[NEohioPAL] Unsolicited Review of Sweeney Todd film with JohnnyDepp

Sharon Shaffer bellissimasop at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 23 12:29:46 PST 2007

Hi everybody,

    Well, you know I am a singer and voice teacher, so I felt I must put my two cents in, but take it or leave it and see the show to judge for yourselves.

So...

Oy Vey....That was good singing???

    I don't understand how this could happen.  The film had millions of dollars of sound tech available to them, and Helena Bonham Carter still ended up sounding AWFUL! If they can make Brittany Spears (sp?) sound like she's singing, why couldn't they have done better for Helena? The actor playingToby ( a young boy soprano) had the best voice of all.

I did like everything else..the directors choices were all believable and well done, great visuals, though I missed the humor of the show allot, and the chorus, and some of the best musical numbers were sadly cut.

Enjoy making your own opinions,

Happy Channukwanzachristmasolstika (did I leave one out) to all!!

Sharon Shaffer