[NEohioPAL] Aurora Community Theatre - Sepcial Event - 'Same Time, Next Year' - Coming in February

Chris White crwhite114 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 10:03:19 PST 2008

    News Release
  For Immediate Release
  Contact:  Chris White
  crwhite114 at yahoo.com

  Aurora Community Theatre presents:
  Same Time, Next Year

  January 7, 2008

  Same Time, Next Year is a romantic, whimsical, and fun comedy where two people meet for one February weekend each year for an adulterous affair. The meetings begin in 1951 and end in 1975. They don't carry on a relationship outside this weekend, not even phone calls, so the events in their lives are new to each other.

>From New Jersey, George, an accountant, refers to his life as a brown-thumb. Doing the books for a friend in the California wine business, he meets Doris, who lives in Oakland with a moderate stay--at-home life; each have spouses and six kids between them.

The entire action takes place in a cottage room outside San Francisco. After their liaison, George and Doris discuss partners, career changes, kids, impotence, pregnancy, sexuality, politics, etc. They have a pact that they will share a couple of good stories and couple of bad stories about each other's spouses.

Written by Bernard Slade, known for television comedy creations; this play easily transferred to film, which did star Alan Alda and Ellen Burstyn.

Denise Bernstein and Rick Carter carry this entire play, through the ages.  The characters encounter life changing elements and the audience gets a clear idea of the time, when historic references are made. This is excellent!!

  Rick and Denise are no strangers to the stage of ACT.  Denise has been in No Sex Please, We’re British, Come Blow Your Horn, Tribute, Exit the Body and Rick has been seen in Over the River, Moon Over Buffalo, No Sex Please, We’re British, High Spirits, and Exit the Body.

  Same Time Next Year
  By Bernard Slade
  Directed by Barbara L. Rhoades
  Produced by John Marchese
  Four Performances Only
  Friday and Saturdays @ 8pm
  Feb 22 23  29 and March 1

  Call the Box Office Today
  330-562-1818
  Or
  Order your tickets on-line and pick your own seats!
  www.auroracommunitytheatre.com
  Directions
The Aurora Community Theatre is a part of the Aurora Memorial Library complex located at 115 East Pioneer Trail, in Aurora, Ohio.  We can easily be located from different directions.

  Chris White
166 Royal Oak Drive
Aurora, OH 44202

Chris White