[NEohioPAL] A Fun Time for a Good Cause

diana at dianatyler.com diana at dianatyler.com
Wed Dec 5 14:55:16 PST 2007

I'm getting this early note to you to ask you to either
- Put this on your calendar OR
- Remember the cause with a donation, even if you can't attend.

I'm holding another "Singalong/Guitaraoke" night at The Carlisle Cafe (1509 Grafton Rd., at Fuller Rd., Elyria) on Saturday, December 22, 6-8 p.m.  The best part is that it's a BENEFIT for PATHWAYS COUNSELING & GROWTH CENTER, Lorain County's only faith-based, not-for-profit counseling center.  Pathways has been providing quality, affordable counseling in Lorain County for 25 years (go ahead--ask me how I know...); your support at this benefit will help the Center continue and expand its services in the years ahead.

One fun peculiarity of this particular evening will be, in addition to the usual eclectic mix of songs from several eras and musical styles (some done in singlong or open mic format), we'll be holding "Christmas Carol Wars!"  That is, you can request a Christmas carol or holiday song (or even a non-seasonal, "regular" song)--I'll sing it if I know it...UNLESS someone else in the audience HATES the song...and bids a higher amount for me NOT to play it!  This *could* be a lot of fun.  Our combined efforts could also resut in a nice gift to Pathways at the end of the night.

I'll accept cash, checks, money orders, and, yes, even I.O.U.s!!  (Hey, I know it's a "broke" time of year for a lot of us!  But I hope that, sometime over the next 12 months, you'll honor your pledge.)  Plus, my old CRISIS cds are still for sale at $10 each, with the entire amount going to Pathways.  (I can even take credit cards for those sales!)

And, as some of you have been asking, I also hope to have some copies for sale of the two Rosebud Records cds which contain my song, "Only Joseph", recorded by the women's country vocal trio J3.  (Sorry, but proceeds from these two cds have to go to the record company.)

Can't be with us that night for the fun?  Send your donation (checks payble to "Pathways Counseling & Growth Center") to Pathways, 312 Third St., Elyria, OH  44035.

If you plan to be with us, don't forget to order dinner, a few drinks and, perhaps, dessert that night.  (After all, the owner and staff have got to make a living, too!)  Yes, the Cafe serves alcohol.

I hope to see you at the Carlisle Cafe December 22!  Thanks for caring!

With love and wishes for a happy, healthy, peaceful, love-filled, and prosperous Christmas and New Year,
Diana
www.dianatyler.com
www.pathwayscounselingcenter.com