in fact, it was the company who created Voodoo Rising. Fright Tech is still active and they have several projects going on right now, including a very cool one that will start at the beggining of the next year. So you just invented the "denfuct" part. Why? You have worked in Voodoo Rising too so you know they are an active production company!
   - Second lie: No Fright Tech movie had ever been picked up for distributions, in part because all the movies they have are recently finished or still in the editing process, so stop inventing lies about that. Nobody could run with any money because there haven't been no money involved! The movies haven't even been show anywhere yet like to get distribution.
   - Fright Tech Pictures never have changed its name. It has worked with different companies or people from Fright Tech has been working for other companies, it is very different to changing the name.

And no, make sure all this won't happen to us the same way it never happened to your friend since everything you have said is a lie. I hope all the Voodoo Rising cast read this, at least I'm saying my name and who I am. You say you miss us but who are you? No Abigail has ever been part of Voodoo Rising. Now, if you have any problems with the director or any other person involved in this production you better solve your problems in a different way. There is no reason for being such a coward and immature and posting this in a mail list only to make believe the people of Fright Tech is bad. Any problem you have, talk to the responsible ones. We have had several problems while shooting the movie, but I don't know any production company who doesn't. After all the shooting is complete and the movie is being edited right now. There was no neccesity for this.
Sincerely,
Silvia Marchena-Guillen

From: ruckvalentino at live.comTo: neohiopal at listserve.comDate: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:39:07 -0500Subject: [NEohioPAL] Attentino "Voodoo Rising" actors and others interested in indie film making.

     ****This is a message for all fellow actors who appeared in the recently shot “Voodoo Rising” film or anyone else looking at getting into local indie films.

      I believe this will be the best means of getting my message out to all of you. A meeting has been called for all actors who appeared in “Voodoo Rising” to get together to sign all appropriate contracts for release and compensation for our involvement in “Voodoo Rising.” I would like to take this opportunity to caution each of you while completing the necessary documents. Above all make sure to receive a copy your contract before you leave for home. Comments like “I will get you a copy” or “We’ll make copies and send you one” are completely unacceptable this day and age. The reason I’m warning you is because of a story I heard. I have a friend who worked with a now defunct company called “Fright Teck Pictures” and the producers never gave the actors a copy of the contract and actually destroyed the originals so as not to have to pay anyone.  Before folding, the company actually had their project picked up for distribution and from what I understand received quite a nice fee for the film. Once the money was received the company changed it’s name into something else..and in essence ran with the money. Be careful and do not let this happen to you. I’m not saying the folks at “Voodoo Rising” would do such a thing, but I am encouraging you to protect yourself. And Remember...Are you really only worth 2% ? I miss you guys….

Abigail Jergens
Cleveland

You keep typing, we keep giving. Download Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. Join in!