[NEohioPAL] Beck Center model request

Anthony Weishar a_weishar at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 08:12:19 PST 2008

There are a couple of factors worth considering before attacking the rate offered by Beck Center. One has been covered very well, the economy, including the Cleveland market. Add to this the number of models out of work and underemployed, who need money for food, utilities, gas. Those $100 per hour booking are few or far away. It is good to have someone warning new people what the industry rate is, so they can decide what to take.

The main consideration is the employer. I am guessing that the complainers ave not done a financial audit on Beck Center's books. The is a community arts center, not Harvard U. or Microsoft. They do not have the resources of major modeling employers and ad agencies. That is why the rate was posted. It is what was in their budget. They are not looking to take advantage of people.

Disclaimer: As a local model with  david and lee and Ford, I took into consideration the business that was requesting a lower rate before accepting a booking. For local employers and non profits with limited budgets, I was very willing to help. I even donated some sessions. No one forced me as no one is forced to take the Beck booking.

Thanks to Fred & Co. for letting us speak out.

Tony Weishar