[NEohioPAL] Littlest Light, Christmas Cabaret and More at Stocker This Week

Janet Barlow jbarlow at lorainccc.edu
Mon Dec 10 12:10:05 PST 2007

Are you still looking for the perfect holiday theatre experience for the whole family?
If so, we have it here at Stocker Arts Center this Wednesday!
Or, are you looking for the perfect holiday music event?
If so, we have it here this coming Friday and Saturday!

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 7:30pm
"THE LITTLEST LIGHT ON THE CHRISTMAS TREE"

Based on the award-winning film by Peter & Lynne Lewis, Tom Marolda and Larry Holofcener; Music by Peter Lewis, Book by Jim Hindman, Original Lyrics by Tom Marolda and Larry Holofcener, New and Additional Lyrics by Cheryl Stern

A new stage musical developed from the award-winning animated feature. Timothy, an 8-year old whose father has been killed in World War II, encounters the callous and greedy Mr. Girthmore, owner of the town's only department store. Girthmore fools him into spending his last penny to buy a small broken Christmas tree light, telling the young boy that the bulb has magical powers. Against all odds, Timmy believes in the magic of the little light. His belief not only makes his dreams come true, but also ultimately fulfills the dreams of all. While Little Light is an actual character in this magical family holiday production, the theme expands into the "light" of belief, courage, and generosity that ultimately shines on all of the characters.  http://www.littlestlight.com <BLOCKED::http://www.littlestlight.com>

Tickets: $15/Adults; $10/Children 12 and under

To read more about this event, please click on http://www.lorainccc.edu/Stocker+Arts+Center/RandomActsSeries.htm <BLOCKED::http://www.lorainccc.edu/Stocker+Arts+Center/RandomActsSeries.htm>

"THE LITTLEST LIGHT ON THE CHRISTMAS TREE" qualifies for our new "Take A Chance" ticket program - which means that ½ price tickets ($7.50/each for all ages) - will be available at the Box Office beginning at 6:00pm Wednesday!

There is also a Student Matinee performance of "THE LITTLEST LIGHT ON THE CHRISTMAS TREE" on Wednesday, December 12th at 10:00am.  Tickets for the Student Matinee performance are $4.00/each.  Single tickets for this performance will be available at the Box Office beginning at 9:00am on Wednesday.

Friday and Saturday, December 14 & 15 at 7:30pm &
Saturday, December 15 at 3:00pm

"A Christmas Cabaret"

in the intimate Studio Theatre of Stocker Arts Center - Only 150 seats per performance available!

The best kick-off we could think of to inaugurate our new Studio Theatre series is a show that celebrates this wonderful performance venue and the joy of the holiday season as well!  "A Christmas Cabaret," was conceived and is hosted by Bill Rudman, who along with pianist/co-host Nancy Maier and singers Hannah Laird and Jared Leal will take you on a sleigh ride of 30 songs for the season.

Tickets: $15/Adults; $10/Children 12 and under
This show does not qualify for the "Take A Chance" ticket program.

To read more about this event, please click on http://www.lorainccc.edu/Stocker+Arts+Center/RandomActsSeries.htm <BLOCKED::http://www.lorainccc.edu/Stocker+Arts+Center/RandomActsSeries.htm>

Or if those on your list would prefer a visual arts gift, come to the
WINTER HOLIDAY FINE ART AND CRAFT EXHIBIT AND SALE
in the Beth K. Stocker Art Gallery now through Friday, December 21st.
Perfect the fine art of gift giving at the Winter Holiday Fine Art and Craft Exhibit and Sale.  Artists include Beverly Boiwka, Seth Chwast, Nancy Halbrooks, Callie Haplea, Josh Haplea, Michael Tayse, Jean Kondo Weigl and Michael Zellers.  Gift items range from cards and holiday decorations to jewelry, scarves, ceramics, photography and fine art prints - all great gifts at special prices!   Presented by Stocker Arts Center.

Gallery Hours: Monday through Friday from 10:30am to 2:30pm and during many of the Stocker Arts Center evening and weekend events.  Gallery tours and additional hours by appointment.  Call 440-366-4140.  The exhibitions and events in the Art Gallery are FREE and open to the public.

