[NEohioPAL] EXTREMELY important message from Fred about Neohiopal ... PLEASE READ!!

FSternfeld at aol.com FSternfeld at aol.com
Mon Dec 31 07:18:57 PST 2007

Hi Everybody!

Happy New Year!

I got a few messages from people recently that they are no longer  receiving
the Neohiopal mail so I did some investigating with the  technical support
staff at Listserve.com.

Apparently, some subscribers are reporting their Neohiopal mail as  "spam."
When their mail service get enough of these reports they block our  mail and
this can cause a mass unsubscription.

Please be extremely careful not to report the Neohiopal mail as  spam.  If
you have decided you no longer want to be a subscriber then  please unsubscribe
or let me know and I will help you  unsubscribe.

Instructions are here: _http://www.fredsternfeld.com/faqs.htm#howtochange_
(http://www.fredsternfeld.com/faqs.htm#howtochange) .

I have included a copy and paste below of some information  Listserve.com
sent me yesterday.

Warm Regards,

Fred  Sternfeld
_http://www.fredsternfeld.com_ (http://www.fredsternfeld.com/)
216-360-0708-home
216-496-6087-cell

On  Dec 30, 2007, at 10:18 PM, FSternfeld at aol.com wrote:

> Hi  Jeff,
>
> About 230 subscribers disappeared off of the list  today.  It was at
> 4660 and now is at 4430.  I didn't  receive notification of
> unsubscriptions in this quantity  either.  What's up?

It looks like all or most of your adelphia.net addresses have bounced
off due to spam complaints:

Dec 29 15:32:44 mailman  postfix/smtp[69188]: D58741FBCCB:
to=<terrirdh at adelphia.net>,  relay=mx1.adelphia.net[68.168.75.82],
delay=27179, status=deferred  (host mx1.adelphia.net[68.168.75.82]
refused to talk to me: 421  Message Rejected. Please refer to http://
security.rr.com/amIBlockedByRR.htm  for more information.)

Speaking of which, I have 330 spam complaints from  AOL for your list
in December. It can't hurt to remind them that they  shouldn't be
clicking the spam button if they want email from the  list.

-Jeff