[NEohioPAL] Ohio Youth Ballet continues annual patron drive

Christy McCune christyrmccune at sssnet.com
Sat Dec 8 07:56:02 PST 2007

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                             Dec. 7,
2007

OHIO YOUTH BALLET CONTINUES ANNUAL PATRON DRIVE

CANAL FULTON, Ohio - The Ohio Youth Ballet annual patron drive continues
until Dec. 31. The pre-professional non-profit 501C(3) ballet and dance
company is in its ninth season and is housed at The Turning Pointe School of
Dance, 2387 Locust St. S., Canal Fulton. The company serves children and
young adults between the ages of 9 and 22 within the Northeastern Ohio
region.

With two artistic directors bringing a whole new dimension to the Ohio Youth
Ballet this season and other positive changes, the board of trustees cannot
contain their excitement. And they invite members of the community to be a
part of it.

      "We have hired a new artistic director, Natalya Vyashenko-Connor, who
is young, inspiring, positive, and brings a whole new dimension to our
company," says Bruce Irion, chairman of the 2007/2008 patron drive. "We have
also expanded our venues to other dance forms, including jazz, modern, tap,
hip-hop, and break-dancing. We have hired Desmond Beasley as the Dance Team
Artistic Director to head this new venture. Desmond is an exciting
instructor and choreographer who will infuse passion into this program."

The Ohio Youth Ballet depends solely on donations from businesses and
individuals, grants, volunteer assistance, and local fundraising events.
Funds raised go toward costumes, studio rental, choreography, promotions,
rehearsals and many other areas to make the season a success. This year's
patron drive goal is set at $10,000.

This 2007-2008 season includes various outreach programs at area nursing
homes, schools and libraries and performances at festivals and events
throughout the region.

Patrons are welcome to sponsor the Ohio Youth Ballet at various commitment
levels. All donations are tax-deductible. Call 330-854-1417.

###