Use this link to get to our website http://www.lorainccc.edu/Stocker <BLOCKED::blocked::BLOCKED::blocked::BLOCKED::http://www.lorainccc.edu/Stocker>  and read more about these and our other upcoming events, films and exhibitions!

The Stocker Box Office is open Mondays through Fridays from 12:00 noon to 6:00pm, and one-and-a-half hours before ticketed events now through December 14th.  The Box Office will be open on Saturday, December 15th at 1:30pm until the 3:00pm curtain time, and again from 6:00pm until the 7:30pm curtain time.  You can purchase tickets in person, by phone, by fax, or online.  By phone, please call (800) 995-5222 ext. 4040 or (440) 366-4040 or fax your order to (440) 366-4761.   The Box Office will be closed for the holidays from Monday, December 17th through Tuesday, January 1st, 2008.  It will reopen at 12:00 noon on Wednesday, January 2nd.  However, you can visit our website 24/7 at www.lorainccc.edu/stocker <BLOCKED::blocked::BLOCKED::blocked::BLOCKED::blocked::blocked::http://www.lorainccc.edu/stocker>  and click on the "Buy Stocker Event Tickets" icon and buy tickets for any upcoming event even while the Box Office is closed!

For more information or to request a season brochure or ask to be put on the mailing list to receive a 2008 Winter/Spring Film brochure, please call the Stocker office at (800) 995-5222 ext. 4140 OR (440) 366-4140.

The Stocker Arts Center is on the campus of Lorain County Community College, 1005 North Abbe Road, Elyria, Ohio  44035.  Click here for map and directions: http://www.lorainccc.edu/Stocker+Arts+Center/Map.htm <http://www.lorainccc.edu/Stocker+Arts+Center/Map.htm>

>From all of us at Stocker Arts Center, we wish you and yours the best of holiday seasons and a Happy New Year!  I look forward to welcoming you to Stocker Arts Center!!  Please keep scrolling down for a list of some of the other upcoming events and the 2008 winter/spring film series info.

Janet
*************************
Janet Herman Barlow
Director, Stocker Arts Center
Lorain County Community College
1005 North Abbe Road
Elyria, Ohio  44035
440.366.7105 or
1.800.995.5222 ext. 7105
440.366.4101 [fax]
jbarlow at lorainccc.edu <BLOCKED::blocked::BLOCKED::blocked::BLOCKED::blocked::blocked::BLOCKED::blocked::blocked::mailto:jbarlow at lorainccc.edu>
www.lorainccc.edu/stocker <BLOCKED::blocked::BLOCKED::blocked::BLOCKED::blocked::blocked::BLOCKED::blocked::blocked::http://www.lorainccc.edu/stocker>

Tickets for all events and 2008 Winter/Spring films are on sale!

2008 Upcoming Live Events:

"THE PRODUCERS" (Monday, January 28, 2008)
"ALMOST HEAVEN" (Sunday, February 3, 2008)
Terrance Simien & The Zydeco Experience (Friday, February 8, 2008) - he was just nominated for a Grammy for Best Zydeco or Cajun Music Album!!
"The Look of Love: A Valentine Cabaret" featuring Helen Welch (Thursday and Friday, February 14 & 15, 2008)
Pavlo and His Band (Saturday, March 1, 2008)
"THE GREAT AMERICAN TRAILER PARK MUSICAL" (Sunday, March 2, 2008)
DanceBrazil (Tuesday, March 18, 2008)
"RING OF FIRE" (Tuesday, April 1, 2008)

2008 Winter/Spring Film Series (all films are at 7:30pm):

GOLDEN DOOR (Friday, January 11, 2008)
SUNFLOWER (Friday, January 25, 2008)
SICKO (Friday, February 1, 2008)
ONCE (Friday, February 22, 2008)
IN THE VALLEY OF ELAH (Friday, February 29, 2008)
OUTSOURCED (Friday, March 14, 2008)
THE LIVES OF OTHERS (Friday, March 21, 2008)
PETE SEEGER: THE POWER OF SONG (Friday, April 4, 2008)
ATONEMENT (Friday, April 11, 2008)
ONLY HUMAN (Friday, April 25, 2008)

Film Admission:
Patrons, except LCCC students/faculty/staff with valid ID, must purchase an annual membership in the LCCC Film Society for $3.00/each, which is good for the entire season (September through April). The admission price for each film is $5.00/ticket with your membership card.